[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this band have any redeeming qualities at all?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Unknown-7.jpg (11 KB, 226x223) Image search: [Google]
Unknown-7.jpg
11 KB, 226x223
Does this band have any redeeming qualities at all?
>>
>>65069176
Oasis is so much better if you are taking about Britpop.
But The Great Escape is a pretty decent album
>>
No, not at all. Jk what band?
>>
Listening to them makes all other music in existence sound better by comparison.
>>
>>65069176
montie doesn't like them
>>
>>65069191
>But The Great Escape is a pretty decent album
Decent, but easily the worst of their Britpop albums. Their later more experimental stuff is the best.

Not surprised though, given your shit taste.
>>
>>65069191
bait.

Think tank and 13 rapes any oasis meme record.
>>
>>65069236
Their later stuff is not Britpop though. Blur has for sure had a better post-2000 life than Oasis ever could have hoped to have.

>>65069241
Think Tank is not a Britpop album. It is a art rock album
>>
I think they're a nice pop band. Cute and catchy is what comes to mind if I think about them.nothung special but I do enjoy their music
>>
>>65069176
It has Damon Albarn.
>>
>>65069286
The thread isn't about britpop though you kinda made it sound like that.
Also 13 arguably, isn't a britpop album either.
>art rock
I swear to god...
>>
>>65069176
their bassist is hot
>>
think tank and 13 are okay, I guess
>>
>>65069347
Have you tried his cheese
>>
>>65069362
I have not.
>>
>>65069191
>Oasis is so much better if you are taking about Britpop.
>debut is a solid in-your-face indie rock album inspired by a whole range classic british rock acts and marred by piss poor production
>second album is a better, more varied and accessible alt rock/pop rock album with heavy Beatles, 70s glam rock, and 60s psychadelic influences and much better production but almost unlistenably loud mastering
>everything after that is just a poor rehash at doing the above with Liam's voice gone to absolute shit and Noel losing his ability to write anything half decent

Noel can certainly write a catchy hook and anthemic lyric, but Oasis were probably the single most overrated band to come out of the britpop era. Their contemporaries were much better.
>>
>>65069320
This
>>
>>65069176
Yes, you're just to young to place their albums in historical context
>>
>>65069176
They're the band you listen to if you want to get into Brit Pop but actually have good taste.
>>
they sound like a shit cardiacs

oasis sound like a shit slade and beatles

which one do you really want?
>>
>>65069176
I don't know, I tried listening to a few of their albums but it's all a blur
>>
>>65069176
Their music for one
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.