[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/vwg/ - Vaporwave General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49
File: folder.jpg (148 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
148 KB, 500x500
>new purple album coming soon
>HKE: If I had to use one word to describe the new 2814 album, it would be "intense"
>>
>>65036177
Oh great, another wave of shilling from this fucking guy.

That first record was essentially a trend-hop shilled until reddit thought it was a masterpiece. Even had the perfect pandering aspects like "muh dystopia" "muh vinyl".

Please fuck off.
>>
>>65036859
hke is a poor fool

> a poorfool
>>
>>65036177
You're a fucking cunt, HKE. Go shill on reddit.
>>
File: egg.png (16 KB, 149x149) Image search: [Google]
egg.png
16 KB, 149x149
>>65036177
>oh nice, a vaporwave general -
>2814 in op

this is pain
>>
File: folder.jpg (27 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
27 KB, 700x700
>>65036991
Not HKE, sorry.

>>65037011
I purposely used it to draw attention.
I'll refrain from that next time.

What about this one?
>>
>>65037095
>I purposely used it to draw attention.
That's sad as fuck, faggot.
>>
>>65037114
It worked on the other threads, plus /vwg/ always dies prematurily.
>>
>>65037095
This one is good, yeah
>>
File: cover.png (6 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
cover.png
6 KB, 480x480
This one's pretty good, although a bit chiptune-ish.
https://radmagma.bandcamp.com/album/one-night-in-neo-kobe
>>
File: 33.png (6 KB, 608x130) Image search: [Google]
33.png
6 KB, 608x130
>>65036177
>>65036859
>>65036945
>>65036991
>>
Are people mad that this one isn't sped-up 80s pop songs hacked together by an ugly man who thinks he is a chick?
>>
what happened to deep web?
>>
File: vaper_autism.jpg (1 MB, 1509x738) Image search: [Google]
vaper_autism.jpg
1 MB, 1509x738
>>65036177
these guy actually tried to make vaperwave record label and actually made vaperwave music videos lmfao
>>
remember when oscob left tumblr because people made fun of vaporwave
>>
>>65041215
"well senpai...."
>>
>>65041215
Remember when Oscob beefed with FrankJavCee because Frank wasn't taking it seriously?
>>
>>65041165
what is this
>>
Well, this is it senpai.

When I started this blog (postlimit.com states my blog’s birthday as 29 Jan 2012) I needed it. I was at a point in my life where I was fresh out of rehab, fresh off heroin, and fresh off of ending my engagement with my ex-fiancee.

It was that Sunday night that I was in a very dark place, I reached out to omegle chat (hey we’ve all been there) and ended up talking to a very kind and sweet girl from Australia who listened to my woes. I asked her what I should do to keep my mind occupied and fill my time, she suggested tumblr. (Unfortunately I have since forgotten her url, she is really the one to thank for the birth of oscob)

And then began my three year journey of building the oscob brand.

Since then, tumblr has brought a lot of joy into my life, I have met some fucking amazing people. People who I am lucky to have in my life right now. It’s been a place for me to share my opinions and thoughts, and to discuss and promote really the only reason I stayed on tumblr for as long as I have: Vaporwave.

And now it has reached a point where tumblr is hurting me more than helping me. All because of a fucking out of context tweet that everyone assumed I was being 100% serious about, not totally aware of the banality of it. To put in a term that we use in Alcoholics Anonymous: “It’s fucking up my serenity.”

But to be perfectly honest, this isn’t the first time tumblr woes have seeped into my real life. Which is probably a good sign that my time here is over.

I guess what is most upsetting for me is that fact that, aside from the actual fucked up things I have said on this website, the most I’m getting shamed for is the goddamn music I enjoy. I just don’t want to be apart of this anymore.
>>
Aside for one more Rez X Oscob album that will be released this year, I’m going to to change my musical identity too. I’m not sure what I’m going to do with my soundcloud, but regardless, I will follow in the footsteps of Blank Banshee and Telepath, and just be another faceless vaporwave producer. And no one beyond the people closest to me will know that it is me.

