[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm trying to get F#A# on vinyl but all I can find on Discogs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 700x715) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 700x715
I'm trying to get F#A# on vinyl but all I can find on Discogs is this version that's only 34 minutes

where can I find an LP of how the vinyl originally issued? forgive me if this is a nublet question I'm new to record collecting
>>
It wasn't originally. It came well into CD's domain and well before it became a fad to collect vinyl.
>>
that's the vinyl version
the cd version is longer
that's just how it is
>>
The 34 min version is the original vinyl pressing. Godspeed re-recorded FAI for the CD release with way more content.
>>
>>65146858
>>65146848
>>65146874
damn, also thanks for not shitposting

so what is the original issue like? that's a lot of music chopped off with only a 34 minute running time

and was it ever reissued with the original length? if so that'd be the issue i'm
looking for
>>
>>65146874
In short, there's no official pressing of the version you're most likely familiar with.
>>
>>65146885
I can upload a rip if you'd like, I have one.
>>
>>65146895
I mean am I missing out on anything by not ever hearing the original issue? I heard the album digitally at first, so the cd version is literally just more music? the LP version is not superior in any way besides the amenities inside?
>>
>>65146916
I'd appreciate that, it'd be interesting to hear how it was originally

so were there any unofficial pressings with the CD length?
>>
>>65146885
There's a locked groove that's sort of cool
Vinyl is apparently missing the hidden track and "methany" in providence and that's about it
This is just based on Wikipedia I don't actually own the vinyl version
>>
>>65146923
there's some things that were rearranged for the cd version, and the vinyl version ends with a locked groove so it actually plays forever which is a fun little gimmick

but yeah besides that it's got a lot more content on the cd version
>>
>>65146923
The original version is the 34 min vinyl pressing. The version that you know and love is the longer CD/digital version. Unless you want to hear a different recording/performance of some of the same songs, the CD version is superior.

Here's the two vinyl tracks:
https://mega.nz/#F!RMgmHa5I!XXHsJidOx8iXwlPgq1JFZw
>>
>>65146938
Not that I know of, but that would be a cool bootleg.
>>
File: image.png (132 KB, 399x287) Image search: [Google]
image.png
132 KB, 399x287
>>65146993
damn, how much would it cost to idk get one made? again vinyl nublet here
>>
>>65147057
Most pressing plants only press in bulk, so you'd need to get a lot of people on board to recoup the cost. Also, Constellation might not be cool with a commercial publishing of a recording they own.
>>
File: gybeuo.png (578 KB, 1252x827) Image search: [Google]
gybeuo.png
578 KB, 1252x827
You can get the complete album in vinyl on Urban Outfitters

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=28502946&category=SEARCH+RESULTS
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3000x2491) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3000x2491
>>65148277

wtf UO actually sells good albums?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.