[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else recently get over the "albums are created to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1464283983670.png (313 KB, 704x528) Image search: [Google]
1464283983670.png
313 KB, 704x528
Anyone else recently get over the "albums are created to be listened to all the way in order" delusion?

I now realize the album format is nothing more than a old commercial way of releasing songs in bulk. Songs that more or less have nothing to do with each other other than maybe being recorded at the same studio. And at least 85% of the time the album format is NOT being used in any sort of artistic fashion.
>>
>>65180877
*tips*
>>
>>65180877
what are you getting at?
>>
>>65180877
It depends on the structure of the album. It is a concept album? etc etc etc lol
>>
>>65180877
If the songs are linked to each other (the first song is continued into the second one and so on) then it makes sense to listen to the album in order.
>>
>>65181257
Which is a small number of 99% rock only albums.
>>
Depends on the artist. Though there's generally no proof one way or the other. Keep in mind that thinking 9f an album as a whole doesn't keep you from appreciating the songs individually too.
>>
I fn hate modern concept albums. I know that's acceptitshite. But i have never listened to one. Nor will i ever. Ffs orson... .
>>
>>65181348
Some electronic albums too. Anyway, most albums are just a bunch of songs thrown together. It doesn't matter the playing order.
>>
>>65181348
The 1% can be great though

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8yLTXcm5P8I
>>
I usually listen chronologically on the first listen then skip around after that. There is some thought put into song order even if they have nothing to do with each other
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.