[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: albums where every song is great on its own, but the record
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (179 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
179 KB, 1440x1080
ITT: albums where every song is great on its own, but the record itself is just WAY too long for its own good and you end up getting really tired by the end
>>
i think you might be confusing the two
mantra is not good on its own but its good with the album
>>
>>65079258
heavily disagree
I think it stands up really well on its own
>>
File: La Sexorcisto.jpg (248 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
La Sexorcisto.jpg
248 KB, 1000x1000
>>65079241
>>
>>65079241
Lemmie guess, you like lots of explosions and CGI in your cinema don't you?
>>
>>65079286
but its literally nothing but some spooky noises
>>
>>65079301
exactly
>>
>>65079319
well i guess i cant argue that
>>
>>65079294
No, but I'm also not a fan of monotony

I'm not saying that long albums can't be good, hell, Soundtracks for the Blind is tied for my #1 of all time.

BUT, I do think you can have bands that don't understand that their kind of music just isn't fit for an hour and a half of listening, and still be enthralling and varied.
>>
>>65079294
>>65079380
Sorry, that last sentence was weirdly phrased. Lemme try again.

Some artists write music that just doesn't remain engaging when you put it in the context of a long LP. At that, there are some kinds of music that have the potential to fit into long LPs, but the artist doesn't construct the tracklisting well enough.
>>
>>65079479
>aphex twin
>>
Their sound and style doesn't change much throughout. Some songs feel just the same as the one before. And they play in E or D 90% of the time. This album is tiring.
>>
>>65079292
wat

Great from beginning to end. Leagues better than the shit he's putting out nowadays
>>
>>65079639
Did you forget to upload image, or were you talking about Lateralus?
>>
>>65079241
I love Tool but I never listened to a full album at once. That's just fucking stupid. Every song is about ~8 minutes, why would you listen to it a once? Every song is a journey enough.
>>
>>65080116
10,000 Days is pretty great for straight-listening. It's weird though, you have to be in a very specific mindset
>>
>>65080116
>these people are on /mu/
>>
>>65079241
Painting With by Animal Collective.
>>
>>65080116
Because you're on acid
>>
>>65080487
>>65080365
>>65080163
Minus the pretentious fans and all the "DUUUDDEEE WEEEED LMAO" shit

it's great music
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.