[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MADVILLAINY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (289 KB, 3000x1995) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
289 KB, 3000x1995
What makes it so great? Not that familiar with hiphop -- why is it praised so much?
>>
Because suburban white bois need something to stand for.
>>
>>65087017
Fisrts post best post
>>
>>65087017
Fuck off

>>65087000
It showcases a zany rapper doing what he does best with a zany, eclectic producer doing what he does best. It's an album of superb, near-perfect performances. It's not really "about" anything or a concept album but some of the tracks are story-oriented

If you think the two men who made this album are not talented you should probably just go listen to another genre
>>
Absolutely killer beats, absolutely killer rhymes

Enough said
>>
>>65089360
Yeah, I don't need to sit here and explain the production, but the rhymes are special and it goes under the radar for some people.

Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWveXdj6oZU

Explains a bit about Rakim's rhyming and MF Doom is a terrific example they use to show how far hip hop has come since the former changed the game.
>>
>>65090008
that video belongs in a cringe thread
>>
>>65087000
Madvillainy is extremely overrated.

Listen to Food or Black Bastards if you want to see his prime material.
>>
>>65090008
Wow, love that video. Guess I'll have to check out some music. Thanks
>>
>>65090960
Yeah, just like shitposting is good music discussion...
>>
>>65090960
Why? It's accurate to the process of creating lyrically dense music, which at this point is the only thing that can make it respectable to any genre outside of rap, as it is arguably the most lyric centered genre. Whatever though, that's just my autism speaking isn't it.
>>
>>65090008
>motive
Jesus fucking christ I stopped watching there. Getting two similar words confused is understandable, but if you pronounce motive in any way like motif, you are retarded.
>>
>>65091479
That's a valid alternative word for it you autistic dunce.
>>
>>65091518
not it isnt. and im not an autistic dunce.
>>
>>65091566
you are an autistic dunce and i suggest buying a dictionary
>>
>>65091566
Okay, keep acting like a recalcitrant child just to rile me up then. http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/motive
>>
>>65091635
Must be a limey thing
>>
>>65091670
;)
>>
>>65091635
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motif_(music)
>In music, a motif About this sound (pronunciation) (helpĀ·info) or motive is a short musical idea...

Quit being an autistic dunce.
>>
>>65091687
>or motive
>or MOTIVE

okay, no more taking the b8, m8
>>
>>65091751
Nobody, and mean NOBODY, uses motive like that, at least on this side of the pond. Also, vox is clickbait cuck garbage so i wanted to catch them on something.
>>
>>65091345
it's cringe cause breaking down rhyme schemes like that is the exact same autistic thing i did in high school and I hate myself
>>
>>65087000
because the supermotherfucking villain gripped the mic with an iron hand and put other mc's from the fire on to the frying pan.
>>
>>65091976
How else are you supposed to study hip hop music? Or is hip hop music not "worth" studying?

The target audience is r/hhh people so it may come off as cheesy but its a good video
>>
The production.
>>
>>65092672
>Or is hip hop music not "worth" studying
when was this every implied
>>
hip-hop isn't music
>>
The villain been spittin enough lightnin
>>
>>65087000
listen to it more
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.