But all in all, I’m at a much better place now then I was when I started tumblr, I’m clean and sober, I’m back to furthering my education, I’ve made some friends that I hold very close to my heart, and I’m all around just a more positive and happy person. And if tumblr is taking that happiness away from me, it’s time to move on.

I’m going to leave this post up for 24 hours before I hand the account off to my close friend Rez (who will also be doing the upkeep on the DC tumblr). I will reblog it a few times. This leaves a period of time for people who are interested in keeping up with me once I leave tumblr to ask for my skype, and/or whatsapp number (please just mutuals, and followers I know who have been with me for a while).

Again, if you want to keep in touch with me after tomorrow, send me an ask or fan mail to get my contact information.

Now I know this post will be found by the people who distain me, it will be passed around, mocked, and laughed at. I don’t care anymore, let that be a testament as to why I am leaving this place.

It was fun while it lasted guys. I’m proud of the people I opened vaporwave up to, and I’m proud of the people who have thanked me for helping them on their own personal journey from drug addiction. I guess in the end that is probably the best thing to come out of this entire experience.

I’m gonna continue making vaporwave, I’m going to stay clean, and I’m going to continue living my life the way I want to.

I guess the only thing really left to say is

Please Stay Legend
>>
http://dick-fart-vagina-butt.tumblr.com/post/97339062182/lizardbirdthing-the-man-the-oscob
>>
File: obviate.png (568 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
obviate.png
568 KB, 800x800
>>65036177
Superior album
>>
DUDE HARD VAPOUR
>>
I like the vapeywaves! Haircuts for men, 猫 シ Corp, Oscob, the list goes on!
>>
>>65037095
this one has some really nice atmospheres but it's not very fleshed out
>>
>>65042066
is for people with erectile disfunction syndrome
>>
>>65042306
Yikes, those artists are all shit.
>>
File: buymilk.jpg (70 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
buymilk.jpg
70 KB, 700x700
buy milk
>>
>>65042555
Dude, let's just slow down 80's tracks without bothering to do much of anything to them, and then get someone to make some nice looking art, then sell hundreds of cassettes to these hipsters, we'll make a fortune!

https://plasticresponserecords.bandcamp.com/album/late-night-stereo
>>
>>65043410
dude, stop being jealous just cause your own bandcamp memenoise project isn't selling jackshit
>>
>>65042839
is that a reference to paranoia 1.0?
>>
I really like Hong Kong Express's s/t and "This" albums. Great downtempo music that don't become a slowed-down muzak shitshow like 99% of vaporwave.
His new album as just HKE is just boring IDM though, and he seems like a faggot based on his Twitter.
Dream Catalogue has some cool stuff, you've got to commend them for trying to breathe some new life into a stale genre. When I finish my industrial tech-house album I'm going to send it to them and see if I get a response.
>>
>>65043457
I don't even have a serious vaporwave album released yet mate, well I have a JOKE project which I actually did get bandcamp supporters and hundreds of downloads even though I took about 2 hours to make it. Also, if you like this album you are what's wrong with vaporwave fans. You know what, I'm gonna ironically make a bunch more lazy vaporwave albums like that, even lazier then the first one I made, I'll have some pretentious concept behind the album and rip off some decent art work, you'd love it.
>>
>>65043621
If you do make sure to pretend to be Ukrainian, they eat that shit up.
>>
>>65043457
Fuck off 猫 シ Corp, your music is trite lazy ass garbage.
>>
>>65043410
Yeah I think that one only sold well due to the awesome album cover and cassette layout, and the lame gimmick they gave it, it's pretty subpar vaporwave really.
>>
>>65036177
2814 isn't vaporwave idiot.
>>
>>65044078
this
>>
>dicking around with samples
>add guitar amp effects and random cut n paste trickery
>suddenly, GROOVY industrial riffs

D A M N

Wolfenstein had it all wrong. The future of vaporwave isn't 808 kicks, it's industrial metal.
>>
>>65043924
I was going to go for a neo-Soviet bootleg aesthetic
>>
>>65044222
I hope you don't mean in a hardvapour way cause that shit is tacky as fuck.
>>
>>65043882
I don't think there is really anything wrong with liking lazy music, as long as you admit that it's guilty pleasure, the people actually paying $60 for it are what's wrong with vaporwave. "Dude I have to have that lazily slowed down 80's music on cassette, and I have to have it now! Cd? Wtf is that junk, those are for old people, cassettes are cool and hip and in! Mom! Give me some money, I need it to buy things!"

