[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's time to settle this once and for all. Which one is better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: slinttalk.jpg (463 KB, 3000x1500) Image search: [Google]
slinttalk.jpg
463 KB, 3000x1500
It's time to settle this once and for all.
Which one is better?
>>
Laughing Stock but it's very close.

Both are part of a very special group of albums, along with spirit of eden, soundtracks for the blind, and f#a#∞
>>
Laughing Stock
>>
They're too different to compare. Laughing Stock has better production and instrumentation but it shares no common themes with Spiderland.

White Laughing Stock is the better sounding album I'd have to pick Spiderland because it's more meaningful to me personally.
>>
Spiderland. Both are two of the greatest albums of all time but Spiderland also happens to be the greatest of all time.
>>
>>65099729
New Grass is on Laughing Stock so that wins automatically.
>>
Laughing Stock is much better imo
>>
>>65099768
>>65099785
>>65100057
>>65100147
So much incorrect in one thread. It's sad really
>>
>spiderland vs. awful smooth jazz
>>
>>65100154
The only way in which Spiderland can be considered better is if you connect to its atmosphere, if you really feel it. And that's completely subjective how can people who don't be wrong.
>>
>>65100180
But that's not even true. Spiderland pioneered in the various extended techniques in guitars, the 12/8 15/8 switch that bands like GY!BE took heavy influence from, not to mention the concept of emphasis on non-standard time signatures in non-prog rock music was new back then.

I love both but we're comparing a 10/10 to the greatest album of all time here
>>
>>65100167
more like 4 meme adolescents of the 90´s using overdrive with cringe lyrics vs laughing stock.
>>
>>65100167
>>65100215
Stop this shit. Both are fantastic albums, period
>>
>>65100180
>>65100167
heyyy now
take it easy
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.