[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where Are The Bands?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: Where Are The Bands.jpg (169 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
Where Are The Bands.jpg
169 KB, 640x640
Where Are The Bands?

Where are the Nirvana’s, Blink 182, All American Reject, Green Day, Papa Roach bands of this generation?!!! 2 Guitars and a drum! Where are they?! Not this Mumford & Sons ho-down music, or this dub step crap, where are the bands?
>>
>you don't need the Internet to become a successful musician
>2016
Solid proof Dave Grohl is still living in the 90s. To think he used to be a decent guy...
>>
Aside from the snide towards electronic music I think the core point here is actually totally on point.
>>
>>65161665
>>
>>65161665
Its 2015, not 1965.

Keep up Grandad.
>>
>Nirvana, AAR, and Green Day style bands are no longer a thing

Thank God
>>
>>65161697
It's more obvious once you realize just how narrow his knowledge of music released after the early nineties is.
>>
>>65161742
This.

Rock died in the 90s when electronic based music took over just like jazz did when rock took over in the 60s.

It still exists but then who gives a fuck.
>>
>>65161665
ITT: Retards bumping this shit thread
>>
>>65161863
Eh, I'd say rock still exists but not in the form all these dad rockers wish it were
>>
>>65161923
Yeah sure, people keep beating a dead horse, live in the now.
>>
>>65161863
Someone's never heard of jazz fusion.
>>
>>65161863
Indie is pretty big. P4k core has a lot of rock or rock based music.
>>
>>65161950
I mean from the mainstream.
>>
File: 496.jpg (60 KB, 634x600) Image search: [Google]
496.jpg
60 KB, 634x600
Wrong quote OP.
>>
is it possible that one human being could be the absolute condensed form of reddit?
>>
>>65162057
Yeah, he's called MC Ride.
>>
File: record sales.jpg (115 KB, 750x670) Image search: [Google]
record sales.jpg
115 KB, 750x670
>>65161665
>Because that’s exactly what happened with Nirvana. Just a bunch of guys that had some shitty old instruments and they got together and started playing some noisy-ass shit, and they became the biggest band in the world. That can happen again!

That's what happened with Foo Fighters. Nirvana had Cobain and insane luck. It happened at the right place, at the right time. Otherwise the band might have been forever known as an underrated grunge act.

It's easy to say this for a hack like Grohl who literally has done nothing worthy of listening in his whole career, simply riding off Nirvana's success. Just playing the same alt-rock rehashes over an over again and making platinum records only works if you're Grohl.
>>
>Where are the bands?
>>
>>65161665
>Blink 182
>All American Rejects

C'mon, those aren't real RAWK bands.
>>
>>65161665
To be fair, Mumford and Sons are absolute trash.
>>
Tbh I couldn't even imagine pop punk and all that shit being on the radio now.

With the internet the cultural zeitgeist of that one band is dead. Rock has been better in this decade than in the 00s because it's not concered with radio play. The 00s sucked for rock with a few of those radio played bands being good. Shit I'm glad post grunge, pop-punk and shit like The Fray fell to the wayside.

Rock music has become niche. And the internet was one of the besf things to happen to the genre in decades.
>>
I'd listen to Parquet Courts over Foo Fighters any day. Dave Grohl is delusional about his band's status.

Lets say they're about 2 notches above Nickelback on the dial, and Nickelback is about a 4 on that dial.

Just because no one is making a the dad rock you wanna here doesn't mean rock is dead.
>>
>>65161863
Rock as a genre still sells way way more recordings than any other genre. Especially if you include stuff like indie-rock and metal as "rock" then it's not even close. Rock is way bigger than hip hop or pop.

It's not as popular as it once was, obviously, but it's still by far what most people listen to.
>>
>>65162076
solid, underrated post right here. speak the truth, my main man
>>
>>65161981
A genre not being as mainstream doesn't mean it's dead. Metal has never been huge in the mainstream either bar a handful of exceptions but people don't generally go around pronouncing it dead. People are still making great jazz and rock albums enjoyed by a lot of people.
>>
>>65162027
holy lmao
>>
"Fuck Keith Richards and all those other dudes who survived the 60s and are now living in their Parisian mansions with their stripper girlfriends and pretend they're still gunslingers. Now Lemmy is the real deal. He's probably drinking a Jack and Coke now and working on a new album."
>>
>>65161981
>if it's not in the mainstream, it's dead!
How to spot a pleb
>>
>>65162140
>It's easy to say this for a hack like Grohl who literally has done nothing worthy of listening in his whole career,
Nirvana is not worthy of listening?
>>
Dave Grohl is almost as much of a disconnected retard dadrocker as Gene Simmons, except people give FF an aura of fake credibility not afforded to Kiss.
>>
>>65165167
>Now Lemmy is the real deal. He's probably drinking a Jack and Coke now and working on a new album.
Bit of a dated quote you got there.
>>
>>65161981
Miles Davis and Frank Zappa were mainstream.
>>
>>65165301
How is he wrong?
>>
>>65165353
Stevie Wonder and Demi Lovato were also mainstream.
>>
>>65164033
>I'd listen to Parquet Courts over Foo Fighters any day
That's the type of band he's talking about isn't it?
>Dave Grohl is delusional about his band's status.
Oh they don't sell out arenas?
>Just because no one is making a the dad rock
Parquet Courts
>>
>>65161665
the sad thing is there is literally a band down the street, anywhere, you name it, it's just no one appreciates music enough in general.
>>
>>65165526
>it's just no one appreciates music enough in general.
reminder that that is what essentially destroyed Nirvana: people who didn't appreciate music were listening to them.

It's better off this we, let the plebs have their bleepy bloops
>>
>>65165594
Pretty sure a shotgun destroyed Nirvana.
>>
>>65161665
Blink have a song out now. Pierce the Veil, Disturbed and Hatebreed currently have high charting albums out. Rock is still selling just not in the numbers it used to, then again nothing is selling like it used to.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.