[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what makes this album good? >inb4 b8 i've been meaning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 81J7coHyJ7L._SL1417_.jpg (263 KB, 1417x1417) Image search: [Google]
81J7coHyJ7L._SL1417_.jpg
263 KB, 1417x1417
what makes this album good?
>inb4 b8

i've been meaning to listen to this for a while, is it worth it? if so, what are your favorite tracks? least favorite?
>>
seconded
>>
It's worth it, it has just ok production, very good drumming, good songwriting, but the reason it's so popular is because of it's tone and emotion, I think. It's subject matter is something that literally everybody can relate with, and it's all capped off with so much and intense feelings in Alvin Row.

A lot of people just stop during the first track, but the second track is one of AnCo's best and it's where I got hooked on it
>>
It's like noise, but it actually sounds good.

Yes.

Spirit They've Vanished and Untitled are the GOAT

La Rapet is my least favorite, but they're all great.
>>
>>65167963
it's like a fairy in that it's playful (its pop-ness) & abrasive (the noise bits) they were also like 16 or something when the lyrics were written or something. it's not that hard to get into but yes it deserves its praise imo just give it a listen
>>
90% https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqLcW4KVSpg

faggots
>>
>>65168179
I think Penn Dreadfuls is the only one that was written when Avey was 16. Avey wrote everything and gave Panda an outline for the drums. It's basically an Avey Tare solo album featuring Panda the Drum Bitch
>>
They're genuinely catchy melodies, drenched in a particular atmosphere that appeals to me, coupled with lyrics that are emotionally connected to me.
>>
Copy pasting my response from the other STGSTV thread that happened yesterday:

From one perspective yeah, this album doesn't seem that great. It's sloppy, the production isn't pristine, and it often has moments where it juxtaposes abrasive noise with cutesy acoustic folk/synth stuff. But at the same time, despite being flawed, it's flawed feel is what makes it good at the same time, too because as a result of both the good parts and the "bad" parts what we get is kinda charming. A very personal experience with a lot of character. The fact that it has these flaws and its good parts make it feel human because humans very similarly are flawed creatures, too no matter how cute or sexy or smart or cool or *insert positive thing* we are, too.

I used to shit on earlier AnCo in general. But I have honestly come to appreciate this about their earlier work in that its sloppiness is part of what gives it character. It's sorta like what happened in the late 70s with punk/post-punk/no wave where it was so obvious that a lot of these people didn't even know how to play their instruments correctly, but it's that sense of being flawed that also gave that kind of music character and emotion. Same with metal when the budding of more extreme metal genres happened. Yes a lot of that metal has a very raw production, but it helped lent it a certain atmosphere that retrospectively really made it work out for what metal was becoming.
>>
>>65168464
thanks desu <3
>>
>>65168151
>>65168154
very helpful thanks
>>
Listen to it at midnight when moonlight is coming into your room with no lights on, and lay on your bed prepared for feels
>>
>>65169531
this is oddly specific, but i can definitely how it would boost the feels
>>
File: sf.jpg (43 KB, 560x554) Image search: [Google]
sf.jpg
43 KB, 560x554
chocolate girl has some of the best anco lyrics
>>
>>65168154
Bat You'll Fly is the GOAT. Fuck. When will people realize this.
>>
This is my favorite album. I recommend reading up on it on Wikipedia, idk if im weird but i find everything about it so interesting. It basically has the ability to destroy you emotionally if you are in the right mood and all that.
>>
>>65170700
nice dubs. OP here, I definitely like reading up on albums and stuff and I'm definitely interested in anything that could "destroy me" emotionally.
>>
>>65168228
Originally it was going to be that but avey was so impressed with panda's drumming that he gave him more credit
>>
I can barely hear or understand the lyrics. Are they important?
>>
Alvin Row is the GOAT what are all you niggers smoking
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.