[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Bends > Ok Computer Both are great don't get me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 81cpVFGmRfL._SL1437_.jpg (301 KB, 1437x1437) Image search: [Google]
81cpVFGmRfL._SL1437_.jpg
301 KB, 1437x1437
The Bends > Ok Computer

Both are great don't get me wrong, but The Bends is more like an experience, while OKC is rather like a compilation of songs

[spoiler]Yes I know that that's Kid A, but I got your attention didn't it?
>>
>>65128527
>while OKC is rather like a compilation of songs
All of their albums are literally compilations of songs.
>>
I will say that Planet Telex is definitely a better opener than Airbag.
>>
>>65128557
Yeah, but The Bends and Kid A all fieel like one, 1-hour long song, while their other albums, while still grate, resemble a shuffled playlist.
>>
The Bends is like trash compared to the rest of their catalogue tho
>>
probably tylo be chillin
>>
>>65128592
Not really.
>>
I think the cohesion in most Radiohead albums comes more from mood and, albeit loosely, concept than genre. The Bends sounds more like a whole because it's a set of good , feelsy rock songs but the cohesion in OKC comes from conveying the unease and paranoia of living at the turn of the millennium. The songs are different but its the mood and loose concept that ties them together.
>>
>>65128527
The Bends is legitimately the most overrated album of all time. The fact that it's listed alongside OKC and Kid A as one of their best is laughable.
>>
>>65129781
I'm curious, why do you think this?
>>
>>65129781

I think it's their most critically overrated as well. It's a damn fine album for what it is but it's no 10/10, 5 star affair. I'd say an 8 is fair, the strength of the songs deserve that much credit, but for the life of me I don't understand how it attained the classic status that it did.
>>
I'm not doing this to instigate anything, but I genuinely didn't like The Bends at all.
>>
>>65129902

That's fair - at the end of the day it's essentially a more mature Pablo Honey with a slightly spacey ambience and better guitar textures.
>>
>>65129820
It's about half filler, and what I'd consider good on the album is still nowhere near great.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.