[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>never touch any substance for years because of sheltered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 871x920) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 871x920
>never touch any substance for years because of sheltered childhood / frightened imagination
>struggle with depression all throughout my teenage years
>eventually try pot the day I become a vicenarian and love it
>suddenly my depression is even worse when I'm sober

music for this feeling
>>
Weezer - Can't Stop Partying (ft. Lil Wayne)
>>
what the fuck is a "vicenarian" fuck outta here nigga lmao
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYdk1BsAI2M&list=RDiYdk1BsAI2M
>>
File: ehsj.jpg (13 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
ehsj.jpg
13 KB, 225x225
>>
>>65094440
there is a song off that album called Happy Birthday and it's scary
>>
Sounds like you gotta vape some more of that granddaddy purp
>>
>>65094440
so they named the anime fooly cooly after this song?
>>
D U D E W E E D L M A O
U
D
E
W
E
E
D
L
M
A
O
>>
I feel u use pot for srs anxiety honestly tim hecker is the music for that feel
>>
>>65094614
self medicating 4 lyf.

Also I find Crywank pretty good OP
>https://crywank.bandcamp.com/album/james-is-going-to-die-soon
>>
>>65094614

>have serious anxiety
>use drug that causes anxiety to treat anxiety

k

>>65094412

your brain only has so much happy juice. When you drink or smoke weed or whatever, it releases happy juice. Then when you stop you feel like shit because there is no happy juice left.

tl/dr don't do drugs
>>
>>65095721
Really never understood the anxiety thing. I get that it might cause it in other people but I have felt literally nothing of the sort.

Pretty sure alcohol doesn't release endorphins either, just depresses parts of your brain.
>>
>>65095721
that last part,

>i have no idea how serotonin works
>>
>>65095793

I was fine for YEARS smoking weed everyday. Then it started. If you use it in moderation you'll probably be okay, I didn't. I still smoke weed occasionally (not a saint) but everytime I do it's like a mini acid freakout for 20-30 minutes before I feel good

the anxiety/weed connection is not a meme, it's been established that smoking weed can make people paranoid/anxious
>>
>>65095821
he means dopamine, even though smoking weed doesn't release dopamine.
>>
>>65095904

I'm speaking from first hand experience, not quoting fucking Netflix "DAE WEED IS SAFE" documentaries

Believe what you want to believe. I know for a fact weed causes anxiety and depression, and I know a lot of people with more life experience and drug use under their belts who agree whole heartedly
>>
>>65095904
well that's even worse because at least psychedelics & weed do effect serotonin receptors
>>
>>65095958
>I know for a fact
I'm curious how since you don't seem to have even a rudimentary understanding of brain chemistry.
>>
>>65094428
A vicenarian is someone in their early twenties.
>>
>>65095958
>quoting fucking Netflix "DAE WEED IS SAFE" documentaries
>Believe what you want to believe

I agree weed can cause anxiety, and sudden cessation from chronic use can cause depression from my own experiences.
>>
>>65095866
>can
>>65095958
>causes

It CAN. It isn't a universal thing. Since we're throwing anecdotal evidence, pretty much only two people I know experience anxiety from weed, making them in the minority.

I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but acting like its always going to happen is ludicrous.

It's like thinking acid will always be a bad trip.
>>
take xanax
listen to can
>>
Weed is for teenagers, bud.

It's time to grow up.
>>
>>65095990

and you're am expert?

You are so naive that you think altering your brain chemistry with a drug to 'feel good' will have no negative effects

You are so defensive about your vice. I am 33 years old I smoked weed everyday from 16 to 29 easily. I was psychologically addicted to it. All of my friends were/are potheads. Pro pot people are so idiotic and in denial about their addiction it makes me sick

At least drunks will admit they have a problem. Potheads think it's magic or spiritual and it's ridiculous. They go to extraordinary lengths to rationalize their drug abuse and defend their drug of choice.

Why are you so offended that I am telling a kid on this board who says weed makes his depression worse to NOT SMOKE WEED

wake the fuck up man
>>
>>65096128
I don't smoke weed, I just think you should not present your experiences (of which you can't describe mechanisms of past 'happy juices') as facts. Literally every drug has side-effects, and they don't always effect every user.

