[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where did it go wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
Where did it go wrong?
>>
Adam Sandler
>>
Josh Homme unfortunately (even though Humbug is their best)
>>
Click
>>
>>65128754
Yes this
>>
>>65128754
>he thinks that arctic monkeys have half the talent that Josh Homme has
>>
>2006
>Alex Turner writes songs about going out with the lads, with some flourishes that suggest he could one day be a great lyricist.

>2014
>Alex Turner still writes songs about going out with the lads
>>
>>65128849
ive never seen a better description for this band
>>
"Cocaine is a destroyer of talent" - 24 Hour Party People

It's true. It also ruined The Clash, The Stone Roses and Oasis.
>>
>>65128954
Nothing ruined Oasis, they were already shit
>>
Am I the only one that liked Suck It and See?

Obviously

FWN = WPSIA > Humbug > SIAS > AM
>>
>>65128954
Say that to David Bowie
Wait..
>>
>>65129010
t. Damon
>>
>>65129067
>Am I the only one that liked Suck It and See?

I think there might be two of you. There was that guy who said Suck it and See was his favourite Arctic Monkeys album, but I suspect he might have been lying.
>>
>>65129067
FWN isn't as good as WPS, it has some great tracks but WPS is much more consistent
>>
They lost all their vitality after their first two albums to be honest, yeah Alex Turner's lyrics were really good but when the instrumentation lost the sharpness I completely lost interest, it was the combination of the high energy and lyrics that turned me onto them in the first place

Plus some of the lyrics on the later stuff is fucking cringeworthy
>I wanna be your vacuum cleaner
>Breathe in your dust

>You're rarer than a can of dandelion and burdock.
>And those other girls are just postmix lemonade

Really?
>>
>>65129010
Their first two albums had some great songs. Agree about their stuff after though.
>>
>>65129534
The vacuum cleaner one isn't cringeworthy and its from a john cooper clarke poem
>>
>>65129067
It was alright, had some really good songs on there like Reckless Serenade and Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair. I kinda felt like they were trying to sound like The Stone Roses in parts.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.