[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
2016 thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 2016-5-21.jpg (557 KB, 840x590) Image search: [Google]
2016-5-21.jpg
557 KB, 840x590
What are your personal favorites of the year so far? What are you still looking forward to?
>>
elseq
>>
File: 454318994_365498958.jpg (51 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
454318994_365498958.jpg
51 KB, 480x480
>>65051094
I thought this was really underrated
>>
haven't listened to much, looking forward to the new Little Kid album. Hope it comes this year. plan was "early 2016" but that has already passed.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qeDr8KtWZU
>>
I've not been listening to much of this years music but I've also not enjoyed a lot of the music I have heard this year. That's mostly my fault for not putting in enough effort to find stuff I like though.
>>
>>65051116
I thought this was decent. Good but not great. I dug the sound but not much stood out in the way of individual tracks, kinda reminded me of Real Estate in that regard.
>>65051112
I've got to find the time to listen to this. Gonna need to be in the right mindset for it.
>>
Damn bitch, sure is summer in here lmfao
>>
>>65051415
Whats the album on the far left?
>>
>>65051415
That's a shame, this has been shaping up to be one of the best years for music in this decade.
>>
1. David Bowie - Blackstar
2. The Drones - Feelin Kinda Free
3. Xiu Xiu - Plays the Music of Twin Peaks
4. Anna Meredith - Varmints
5. Andrew Bird - Are You Serious
6. Parquet Courts - Human Performance
7. King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard - Nonagon Infinity
8. Sivert Hoyem - Lioness
9. And Also the Trees - Born Into the Waves
10. Cobalt - Slow Forever

>Listened to and liked but not sure where to put yet:
Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool
James Blake - The Colour in Anything
Ulaan Passerine - The Great Unwinding
Kendrick Lamar - Untitled Unmastered

Looking forward to new St. Vincent, Vampire Weekend, maybe Bjork if that happens, and same with Avalanches.
>>
Can't complain except for PJ Harvey and Kendrick, but underwhelming releases.
>>
1. David Bowie '' (either 4chan or clover doesn't like the star symbol)
2. Death Grips 'Bottomless Pit'
3. Radiohead 'A Moon Shaped Pool'

Expecting:
Mike Oldfield
Gorillaz
Perturbator
Sigur Ròs (?)
>>
>>65053778
You've only listened to those 3 albums?
>>
1. The Savage Young Taterbug - Shadow of Marlboro Man
2. Anna Högberg Attack - Anna Högberg Attack
3. Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool
4. Death Grips - Bottomless Pit
5. The Gerogerigegege - 燃えない灰 (Moenai Hai)

>>65051116
me too
>>
>>65053791
so far, yes. I usually only add music to my collection if i find it worth listening to twice a day or more.
And i don't necessarily discover music the moment it comes out.
>>
1. Xiu Xiu - Plays the music of Twin Peaks
2. Sounds of Ceres - Nostalgy for Infinity
3. Sarah Neufeld - The Ridge

(I've listened to more than this, I just dont want the 30 something albums i've listened)

Looking forward to St. Vincent mainly, because I expected her to release an album late last year, she said she was working on songs back in summer. Also Swans, maybe something by Jim O'Rourke too, dont know, there is a lot of music to listen to anyway.
>>
1. Imperial - Denzel Curry
2. Bottomless Pit - Death Grips
3. Blackstar - David Bowie
4. SLEEP CYCLE - Deakin
5. A Moon Shaped Pool - Radiohead
>>
>>65052027
Michael Formanek - The Distance
>>
Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool
Teen Suicide - It's The Big Joyous Celebration, Let's Stir the Honeypot
DG - Bottomless Pit
David Bowie - Blackstar
Modern Baseball - Holy Ghost
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.