[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this the best psychedelic album of all time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (93 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93 KB, 300x300
is this the best psychedelic album of all time?
>>
lol no
>>
>>65046354
it's scaruffi approved though
>>
No

Source: I'm currently on mushrooms

Also I'm extremely constipated but I think I finally pooped just now

Feel a lot better

Anyways, here's wonderwall
>>
>>65046383
it got a 6 senpai
>>
>>65046395
The formal perfection of their melodies reached the sublime in 1967 with two 45s: the baroque/electronic Penny Lane/Strawberry Fields Forever, released in February, an absolute masterpiece that never reached the top of the charts, the hard rocking Paperback Writer, and the childish Yellow Submarine, a mosaic full of sound gags and barroom choruses. Penny Lane represents the apex of the Manneristic style: Vaudevillian rhythm, hypnotic melody, Renaissance trumpets, folkloristic flutes and triangles. Strawberry Fields Forever is a densely-arranged psychedelic experiment (backward vocals, mellotron, harp, timpani, bongos, trumpet, cello).
>>
>>65046432
Magical Mystery Tour (1967), 6/10
>>
Yes.
>>
>>65046328
um no elseq 1-5 are
>>
>>65046524
He just does that to make the contrarian
He did something similar with Pet Sounds
>>
>>65046328

There are some great psychedelic songs on this album obviously, but there are some things I wouldn't want to hear if I was tripping

I have listened to every beatles album tripping and got more pleasure from The White Album, Sgt Peppers, Abbey Road, Revolver than this one

But Bluejay Way is probably the most acid drenched song they ever did so I'll give you that
>>
>>65047340
I've listened to this album from start to finish while tripping balls, and always had a good time.
>>
Paul is dressed as a walrus because he's FUCKIN DEAD, MAN
>>
File: 301060898_da17324ef8_b.jpg (883 KB, 1020x1024) Image search: [Google]
301060898_da17324ef8_b.jpg
883 KB, 1020x1024
I like this one more
>>
Blue Jay Way is the best psych Beatles song, perhaps only challenged by Tomorrow Never Knows.
>>
File: 81RU0qZ-nTL._SL1500_.jpg (368 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
81RU0qZ-nTL._SL1500_.jpg
368 KB, 1500x1500
>best psychedelic album of all time
>not Jimi Hendrix
kys
>>
File: image.jpg (143 KB, 525x525) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143 KB, 525x525
I love the Beatles, but I have to go with this. Acid Mothers Temple epitomize the very essence of what's psychedelic, and this record is fucking amazing.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.