[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: 1401x788-42-62436186.jpg (329 KB, 1401x788) Image search: [Google]
1401x788-42-62436186.jpg
329 KB, 1401x788
Everything under the sun is in tune, but the sun is eclipsed by the moon.
>>
*chune
>>
It wasn't necessarily his lyrics that made Roger Waters important in Pink Floyd, it was his drive and sense of direction, and his ability to point Richard Wright and David Gilmour - the two most talented men in the band that existed from 1968 through 1979 - in the right creative direction and get the most out of him. Once Roger tried to turn the band into a vehicle for his vision, that was lost. Without Roger Water's sense of direction, Richard and David just didn't know what to apply their powers to, and without Richard and David's creative input, Roger's vision was never as full as it could have been.
>>
File: 1321622106955.jpg (18 KB, 386x384) Image search: [Google]
1321622106955.jpg
18 KB, 386x384
>>65043093
>Richard and David's creative input
The main reason for Roger Waters becoming the main composer and lyricist for Pink Floyd was because no one else had any creative input.
>>
Everything under the sun is in tune. By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife.
>>
I want Roger Waters to shove his massive horsecock in the dark side of my moon
>>
File: tumblr_mwtznpPpzg1ssjii1o1_400.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mwtznpPpzg1ssjii1o1_400.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>65043347
>>
>>65043347
that's gay
>>
>>65043381
It's weird. The older Waters gets, the better looking he is.
I think he was born with an old man's face.
>>
File: fat bugs.png (12 KB, 244x333) Image search: [Google]
fat bugs.png
12 KB, 244x333
What are you guys favorite non-mainstream Pink Floyd songs?
I realise mainstream is kind of subjective but do your best.

I really like Obscured By Clouds.
>>
File: Pink_Floyd_x14_19A_1024_l.jpg (97 KB, 1280x910) Image search: [Google]
Pink_Floyd_x14_19A_1024_l.jpg
97 KB, 1280x910
>>65043425
Really? I thought he was damn attractive. Definitely better looking than the mundane David Gilmour. He looked kind of like a male Charlotte Gainsbourg in his youth.
>>
>>65043488
I really like Set The Controls For The Heart of the Sun; Careful With That Axe, Eugene; One Of These Days and Atom Heart Mother.

But Saucerful of Secrets live at Pompeii is still the best.
>>
>>65043522
I always thought Roger was the worst-looking of the group.
>>
>>65043488
I know everyone hates it but I fucking love San Tropez.
>>
>>65043093

the lyrics are really good though

>Who was born in a house full of pain
Who was trained not to spit in the fan
Who was told what to do by the man
Who was broken by trained personnel
Who was fitted with collar and chain
Who was given a pat on the back
Who was breaking away from the pack
Who was only a stranger at home
Who was ground down in the end
Who was found dead on the phone
Who was dragged down by the stone

that shit hits
>>
>>65043723
I don't have much doubt in my mind that Roger Waters is the greatest lyricist ever.

I can't really think of a lyric he's written that didn't hit me.
>>
>>65043723
You have to be trusted
By the people that you like to
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You get the chance to put the knife in.
>Maniacal laughter
>>
>>65043897
>like to
>>
>>65043488

Chidhood's End
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.