https://www.discogs.com/%E7%8C%AB-Corp-Late-Night-Stereo/release/6472269
>>
>>65044302
>in a hardvapour way
I have no clue what this means
All Dream Catalogue releases have dumb aesthetics, I thought it was part of the fun
>>
>>65044344
Lmfao look at the record label that released it, they are selling it for $75 on discogs hahaha. I bet some idiot will buy it too! I gotta start my own vaporwave label soon while it still remains profitable.
>>
>>65044397
Aloe Island Posse has neat aesthetics.

And hardvapour aesthetics are basically just cheap-ass vapor aesthetics but with cyrillic letters instead of gook letters and emerald green instead of pink.
>>
>tfw you'll never go back to 2012 when vaporwave was mysterious and had a sheen of casual mysticism to it
Not h8ing on current vaporwave since it's an entirely different thing, but I really miss the old days of vaporwave, when it was just a bunch of people exploring this weird new thing, digging around the internet to find releases that didn't even have labels and being able to collective reminisce about something we never really thought about before. But at the end of the day it was still just this casual kind of silly thing that nobody took seriously even though we all appreciated it. But now it's a mix of kids centering their entire lifestyle around it while simultaneously ruining it with memes, egotistical late comers fighting over the scraps of popularity, and people like HKE who treat it so seriously because they have nothing else going on in their lives. I don't think things should go back to that since it really only made sense at the time, but I do still get a bit of sad nostalgia when I remember vaporwave still exists and that there won't ever be another music scene with that level of naive optimism again. Anyone feel me?
>>
>>65044506
I wasn't into vaporwave when it first came out but I know what you mean, nowadays there is so much lazy garbage vaporwave that get's eaten up by dumbasses, most of my favorite vaporwave albums are a few years old but I do like some new ones too.
>>
>>65044506
Ive only been listening for about a year, but the sense of wonder for me has mostly been lost since i got caught up with following artists and labels and the drama bullshit. I remember when i first dived in and i would just listen to like 5 hour vaporwave mixes and just let them flow by never remembering a single track. It really taps into a unique emotion. I still love vaporwave but its not the same
>>
>>65044506
shit like those dummy mag articles killed it
>>
What do you guys think of the new dds.wmv album? Overall I thought it was pretty good but some of it was disappointingly bland, and it's not as good as their previous albums like ITLLT or 世界大戦OLYMPICS.
>>
>>65044644
I still need to give it a few more spins. I agree its good but the concept isnt anything new.
>>
>>65044581
>and just let them flow by never remembering a single track
For sure. As someone who was "producing" (I really just consider it curating) back then, it wasn't about the artist or their abilities, but about the music itself. You could like particular artists more than others because they'd sample or treat sound in a way that might resonate with you more, but I never got the feeling that I was up on a podium expressing myself or whatever. It was like this dialogue between how I see nostalgia and the people listening to it. It was very humble for the most part, and I really respected that. Even Future Funk, which I've never liked, didn't take itself too seriously. But once HKE and that whole crew rolled it, it completely switched to just a bunch of people equally participating in this reciprocal thing to a sort of technical dick measuring contest, and the whole 'heart' of vaporwave as this equal shared experience died out. I get accused of just being a proverbial old man for it, but I really haven't listened to any vaporwave post-2014 because it just isn't able to effect me in that way anymore, while the old releases have a degree of meta nostalgia, where I'm nostalgia for the nostalgia I used to have listening to them
>>
>>65044506
I never gave a shit about vaporwave until very recently so I can't really relate to what you're saying, but I also try to stay the fuck away from all the drama between the producers because I don't want that bullshit to ruin my enjoyment of the music.