>psychologically addicted
wow man that's totally like alcoholics who can die in their sleep from withdrawals.

You're just as bad as the dude weed lmao people.
>>
>>65096128
Well, either everyone who smokes any amount of marijuana and enjoyed it is addicted and is just rationalising, or you abused cannabis to the point where it negatively impacted your life, whilst other people can still use it and enjoy it without harming themselves.
>>
>>65096207

buddy I'm not the only one. I am not saying weed is more dangerous than alcohol/heroin/cocaine either

But it is harmful to mental health and this is agreed upon almost unanimously by actual doctors
>>
>>65096301
>But it is harmful to mental health and this is agreed upon almost unanimously by actual doctors

This is a really safe statement, because no one can ask you to prove an "almost unanimous" agreement among "actual" doctors.

You're free to find examples that fit your point of view and move the goalposts in regards to the "actuality" of doctors.

A somewhat clever move from someone who hasn't been very clever thus far.
>>
>>65096301
actual doctors who have no personal experience with cannabis and base their opinions on government-mandated research that flies in the face of modern science

Not to say cannabis can't be psychologically harmful, or a detriment to someones life but that is case-by-case. To say it universally worsens people's life and causes psychological harm in all users is ignorant as fuck.
>>
>>65096292

fwiw I did say if you use it in moderation you'll be fine. The thing about drug abuse is nobody sets out to fuck up their life, some people are powerless against their urges to 'get high' for whatever reason

When the OP says he's a young kid with depression and that weed makes it worse, I chime in to say he shouldn't smoke weed or do drugs and that's that

I stand by it.
>>
>>65096337

google it

>>65096342

and to believe that 'getting high' with a drug on a regular basis is healthy is not even ignorant, it's stupid
>>
>>65096301
>habitually use a substance that alters your mood and gives you euphoria for years
>waaaah now i'm sad cus i don't feel good no more
no shit sherlock.
>>
>>65096382
depends on the person, but anything has the ability to be abused
>>
>>65096382
>google it

You keep playing it safe, I see.

Okay.

It's not harmful to mental health and this is agreed upon almost unanimously by actual doctors.

Google it.
>>
>>65095904
But it does. Thats like 8th grade health class knowledge.
>>
>>65096523

I'm speaking from the heart, so don't get mad: you're just a dumbass teenage contrarian who watches Netflix weed documentaries and has probably never even had a hangover

Even Black Sabbath knows what I'm talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY6ghH8ax1I
>>
>>65096594
So now we're ad hominem, eh? That's okay.

It's safe and sound.

>Citing Black Sabbath

Ah yes, the band with two guys who did acid every single day for a year and have literally never stopped smoking weed.

These are your expert witnesses.

Speak from your mind, not your heart. Provide facts when you claim them to be true. I never fully disagreed with you, by the way. You're just hung up because I asked you to provide facts.
>>
theres a really cool song called Fucking Kill Yourself Now OP by No One Will Miss You
>>
File: image.jpg (383 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
383 KB, 900x900
>>65094412
Replica is my go-to for the hard times

Hope it gets better for you bruh, I have a friend going through the same thing
>>
>>65094461
Listening now. It's pretty fun actually, albeit a little disorienting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdybb52ejd8
>>
>>65096098
Nice pun
>>
>>65095721
thank you person who has never done drugs, dont get me wrong i dont suggest them but i dont advocate against them either. drugs have helped me and caused me problems.

just remember kids, never touch heroin ever. that shit is not a drug it is powdered evil
>>
>>65096792
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dbR2JZmlWo
>>
File: okcomputer.jpg (319 KB, 1449x1425) Image search: [Google]
okcomputer.jpg
319 KB, 1449x1425
Protip: Skip "Fitter Happier" to lower risk of suicide
>>
>>65094412
i would recommend therapy or something similar where you can work on yourself that isn't absolutely horribly expensive (like traditional therapy tends to be)

if you're still getting high try reading, not necessarily cheesy self-help books but even philosophy/fiction/etc can aid w a change in perspective

if you're not at a job that you don't hate, and you're not in college or community college, that might help as well

