[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
i need to convince my friend that listening to compilations and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: 1459471697441s.jpg (3 KB, 125x117) Image search: [Google]
1459471697441s.jpg
3 KB, 125x117
i need to convince my friend that listening to compilations and live albums instead of studio albums is retarded. He only listened to a VU live album until i forced him to listen to VU&N.
Now when he's getting into radiohead he only listens to a compilation album and live album.
What do?
>>
>>65103865
alot of my fav songs are from compliations, as a producer thats how you fine good gems to sample also
>>
>>65103865
>listening to compilations and live albums instead of studio albums is retarded
why
>i need to convince my friend
why
>>
why do you care?
>>
>>65103865
If you think that's cringe, my roomate has listened this live album over and over for months.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h0B7Z3JERdk
>>
Nothing wrong with live albums and compilations, lots of songs have been performed better live than in the studio and lots of genres are easier to get into by compilations.
>>
>>65103912
You're missing out on a big part of the artist's vision if you don't listen to studio albums since albums are compositions as well, also you missing out on the songs that don't appear on compilations or live albums
>>
>muh studio albums are the only way to listen to music
t. rockist
>>
>>65103961
yes but only listening to them gives you a very narrow and inconclusive experience of the music
>>
It's retarded to only listen to studio albums and dismiss live and compilation albums.
Now get out and never come back
>>
>>65103975
>a big part of the artist's vision i
>all artists care a fuck ton about albums as a format
>>
>>65103865
It odd that he didn't take the traditional route of listen to a few regular albums and some greatest hits albums, before getting sick of normie style and wanting the raw live act.

This thread does sound like bait but you should find as many studio albums of what he listens to and IF they are much better than the live stuff, tell him so and get him to listen to at least one with you.

Live performance (I've done a bit of unpaid amateur guitar and vocals) can be great if you do all your practice and then do it a few more times. Often it is full of flaws and not nearly as good as a well crafted studio track. Assuming you paid the sound engineers.
>>
>>65104016
nice strawman
>>
>>65104034
he's just too lazy to find the studio albums and listen to those albums because they're already on his phone
>>
>>65104019
no but it's still a part of the musical experience, don't try to argue against something this basic
>>
>>65104049
Elaborate? Because I don't see any strawman argument on there
>>
>>65104067
Lol! Then I guess he's set in his ways. Would he ride in the car with you and let you play a full album (from a CD or iPod, etc.?) How about listening to a genuine vinyl on a record player at your house/his house?

Is he really opposed to retro styles of listening to music?

If so you should let him be and get busy doing your thing. He doesn't sound worth the effort if he won't even give it a listen.
>>
>>65104123
your post implied that i said that listening to compilations and live albums is retarded.
what i really said is that listening to ONLY live albums and compilations is retarded
>>
>>65104197
he actually bought a live album on vinyl and he's still interested in buying and appreciating music, he just shows lazy disinclination to listening to studio albums even though i know it would be rewarding for him. Oh well he's enjoying himself atleast
>>
>>65104205
Fair enough, I agree with you, but that wasn't really a strawman argument.
>>
>>65104265
not really but still a half-assed attempt at making me look stupid
>>
>>65104095
> it's still a part of the musical experience,
A truism that doesn't entail the point you have been making.
>>
>>65104303
what i'm trying to say is that he's missing an important part of the musical acts he enjoy because he's simply too lazy to find a place to listen to the studio albums
>>
>>65104261
Seriously though, don't underestimate road trip boredom.

You and him need to take a trip to somewhere that is 8 or more hours away and tell him you will pay for gas if he agrees to let you play studio albums the whole way.

This assumes he's up for it and you guys have a decent amount of vacation money.

You can also take smaller trips in your local area that add up to two hours or so. Go see a live show somewhere and play a studio track on the way there and one on the way back. Pick some "deep cuts" (songs the radio will not usually play but are great still) if you don't have time for the full album.
>>
It's time we move away from the LP format. I'm glad your friend is challenging this antiquated norm
>>
>>65104429
i could try that, thanks for the suggestion
>>
>>65104336
Maybe that's true but live albums aren't inherently worse than studio albums. On average, they probably are but if he truly enjoys them just let him.

You've brought up the subject of studio albums and he's rejected the notion. Leave it be. You just sound like an obnoxious friend, to be honest.
>>
>>65104704
well i'd let it be if he said he didn't want to, but thing is that he's too lazy to do it. But i've already brought it up enough and i probably won't mention it again
>>
File: dead_grande.jpg (45 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
dead_grande.jpg
45 KB, 600x600
>live albums are bad

But that's wrong
>>
>>65104827
I DIDN'T SAY THAT
LEARN TO READ
I SAID THAT ONLY LISTENING TO LIVE ALBUMS AND COMPILATION ALBUMS IS A BAD WAY OF EXPERIENCING THE ARTIST'S WORK
>>
>>65104849
interesting outburst. Based on that and the fact that you seem to be extremely bothered by the fact that your friend isn't listening to music "the right way" I have to conclude that you are severely autistic.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.