[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anything good about vocaloids/using vocaloids/ the genre
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9
File: giphy.gif (491 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
491 KB, 500x370
Is there anything good about vocaloids/using vocaloids/ the genre

Not talking the generic pop stuff, I know there's an underground scene and people who tweak the vocaloids. Has anything good come out of that?
>>
>>65057091
I don't know why vapor fuckers don't use that weeb shit more.
>>
File: Mikgazer_vol.1.jpg (161 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Mikgazer_vol.1.jpg
161 KB, 600x600
This is pretty good.
>>
>>65057091
probably
vocaloid is an instrument, not a genre
>>
>>65057453
Examples?
No?
Are you me?
No?
Are you here?
No?
Do you drive the same?
No?
No?
Fuck off.
>>
>>65057091
I'm not really a fan of meal but utsu-P makes some good stuff. Just look for the stuff on NND, you may find something worthwhile.
>>
I like kz
>>
>>65057315
Because vocals ruin the A E S T H E T I C
Typing that gave me physical pain.
>>
I love vocaloid. I think the lyrics can be really creative at times. Unfortunately I don't find too much good stuff but you could try 0001: A galaxy odyssey or World domination - Neru.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUGHBR-lxrU
>>
there's an archive laying around if RBT still works.
>>
>>65058062

how did vapor become so cancer
>>
>>65058332
tumblr. not even joking. as with most memes/jokes/trends that hit a mainstream media site, it was pounded into the ground and then pounded some more (like ur mum lol)
>>
i personally like the pop stuff. there's also a pretty sizable scene of people using vocaloid within more experimental genres, but i think most of the voicebanks do tend to naturally lean to synth pop but also to dream pop or even shoegaze sometimes. as mentioned the mikgazer compilation is really good, and there's a similar compilation using the vocaloid luka as well, but those both exclusively feature japanese artists i believe. there are also artists like this https://petalportmusic.bandcamp.com/album/orange that use vocaloid more as an instrument than as the focus of their work, not branding themselves as vocaloid producers and such, but those aren't quiet as common. in my mind vocaloid is a tool before its a genre, but to common listeners who dont make vocaloid music themselves its more seen as a body of work, which is a shame.
>>
>>65058486
I'm more curious on the use of vocaloids and people who use it as a tool, I just want more
>>
>>65058994
yeah the problem with using it as a means of actually making music is that you kinda need to write your vocal parts seperate of the program and then load it into the actual vocaloid program and start tweaking. its a huge pain but you sorta get into a zen with it, and seeing stuff all come together is exciting. personally i enjoy using it because i'm not super familiar/comfortable in my own voice/vocal range, and having somebody else to write songs for is a freeing experience, but it definitely varies for everybody
>>
This is literally the only song using vocaloid I enjoy. If anyone can recommend anything like that, please do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP-O0Sk8FMk
>>
opn uses it
>>
my problem with vocaloid is that a lot fo the time it just sounds the same , and the voice starts bugging the fuck out at times

i dunno, i just have a bad image of vocaloids because of these weaboo girls at my school who were IN to miku
>>
21 pilot songs by hatsune miku
>>
>>65061490
AWOOOVEMENT
>>
I like the songs Ulzzang Pistol and Ghost Data have done with vocaloids. They're good for making a quite dreamlike or unsettling mood.
>>
>>65057091
Mitchie M. is everything great about Vocaloid, OP.
>>
>>65063383
>>65062801
hey baby M why do none of you share your music anymore
>>
>>65057346
Seconded
>>
I'm interested in the development of Vocaloids for use in English-language music. There are a few good examples of that, though not many yet in my opinion.
https://soundcloud.com/nostraightanswer/parasite-feat-daina-vocaloid-original-song-almost-final-version