Now with that being said, I'm generally happy that some producers take that shit more seriously because it means we get some higher-quality releases from them, and less shitty millenial memes. Vaporwave is nostalgic music and I don't want to be reminded that some of the people who make it are dumb kids like me. Like how am I supposed to get immersed in the retrofuturistic VHS world if some teenage faggot is shoving his instagram selfies in my face?

So if some producers are more committed to the music than to goofing around, I think it's a good thing as long as they don't boast it and show themselves off.

Just make cool music and don't ruin the aesthetics with your stupid face.
>>
>>65044187
isn't this basically garden of delete
>>
>>65045041
Very remotely.
Garden of Delete is more like if you took a teenage metalhead's guitar pro tabs, glitched the fuck out of them and made it into an album.
Not the same approach.

But as I've already said, there's a lot more to the late 80s than TV ads for yuppies and comfy anime, there's a ton of edgy stuff that's yet to be exploited.
>>
File: VPREAL2.png (607 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
VPREAL2.png
607 KB, 1000x1000
>literally the only good vaporwave album of the last 6 months.
>>
>>65045114
I disagree
>>65037095
this has some wonderful atmosphere, even if it's literally just that
>>
>>65045163
Explain to me how that album is better than Very Private?
>>
>>65045214
better is not a requirement for good
>>
>>65045114
This album is pretty good, but for vaporwave albums that came out in the last 6 months I prefer Japanese Symbols in a City at Night by Schneekersfield, it's a true masterpiece.
>>
What are the best and worst vaporwave labels?
>>
>>65045426
>caring about labels
>not just listening to vaporwave you like.
I'd say Roundhouse Records either way.
>>
>>65044815
I blame Reddit
>>
>>65045440
No I just want some opnions. Like I have favorite labels in other genres so why not vaporwave?
>>
So i'm kinda new in this genre.
Is this really that bad that they made a memei out of this
>>
>>65045458
Because I'd rather not get bogged down in bullshit drama about each label's money-grubbing practices.

Having favorite labels isn't something to be proud of and to argue about anyway.
>>
>>65045426
Best: Beer on the rug, Orange Milk

Worst: Illuminated paths (shittiest quality cassettes ever), Dmt rec (no quality control at all, tons of shitty projects made by the label creator with no effort)
>>
>>65044078
bingo
>>
>>65045518
I'd say it is. Vaporwave is supposed to take you to a world where the internet is still a wondrous and exciting thing (or simply doesn't exist) instead of being a cesspool of shitposts and dumb memes.
So, making memes about vaporwave (at least to the extent where they get mean-spirited and are appropriated as part of 2010s culture) is a bad thing in my opinion because it breaks the immersion.
>>
>>65045518
it's a dead genre. Hasn't been relevant since 2013(around the time i left /mu/) . Just came back here so i'm not sure why there is a thread.

Oh well back to /KPG/
>>
File: aztec.png (889 KB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
aztec.png
889 KB, 854x480
>>65045611
Well k i've been listening to artzie music and triangle music these days and I tell you it's lit like positive vibes
https://youtu.be/xYQrPsyu-1s
>>
>>65045650
I've seen alot of videos on YT so no it's not dead
>>
Remember when we made a vaporwave compilation? Only the few survivors know.
>>
File: unico2_758_426_81_s_c1.jpg (47 KB, 758x426) Image search: [Google]
unico2_758_426_81_s_c1.jpg
47 KB, 758x426
Speaking of edgy shit, can I get some feedback and advice?

I've been posting some of my stuff in previous threads and got some nice returns on my prototype track but now I'm trying to make something less half-assed and lengthier.

It's basically sample-based black metal, but I don't know shit about music theory so I'm working at random.
I need to know if it's too repetitive, which riffs work, and if I should ass more samples for aesthetic purposes. I want it to be evocative and atmospheric.

http://www103.zippyshare.com/v/yYpLUXFd/file.html

thanks in advance
>>
>>65045672
oh yeah definitely
>>
So do we discuss vaportrap/UK wave here?
>>
https://soundcloud.com/terrorhythm/deadcrow-wifi-1

