[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What post-rock does /mu/ like and why? I just found out that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: allodasudden.jpg (383 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
allodasudden.jpg
383 KB, 1000x1000
What post-rock does /mu/ like and why? I just found out that Explosions in the Sky seems to be hated here, and I'm not sure why.
>>
>>65061127
I don't hate them, haven't got around to listening to them yet.
>>
>>65061127
derivative and bland while posing as artsy for plebs
>>
>>65061297
Derivative of who? What's non-derivative and non-bland post-rock?

Do you need thirty minutes of radio static and audio of a ranting homeless man like GY!BE to be taken seriously on /mu/?
>>
>>65061338
S A V A G E
>>
If you're into Explosions you'll probably dig Mono, Caspian, This Will Destroy You maybe God Is An Astronaut.
>>
How are mono and alcest live? thinking of going later this year
>>
>>65061127
Personally I like Slint, Mogwai, Talk Talk, .O.Rang, Bark Psychosis and GY!BE. Haven't listened to much more.

I don't hate Explosions in the Sky, but others do because it's generally accepted that they took a lot of the work of the bands before them and put it into an easy, marketable package. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it's easy to understand why a place like /mu/ would dislike them. For what it's worth Mogwai are pretty derivative, too, but they don't seem to get as much hate. Maybe it's simply because EITS are very popular for a post-rock band.
>>
>>65061457

Mono's solid live. I seen em this year with Shellac and they were pretty tight. Didn't play too long, fairly loud.
>>
>>65061127
you mean The Fantano Tattoo Band
>>
>>65061127
I still like them but their songs start to sound the same and they mostly feel like songs designed to be in movies or trailers.

I like Do Make Say Think, Tortoise and Mogwai.
>>
gy!be, set fire to flames, tortoise, maybe some mogwai. i definitely appreciate the ambient and sampling more than the xth wave of crescendocore.

then there's slint, talk talk, post-rock swans and cerberus shoal which i only associate with post-rock loosely as influences.
>>
hood - cold house
>>
File: pretend tapestry'd life.jpg (156 KB, 942x942) Image search: [Google]
pretend tapestry'd life.jpg
156 KB, 942x942
Only the best
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.