[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What will music be like 300 years from now?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: wallpaper-2303427.jpg (236 KB, 2000x1411) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper-2303427.jpg
236 KB, 2000x1411
> I am curious /mu/
>>
Take the current trends and extrapolate them, expand them, water them down - that gives you the next 15 years of music.
Beyond that, I don't know.
>>
>>65115644
That's grim senpai. I hope we evolve our ways of making music in the near future.
>>
same old sine waves will be used
>>
>>65115701
>sine waves
What?? Explain yourself.
>>
>>65115594
Like Vaporwave but better
>>
We'll all be dead

But probably like Amnesia Scanner - Angels Rig Hook but maybe even weirder
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqcPSbkS9TQ
>>
We're talking about 300 goddamn years, man. You can't fucking tell what's gonna be made. A person during the 1700s wouldn't predict EDM, right?

It'll be so crazy you won't know how to feel. The people that are saying it'll be the same ITT are just uncreative, when tech is advancing so fucking fast new forms/paths will open up in a way
>>
>>65116409
I'm just curious senpai. It's something to think about.
>>
>>65115594
I'll be illegal in Eurabia.
>>
Mahmoud Awad
>>
popular music will be single tones in 300 years.
>>
>>65116824
>in 300 years we'll all be beaming ryoji ikeda into our brains
patrician as fuck.
>>
maybe we will learn how vibrations affect the body at a much more scientific and deep level

so a lot of music will stir our bodies in such ways that fit the situation and are engineered to make us feel good
>>
>>65116895
that sounds gay
>>
there'll still be singing
>>
>>65115970
Eleh
>>
See: Vulnicura and Blackstar
>>
>>65116398
truly the jam of a lifetime
>>
>>65116960
That's what everyone says when they hear your voice
>>
with the way that virtual reality tech is evolving, in three hundred years we will probably be living inside the internet.. so with that said, i imagine that music will begin to be released with some visual art experience that accompanies it. sort of like a music video that you could actually be inside of.

imagine that with something like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZ8S1HSeakc
>>
>>65116895
It won't really be sine waves that we hear through our eardrums but sensations that we sense and percieve emotionally whilst our brains float in jars
>>
4D Music
>>
File: 1464051451201.png (36 KB, 872x625) Image search: [Google]
1464051451201.png
36 KB, 872x625
In 300 years, power metal will have conquered all of human culture, being the only legal form of music as well as the only surviving religion (except in Canada, where hockey is the main religion).
>>
shit
>>
fast chopped up (new)memes in a single tone
>>
it'll either be even more formulaic or just won't exist

that's what stemfags want, and those robots are gonna get it
>>
Bach, Beethoven and Palestrina will still be the same. They're lasted for 300 years already, no reason they wont last another 300
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.