I'd say Gumi and Daina have the most potential in English works, since their pronunciations are fairly clear.
>>
>>65057091
yes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4HZese8wXg

here's his bandcamp
https://watashinokoko.bandcamp.com/music
>>
is vocaloid easy to learn? the tutorials looked kinda complex and hella tedious

basically i have an idea for a concept album with a vocaloid or some other synthetic voice as the main character.... its also kinda because my voice sucks
>>
>>65057091
Ey Ranma 1/2 season 1 opening was purty dope
>>
>>65065034
fucking weeb
>>
sampled music probably has done cool stuff. having a vocaloid be the vocals on a track is a gimmick and overall ruins the quality of it. milkgazer is good but would have even been better with human vocals.
>>
>>65065544
>tfw no weeb bf/gf to fuck
>>
>>65057346
3rd'd
>>
>>65057091
>You will never live in an old and cheesy but beautiful anime
Smfh senpai. Ranma 1/2 really hits me right in the feels.
>>
>>65065826
>>
>>65058332
It's coming back around.
I've always seen Vaporwave was recycling the disposable crap left all over the 80's/Early-mid 90's and doing something new with it, while also being practically 50% music 50% concept and execution like some of the early Residents Releases.
Anything that succeeds for that and/or creates an interesting atmosphere I usually enjoy.
>>
File: ハイカラレコード.jpg (204 KB, 745x744) Image search: [Google]
ハイカラレコード.jpg
204 KB, 745x744
Somebody posted Mikgazer, I think this one is pretty good too.
>>
File: cyva.jpg (15 KB, 300x282) Image search: [Google]
cyva.jpg
15 KB, 300x282
>>65064249
I feel like Cyber Diva has the best English pronunciation by far. Gumi has too much accent, and Daina is like garbly or something.

Cyber Diva has so much potential, but it seems like a lot of people use her in ways that she's not really suited (like only using the very highest notes of her range).
>>
megaupload anyone
>>
>>65067671
reference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJfL_GNREWk
>>
>>65067671
>Cyber Diva has so much potential, but it seems like a lot of people use her in ways that she's not really suited (like only using the very highest notes of her range).
I forgot about her, probably because of this. I could definitely see her getting popular in some electronic songs or albums outside the typical Vocaloid-produer style of music.
>>
>>65068470
I really want this to happen. It would be such a breath of fresh air.
>>
>>65068709
>>65068470
NO
IF IT AINT AREAL PERSON IT AINT REAL MUSIC
>>
>>65057346
>>65063699
>>65065683

can someone give a DL for this? i cant find a rip anywhere!!
thanks!~
>>
File: 1463856114674.jpg (61 KB, 666x632) Image search: [Google]
1463856114674.jpg
61 KB, 666x632
>>65069138
ELECTRONIC MUSIC IS KILL
>>
>>65057091
Well, here in japan being a Vocalo DJ gets you lots of opportunities and saves your the hazzle to deal with human vocals.
>>
>>65069408
Just found it, you are not trying hard enough.
>>
>>65069522
could you post the link then?
no point in acting higher because you can google better...
>>
>>65069593
Probably.
>>
>>65069617
nvm found it
http://www.mediafire.com/?myw4597bfd4ba4c
thanks for reassuring me that it was possible to find though.
>>
>>65069408
I think I have it with some other Mikudb stuff. Let me check.
>>
File: 無題.png (305 KB, 400x1067) Image search: [Google]
無題.png
305 KB, 400x1067
>>65057091
>tfw Reol will never get enough attention like any vocaloid.
Life is pain.
>>
>>65065034
too bad OP probably has no idea what that gif is even from and just watches vaporwave youtube videos
>>
>>65069408
If you want to get into vocaloid get exit tunes compilations and the supercell self titled album
>>
sup vocaloid experts, got any advice for a newcomer?

>>65064491
>>
File: miku pepe.png (119 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
miku pepe.png
119 KB, 600x600
>>65070436
Be sure to install the user dictionary that comes with your Vocaloid so that words sound correct when you type them in.

If you have V4 Editor for Cubase, rewire Cubase to your preferred DAW. Or use Piapro Studio as a VST if you have it.

Use [-] to extend vowel sounds to different pitches.

Do compression, EQ, reverb, etc. on the vocals in your track.
>>
Ranma woo
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.