[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I must say, it's truly disheartening to see so many who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: imgres-3.jpg (3 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
imgres-3.jpg
3 KB, 225x225
I must say, it's truly disheartening to see so many who don’t realize how game changing this EP is. Sure the first track, Rival Dealer, starts off like a typical Burial track with ambience and spoken word samples, but then the beats kick in and something revolutionary happens. Honestly, it’s like Burial has created some sort of new genre on this song, like “speed dubstep” or something. On “Hiders”, Burial crafts a sort of futuristic, ambient, uplifting RnB influenced style which already sounds ahead of it’s time. Then, we get to the closing track, “Come Down To Us”, a 13+ progressive musical masterpiece incorporating many atonal and atypical elements from non-Western music. There is also a continued RnB influence on this track. But don’t be deceived, this is a very challenging and experimental piece of music. Songs flow in an out in a medley of emotions and noises. Words cannot describe the magnitude of this track, which, cliché as it sounds, must be heard to be believed. This truly is the sound of the future; Burial isn’t innovating so much as he showing us a glimpse of the already established future of music.

Here's the EP, if you think you're ready for it. Be warned, this next 28 minutes will undoubtedly alter musical history as we know it and may even change the way you perceive music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd3Ch53PxBs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY0FLh2EIfs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1bb2JakOmo
>>
>muh hardcore
>muh neurofunk
>muh 80s synthpop
>muh punjabi christmas music
>muh autotune and tranny vocal samples
>mixing job sounds muddy as shit in the low end and mastered with the typical loudness war "brickwalling" compression

Now that the dust has settled, can we agree that this is by far Burial's worst release ever?
>>
10/10 EP. What the fuck is even this genre?
>>
its my least favorite burial release by far

title track is pretty good tho
>>
File: 1457753616181.png (77 KB, 625x622) Image search: [Google]
1457753616181.png
77 KB, 625x622
>>65163869
>>>>>>>>XDDDDDDDDDDDD
>>
>>65163815
It's good, but don't be a dick about it.
>>65163869
>mixing job sounds muddy as shit in the low end and mastered with the typical loudness war "brickwalling" compression
Could be an artistic choice.
>>
>>65163913
Am I being baited into saying that it should be "ベイト" instead of べいと

I got meme'd
>>
>>65163815
this is one of his best
>>
>>65163869
what the fuck does hardcore have to do with burial and wtf is neurofunk
>>
>worst burial release
>not Temple Sleeper single
>>
>>65163869
copy pasta alert
>>
>>65164126
this. There's a reason it came out on some no-name label rather than Hyperdub.
>>
>>65164319

i liked it
>>
>>65163815
Easily his worst release.
>>
Does this guy just make like 1 or 2 tracks a year?
>>
lp3 when????? does he even music anymore?
>>
>>65164828
yes it's just not in the lp format as is the norm for most producers in the dance music scene
>>
>>65163869
this is bait but I agree

but I do still love it
>>
Rival Dealer is god tier. /mu/ is just pissed that he included that tranny sample at the end.
>>
>>65163815
Never really liked that EP that much, Kindred is the best Burial EP
>>
File: Upset.jpg (134 KB, 1125x835) Image search: [Google]
Upset.jpg
134 KB, 1125x835
>>65164741

According to Goldie, Kode9, and Four Tet he actually makes a lot of music we just never get to hear it because he doesn't release it
>>
>>65164928
>According to Goldie, Kode9, and Four Tet
and these people are who exactly?
>>
>>65164928
>implying Four Tet and Burial aren't the same person.
>>
File: head.jpg (34 KB, 360x387) Image search: [Google]
head.jpg
34 KB, 360x387
>>65164944
>>
>>65164963
uh no that's just a moronic meme. Their music doesn't even sound similar.
>>
>>65164847
but he hasn't released anything at all since 2013
>>
>>65164944
are you a literal retard?
>>
>>65164976
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyanOxQdZu8
>>
>>65164944
Acclaimed drum n bass producer, Hyperdub label boss and how don't you know who Four Tet is
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.