What genre is this senpai?
>>
>>65046006
cloud rap beats
>>
>>65046039
This stuff would sound a lot worse with some meme verses

https://soundcloud.com/terrorhythm/deadcrow-idk-1

I really wish this wavey producer shit had an actual name to it since I love it
>>
>>65046096
more seriously it's witch house leaning on vaportrap.
I fucking hate it. It tries to sound "ethereal" and shit but the DRY-ASS, overly loud trap beats completely clash with that. It's like trying to relax while some asshole is poking you in the ribs.
>>
>>65041165
Oscob is really a repugnant human being. He would have done better not to post his photos on socials.
>>
>>65041215
Yeah, what a poor jerk he is
>>
>>65041255
LMAO
>>
>>65042555
Indeed
>>
>>65045442
so much this. r/vaporwave ruined vaporwave.
>>
>>65043944
Yeah, the only good album is that ISUZU PIAZZA's album
>>
>>65044078
right
>>
https://soundcloud.com/skit/skit-moods-1

Fucking amazing, everyone needs to check this out.
>>
Do you guys want to hear a vaporwave album I made out of 80s Soviet commercials?
>>
>>65045539
Dmt rec is embarrassing, dude. One of the worst label in the history of music
>>
>>65045114
I actually agree with this guy.
>>
>>65046386
ok
>>
File: a3353077805_10.jpg (254 KB, 1200x1182) Image search: [Google]
a3353077805_10.jpg
254 KB, 1200x1182
>>65045114
Wong. This was.
>>
File: Red Dreams.jpg (657 KB, 1500x1472) Image search: [Google]
Red Dreams.jpg
657 KB, 1500x1472
>>65046402
https://d-r-o-m-e.bandcamp.com/album/red-dreams
>>
>>65046455
damn this is spooky shit
It's giving me nasty flashbacks
Very good material, eerie, very immersive and atmospheric, with a distinctive aesthetic that's not forced. Only problem is that it seems very low-effort, minimal and could use extra fleshing out.
>>
>>65046543
>Only problem is that it seems very low-effort, minimal and could use extra fleshing out.

Never gonna pretend it was. My mindset during the whole thing was trying to make something like Midnight Television-style vaporwave since that's one of my favorite styles that seems severely underrepresented; think I ended up with more of a Prism Genesis vibe.
>>
>>65046573
Yep, pretty successful. Good choice of samples.

can I get feedback on this?
>>65045849
>>
>>65045114
What album is that? I can't find the artwork on Google image search
>>
File: george1080p.jpg (183 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
george1080p.jpg
183 KB, 1920x1080
Is this literally the only guy to transcend vaporwave?
>>
>>65046620
I think the way you manipulated the samples works really well the black metal, and its somewhere halfway between sounding distant and sounding ambient, which makes it much more spaced out; which, if you're going for a more ambient sound, the repetitiveness I feel reinforces that, the way it does in black metal in general.

While I don't think the screaming adds the ambiance, it's neat how it ended up turning into just whispers.
>>
>>65046695
You mean besides Ferraro, OPN, Vektroid, and Eyeliner?
>>
>>65043410
Wow! "It's just slowing down 80s music"? Never heard of THAT argument before!
>>
>>65046719
Good reply
>>
>>65042839
This album's legit
>>
>>65046707
oh the whispers are just mp3 compression artifacts, I didn't add any vocals, and I was wondering if I should.
>>
>>65046758
It literally is though, compare the sampled tracks to the originals and you will see that it's lazy ass garbage for morons that only care about how muh aesthetics and album artwork.
>>
>>65046758
I think he's arguing for specifically that for specifically those artists, in which case he's right.

Stuff like Sacred Tapestry does way more than that, so its not like all vaporwave is like that, but a majority of it is. The fact Floral Shoppe received a physical release but not Shader is disgusting.
>>
>>65047163
aeshetics and album artwork are very important and should never be overlooked
>>
>>65047196
Exactly, there is plenty of creative and interesting vaporwave, I was referring to that one album and similar low effort releases. Florale Shoppe is actually more creative with it's sample manipulations than the majority of vaporwave albums I've heard.
>>
>>65047208
But they can't make an album good by themselves.
>>
File: Virtuazip.jpg (121 KB, 768x768) Image search: [Google]
Virtuazip.jpg
121 KB, 768x768
>>65046695
virtua.zip was some top tier shit
>>
>>65046695
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo52LCNJZGk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibua-BglH-c
>>
>>65047331
This is IDM, not vaporwave.
>>
File: hypnobutt.jpg (38 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
hypnobutt.jpg
38 KB, 700x700
>>65047247
I have a very good counter-argument to that.
>>
>>65047406
Hypnobutt is like the inverse of that.

