[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /mu/ secretly love this album or what?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 300x300
Does /mu/ secretly love this album or what?
>>
I'm not ashamed of saying that this and currents are great albums
>>
>>65157007
Currents is alright, I guess. It's not bad if you like R&B, but I preferred the blend of psych rock and synth pop on Lonerism.
>>
>>65156960
I really really loved the second track but the rest of the album is shit
>>65157007
currents is a turd. their only solid album imo is innerspeaker and even then, it's nothing earth shatterting
>>
I like the songs on Innerspeaker better but the production on this is insane
>>65157007
Currents was ok, a lot of the songs were pretty boring compared to his other stuff though
>>
>>65156960
fun fact: the sound of Currents is based off of his gf's music taste. Kevin said the album was for her.
>>
I must be the only one who finds Currents vastly more enjoyable than Innerspeaker and Lonerism.
>>
Innerspeaker is better but yeah Tame Impala is great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iErjaKTX_3w
>>
File: rich.png (187 KB, 332x345) Image search: [Google]
rich.png
187 KB, 332x345
>>65157454
>their

People like this who dont even do a simple google search on an album just digust me. Even more so when they continue to rip on an album they obviously never researched or listened to for more than 3 minutes.
>>
File: eli what.png (139 KB, 471x347) Image search: [Google]
eli what.png
139 KB, 471x347
>>65157700
why would I be compelled to learn anything about the musical act when there is nothing compelling about the music?

>anyone who doesnt like muh poopy band obviously hasn't listened to them for more than 3 minutes

THAT'S rich buddy
>>
Tame Impala EP - 7/10
Sundown Syndrome Single - 9/10
Innerspeaker - 8/10
Lonerism - 7/10
Currents - 6/10
>>
File: folder.jpg (109 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
109 KB, 800x800
this was better
>>
Are you idiots retarded or something?

Currents was a 7/10 minimum. Did any of you actually listen to it or were you too busy touching yourself because you said a popular album was bad?
>>
>>65158391
Some songs on it were much higher than 7/10, but it was inconsistent.

Past Life and Yes I'm Changing aren't that great.
>>
>>65158437
Totally agree, I'm not saying it's super consistent or anything, but a majoritybif the tracks were catchy and pretty interesting synth work which I thought was appreciated here
>>
>tfw currents is their best
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_opF2Dn6Fk4
>>
>>65156960
great album -- dissenting opinions are contrarian for the sake of it
>>
Kevs a good producer
But it has some bland ass songs
>>
>>65156960
>secretly
>>
>>65159280
cant talk about tame impala without a shit thread
>>
Hey, I know this is unrelated but I can't remember the name of the /mu/ tracker. I even googled "mu tracker" and it didn't come up. I just haven't used it in a long time because you can't do peer-to-peer with college internet. Please respond and thank you.
>>
>>65161201
Never mind. I found it and now apparently it's gone.
>>
>>65161145
I wonder why a thread about a band always turns to shit? Wonder if its the shitty fans? Wonder what attracts those shitty fans? Oh, yeah, shitty un-inspired over produced rock ballads attract shitty people.
>>
>>65156960
Here's the thing, paleo. If an album gets talked about for this long, it's a good album.
Actual bad albums are forgotten pretty quickly.
>>
>>65161369
>Actual bad albums are forgotten pretty quickly.

Comedy gold.
>>
>>65157637
DAE??? XDD
>>
>>65158241
You're the first person I've found who actually fucking knows sundown syndrome. Imo it's their best song and a 10/10
>>
>>65163240
it sounds like stereolab
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.