[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is /mu/ not praising this album but instead rather praise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 1000x1000
How is /mu/ not praising this album but instead rather praise Sgt Pepper And Pet Sounds?
White Light/White Heat is much better then those two albums.
Sister Ray alone is comparable to the likes of John Coltrane and Beethoven.
>>
SWEETLY
>>
>>65164711
we do praise it, Piero
>>
>>65164711
All three of these albums are fucking great. It's not a competition.
>>
>>65164711
Magical Mystery Tour > White Light/White Heat > Pet Sounds > Sgt. Peppers
>>
SWEETLY
>>
>>65164711
>Sister Ray alone is comparable to the likes of John Coltrane and Beethoven.

lol
>>
>>65164740
Do you shitpost this in every thread?
>>
>>65164725
I can acknowledge /mu/ likes it. But you guys seem to always move it aside compared to their debut.
>>
>>65164794
/mu/ tends to praise their debut because it's more widely cited as an influence and it's a lot more accessible than WLWH.
Which you prefer is largely down to personal taste but there's fairly solid arguments to be made in favor of liking either of them because they're both pretty distinct from each other.
It's also pretty understandable preferring any of the other artists mentioned in the op because they all made pretty outstanding and critically acclaimed music but again, it's largely down to personal taste.
A punk rock fan is probably gonna prefer TVU to Beethoven and their experience is just as valid as a classical fan arguing the opposite. Really, arguments over which musician is better don't make as much sense on a global level because the reasoning for liking a jazz musician is usually pretty different to the reasoning for liking rock.
It makes a lot more sense trying to argue whether say Sonny Rollins is better than Coltrane because they come from the same tradition and the reasoning for liking the two is similar so you can compare them on similar qualities.
>>
>>65165059
TL:DR Versoin
"I'm a fag"
>>
>>65165268
If you say so
>>
>>65164711
Do you honestly think /mu/ praises Sgt Pepper more than WLWH? Are you retarded?
>>
>>65165295
XD
>>
File: black monk time.jpg (61 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
black monk time.jpg
61 KB, 319x319
>>65164711

ah, Beatles fans and TVU fans arguing. How cute.
>>
>>65165377
Atleast they're talking about relevant bands.
>>
>>65165377
>le patrician first proto-punkz album, bet u didn't even know about it.... ;-)
fuck off
>>
>>65165337
Your sarcastic emojis and harsh words cut deep :'(
>>
>>65164754
First time
>>
>>65165440
>>65165404

>the ones who made it popular are better!!!

fucking cancer
>>
>>65165778
That's the reason why they're popular.
>>
Ssss
>>
>>65165864
popular=better is a logical fallacy, cunt
>>
>>65165962
There's a reason nobody gives a shit about the monks compared to the velvets.
And I hope you'll see too.
>>
>>65165864

you sound like a fucking Justin Bieber fan

do you think Kenny G is the greatest jazz musician too?
>>
>>65166023
Well. They're both talented.
>>
>>65164730

I disagree and I think that the definite order is White Light/White Heat >> Pet Sounds > Sgt. Peppers
>>
>>65165377
So I listened to that last night and was expecting it to be much noisier. Pretty disappointed to be honest
>>
>>65166213
Opinions make little
>>
I really loved Black Monk Time for a long time, but recently it's been starting to wear off on me. Not enough diversity in song structures.
>>
>>65164711
>Sister Ray alone is comparable to the likes of John Coltrane and Beethoven.
One of the worst things Scaruffi believes.
>>
>>65166905
>Le Jazz Le classical is Le best Le genre Le ever
>>
>>65166979
Please try to communicate without using memes, I like TVU more than Beethoven or Coltrane, but they're not comparable
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.