Not even trying for an aesthetic and still having great music.
>>
>>65047424
My point is that the hypnobutt is enough to make that album great regardless of the neat music.
>>
File: dancing.gif (235 KB, 182x200) Image search: [Google]
dancing.gif
235 KB, 182x200
>>65047357
more like transcendental vaporwave
>>
>>65047406
That album cover is shit compared to the other cover for the album. And that album does have a decent enough amount of manipulation on it, considering that it is a very early vaporwave album anyway.
>>
>>65047540
>dissing the hypnobutt
Rude.
>>
File: holograms.png (58 KB, 252x191) Image search: [Google]
holograms.png
58 KB, 252x191
>>65047573
I mean it's okay, but how is this cover not way cooler?
>>
>>65047623
Well for starters, it doesn't have a firm ass with a dazzle camo high-cut bikini bottom on it.
>>
>tfw nothing will surpass eccojams
daniel could be turning out volume after volume of top tier vaporwave but no... he decides to just tease us with 30 fucking seconds of it in GoD.
>>
>people care about the drama of shitty producers
Literally the exact opposite of what the ganre is about. stop giving these shitters attention and just enjoy the music.
>>
>>65047791
bingo
>>
>>65047454
It doesn't have the aesthetic, the production style, or the sound of vaporwave.

It's Ukrainian IDM made with a casio.
>>
Iacon, christtt, Oscob, Vito and Windows 98 are all PURE SHIT.
>>
Never really feeling the genre back when it first started popping up here on /mu/, I've grown a liking to it now.

Is there an essentials pic I could use as a starting point?
I watched this "docu", and enjoyed some of the clips in it. Mostly the mall wave and classic ones.
https://youtu.be/PdpP0mXOlWM

Also, if anyone knows of anything similar to Miami Nights 1984, help a mutant out.
>>
been listening to miami vice and vector graphics a bunch lately.
>>
>>65048080
I liked No lives matter and Windows 98 seemed alright, Vito's stuff is shit though along with Oscobs, haven't bothered to listen to Iacon yet.
>>
>>65048671
Ok mate, don't listen to Iacon. It's wasted time.
>>
>>65048527
They're good
>>
>>65036177
ive been falling asleep to this each night. it makes me nostalgic about things that have never happened
>>
>>65048527
Miami Vice is one of the best in my opinion.

Would honestly group him as hypnagogic pop if it wasn't for being on Illuminated Paths.
>>
File: STHETICS.png (2 MB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
STHETICS.png
2 MB, 1200x1200
which one's your favorite?
>>
did lopatin really start this shit?
>>
>>65049162
Bottom left is least terrible.

