[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Make the best argument for why I should start listening to Drake
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Drake.png (598 KB, 842x542) Image search: [Google]
Drake.png
598 KB, 842x542
Make the best argument for why I should start listening to Drake
>>
Thank Me Later, Take Care, NWTS and IYRTITL are all great albums.
>>
>>65110720
people other than your own mother might like you
>>
>>65110720
So your normie friends won't slaughter you
>>
i don't know why you would. i've literally never heard a drake track and i don't feel like i'm missing out on anything at all.

>inb4 lel you've never been to a party
we don't all live in the US
>>
>>65110793
imohoh if you talk about drake you're more likely to get ridiculed for accepting drake than if you trash him
>>
>>65110720
like what's the best individual song you can think of.
>>
>>65110805
This is an impressive level of autism.
>>
>>65110720
ok from what I can tell so far he has a bunch of good ones, but there is a lot of shit and also artistic decisions I disagree with
>>
every artist deserves a shot. Can't really hate them without listening
>>
>>65110793 what if I have no friends?
>>
>>65110805
swede here, can confirm that Drake gets played at least once at every party I go to. you may just be an autist senpai
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 1000x1000
>>65110720
>>
Take Care is his magnum opus, and he will not top it. Although Thank Me Later was an adequate debut, Thank Me Later truly set Drake on his path towards his super stardom he has now. While Kanye had just released MBDTF in 2010 which was grandiose in scale and production, Drake and 40 crafted a more intimate record while still maintaining fully fleshed out production (I'm comparing the two albums because they were both successful albums of their respective years, and they both had a large impact on popular music after their release).

Drake and 40 were at the top of their game for this album. Drake's lyrics haven't yet felt more genuine and his singing more sincere since this record. 40 has continued to be a fantastic producer (one part of NWTS that equals Take Care, imo), but the entire atmosphere created throughout the entire album is amazing. On top of that, the record boasts some of his best guest appearances like Kendrick Lamar's great interlude after Marvin's Room, Stevie Wonder on the harmonica in Doing it Wrong, Rick Ross' verse on Lord Knows, the Jamie XX sample for Take Care, and the guest appearances by The Weeknd, which helped launch his career as well.

NWTS was Drake and 40 trying to replicate the formula of Tak Care, while being bigger and more "badass". While the mostly succeeded, it's derivative and quite obvious about it, which makes its impact less. IYRTITL was an attempt to launch a mixtape as a record to get out of his Young Money contract, and while nothing spectacular was on the album, it was easily the most accessible which led to normies latching on to garbage like Energy and making it successful. Since then Drake has been riding the wave of popularity instead of paving the way forward. To deny he has any redeemable music now would be foolish, but to believe he's creating it and caring like he used to too is as well. From now on he will make pop music for pop music consumers.

Enjoy Take Care OP, it's really fucking good.
>>
He's a black man and they wuz kingz n shiet.
>>
>>65114024
Alright man you seem like you know your shit.
>>
>>65110805
I don't think you've ever ben to a party. Drake is worldwide.
>>
File: 1448956227459.gif (646 KB, 512x481) Image search: [Google]
1448956227459.gif
646 KB, 512x481
>>65114580
>>65110933
>>65110805
im sorry guys i just dont know what to tell you
>>
Take Care and NWTS combined with all of drakes random unofficial singles are him at his best, definitely deserves a listen. if you're not into it, you're not into it. drake is one of my fav's though and theres a reason why hes so popular
>>
>>65110720
you might like it
>>
He's a Poc, duh fuckhead.
>>
there isn't any incentive
you might like it, you might not. It's not like there's pressure to listen to his music, especially here...
>>
>>65114024
There's a lot of good stuff on IYRTITL

10 Bands
Know Yourself
Star67
Now and Forever
You and the 6
Jungle
6PM in New York
>>
>>65110769
>IYRTITL is a good album
ftfy
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.