the weed probably isn't your problem, if you work on the depression you can probably keep smoking and will enjoy it and life in general more. used to be in a similar place when i was in high school, u can fix it
>>
>>65094428
What the fuck is a "fuck outta here nigga lmao"?
>>
>>65098886
>>65094412
also on the topic of drug use, i don't know enough about this to recommend it for everyone and some people get unbearable comedowns but taking tested actual MDMA with close friends in a calm, subdued setting helped me a lot w mood and outlook personally

also listening to cathartic - tension/release (not necessarily sad) music like Swans and Iceage and footwork was something i did a lot as well
>>
>>65098936
>>65098886
oh and start working out obviously

>>65096981
this album got me some shit

>>65096097
can is good cathartic music too
>>
>>65094412
Weed always made me extremely, irrationally depressed a few days after smoking. Burnt and stupid the days prior.

Stop lodging in your mind "my depression", or "I have depression". Find your real issues. Address them. If you can't reconcile them, accept them and find a way to move on or become something else. If it's a more mechanical problem, which it likely is to some extent, identify and find an approach to improving it. I recommend having a decent diet and mild exercise, along with a test for food allergies. Histamine is a regulatory neurotransmitter, and having your mast cells et al dumping it out all over the place for no goddamn reason, chronically, can and will yield specific problems with mood and cognition. One of which was depression, for me.

Good luck. And also, weed is a garbage drug, the action of which can be partly replicated by other compounds, but better. Shouldn't use chronically.
>>
>>65099006
this is pretty solid advice altho i personally don't agree that weed is a 'garbage drug'

also diet is more often the #1 biggest factor in depression than u would think it would be
>>
>>65095958
>>65096050
What the man is saying is that, if you use weed, or any psych really, for a long enough period of time, it has a very high chance of causing lasting anxiety/depression, not just when you're on the drug. I completely agree. I know many, many people who used to/still do smoke on a daily basis who have suffered as a result of their use. It's pretty much the main reason why I cut my own weed use down to 'when I'm drunk' (weekly at most), or when I'm on/coming down off of mdma/psychs/etc. not that those are completely safe either :S
>>
>>65095721
That is not how the brain works. You are over simplifying one of the most complicated subject matters. Sorry that you don't know as much as you thought you did. There is no conclusive evidence that weed causes anxiety, there's a relationship, but certainly not the one you are supposing
>>
>>65095958
Yeah well you may know prior addicts and drug users but I know medical practitioners, drug councillors and psychologists who seem to think otherwise. Not saying it doesn't have negative implications, but weed does not =mental health problems. Has it ever occurred to you that many people use it because they have pre existing mental health concerns?
>>
>>65099168
>There is no conclusive evidence that weed causes anxiety
THC's interaction with the cannabinoid system, as well as other research chemicals that selectively hit that pathway, has been well demonstrated to have anxiogenic effects. Anything that inhibits cyclic AMP generation tends to increase cell firing rate, as well as the inputs it leaves open. On a high level this usually leads to something felt as anxiety.

The pharmacology of weed is complex though, and it varies by strain. CBD is important, but most modern strains are bred for high THC.

There was a lot wanting in what that poster said, but weed potentiating anxiety was reasonable.
>>
>>65099267
Also, I ought to add on, the monoamines all have a fairly intertwined relationship. THC also spurs a decent release of dopamine in other parts of the brain. I don't really know enough to say exactly what branching effects this has, but I do know it influences 5-HT / norepinephrine (in the prefrontals / frontal) higher up in the chain. It takes time and resources to replenish dopamine stores, and while this process is occurring, anxiety also tends to result. There's also an upregulation of receptors over time, and free radical generation during its breakdown in the synapse.

I wish I knew what tied it all together better. This is the case with phenylethylamine and theobromine use though. Uses either TAAR1 or DAT to force release and inhibit reuptake of dopamine. Dopamine is destroyed by MAOs and autoxidation. Very little dopamine when combined with either too much or too little cAMP in certain regions, is strongly anxiogenic. We're talking mind going blank, vision going dark, and inability to break and re-establish eye contact level (at least for me). Very curious.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.