[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw my one redeeming factor is I have god tier taste in music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 229x221) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 229x221
>tfw my one redeeming factor is I have god tier taste in music
>>
>>65104886
same now lets kill ourselves
>>
tfw don't even have that
>>
>>65104886
I fucking doubt that.
>>
>>65104894
/thread
>>
taste is completely subjective kys
>>
>>65104906
Not really
>>
>>65104886
tfw that fails to make you at all redeemable
>>
>>65104886
If you are gonna make a claim like that, post your taste then.
>>
>>65104886
cool blog OP
>>
>>65106681
this

listening to /mu/core doesn't make your taste good you fucking pleb newshit
>>
>>65104906
you know what proves this wrong? the existence of deejays. a good deejay will play shit in a certain order that makes sense to a majority of a crowd, and people could collectively discern the quality of the music being played.
>>
>>65107838
crap logic mate
>>
>>65107852
well then start with semantics. what is taste, as opposed to good taste?
>>
>>65107904
what you smoking
>>
>>65107904
>>65107838
The thing is that DJs don't necessarily play songs that are their taste. They just have knowledge and an understanding of how songs flow into each other. You don't need taste for that.
>>
>>65107973
you do if you want to have a crowd that has eclectic sensibilities.

/mu/ mistakes deep things that people don't understand for things that are always good. in reality, how you know something is really good is if it reaches across genre, across background. if it has a cultural impact on fans and artists alike.

This is why people like Four Tet have successful radio shows. they have impeccable taste.
>>
>>65108144
>they have impeccable taste
Or they have accessible taste.
>>
>>65108174
but they really don't. that's what makes them good dj's. that's the point. they get people to recontextualize what they believe to be good by surrounding it with deeper stuff they haven't heard.

just because dj's prove fantastic taste isn't subjective doesn't mean other things can't prove that as well. but then again, i'm on a board that pisses and moans about the popularity of swans or radiohead as opposed to natural snow buildings or nadja, so taste is an invalid argument here.
>>
>>65104886
So you have no redeeming qualities?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.