>>65049272
He, Ferraro, and Skeleton each independently laid the foundations, and Vektroid was the popularizer.
>>
>>65049299
interdasting
>>
>>65049272
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RFunvF0mDw
This was kinda the start of vaporwave for me, that's lopatin's youtube.
>>
>>65049389
yeah I love his eccojams, just didnt know if him setting the trend was a meme or not
>>
https://dianeticsonline.bandcamp.com/album/the-bridge-to-total-freedom
>>
File: cover.jpg (1 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
1 MB, 1500x1500
https://pega.bandcamp.com/album/--7
>>
>>65045114
no lives matter by chris††† was pretty great
>>
File: cover.jpg (539 KB, 849x850) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
539 KB, 849x850
https://nanoshrine.bandcamp.com/album/c-o-o-l-e-r-c-a-t-ep
>>
>>65045849
kinda reminds me of skeleton's first album. audio quality was really low though
>>
>>65049162
They all suck :')
>>
>>65049611
It's shit
>>
https://goldenprismtechnologies.bandcamp.com/album/resort
>>
>>65045360
>apanese Symbols in a City at Night by Schneekersfield
where can i find it? Nothing shows up in google.
>>
https://dmttapes.bandcamp.com/album/2298-dmt-099
korean 2814?
>>
>>65049628
thanks, i didn't ask for your opinion on my opinion
>>
File: cover.jpg (2 MB, 5328x3000) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
2 MB, 5328x3000
https://adhesivesounds.bandcamp.com/album/on-the-horizon-2
>>
File: a1932953034_16.jpg (42 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
a1932953034_16.jpg
42 KB, 700x700
>>
>>65041215
Oscob follows my vaporwave SoundCloud lmao
>>
>>65048080
I thought "The Dream Cant Last Forever Trilogy" by Windows 98 was pretty dope
>>
>>65048398
It's basically noise and bad trap repeated over and over in an uncreative way
>>
>>65051699
well, you should be ashamed
>>
>>65049611
>kinda reminds me of skeleton's first album.
huh, that's strange, Skeleton's first album had almost no chord progression
>audio quality was really low though
sorry bout that, anything higher quality resulted in a shitload of glitches once uploaded
>>
>>65044078
this
>>
>>65049567
Pega is great. Been listening to a lot of his stuff. I wish more people used the blue/green/white "economics" type aesthetic.
>>
File: vaperwave_producer1.jpg (353 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
vaperwave_producer1.jpg
353 KB, 1536x2048
why is every vaperwave fan bloated with xenoestrogen?
>>
>>65054603
It's called "fat", you retard; it's a result of the sedentary lifestyle.
>>
File: vaperwave_producer2.jpg (156 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
vaperwave_producer2.jpg
156 KB, 1024x1365
>>
>>65054627
lol nice white socks fucking loser nerd
>>
File: vaperwave_fans.jpg (219 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
vaperwave_fans.jpg
219 KB, 1600x1067
>>65054625
>>
File: vaperwave_kid11.gif (1 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
vaperwave_kid11.gif
1 MB, 400x300
>>
Go for it

https://datadisc.bandcamp.com/album/--3
https://chinesehackers.bandcamp.com/album/-
https://ailanthusrecordings.bandcamp.com/album/--4
https://bedlamdigital.bandcamp.com/album/digital-paradise
https://dmttapes.bandcamp.com/album/american-online-dmt-050
http://music.businesscasual.biz/album/--8
https://fbiwarning.bandcamp.com/releases
https://famicomfountains.bandcamp.com/album/--3
https://dotcompassion.bandcamp.com/album/here-again
https://simplem.bandcamp.com/album/beta-program
http://thehumanboxproject.bandcamp.com/album/--3
https://adhesivesounds.bandcamp.com/album/telenights
https://scei.bandcamp.com/album/thank-you
https://fatcatinc.bandcamp.com/releases
https://welcomebeautysounds.bandcamp.com/album/carly
https://ultrawav.bandcamp.com
https://minty9.bandcamp.com/album/-
>>
Isn't vaporwave just people who can't compose making cliche mashups of 80s pop and video game music?
>>
>>65056499
not video game music, actually.
>>
>>65051699
oscob and skeleton both follow me on soundcloud even though i haven't uploaded almost anything. they both follows a fuckload of people though so i guess thats not too surprising
>>
>>65056499
>>65056569
vektroid sampled a bunch of old sega saturn and psx games in some of her albums
>>
found a great ep recently but I'm not going to share it with you guys because I don't want it to become a meme like the last one I shared
>>
>>65057034
>her
>>65057102
ah come on
>>
File: vaperwave_kid13.jpg (482 KB, 1152x1728) Image search: [Google]
vaperwave_kid13.jpg
482 KB, 1152x1728
love that vape
>>
>>65058090
cloud rap =/= vaporwave
>>
Luxury Elite > Saint Pepsi
>>
>>65044401
They sold the Nmesh tape set they released for $100 on there too, what a shit label.
https://www.discogs.com/Nmesh-Welcome-To-Warp-Zone/release/7011290
>>
File: swars01.jpg (50 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
swars01.jpg
50 KB, 640x480
>>65060103
how shameful!
>>
>>65057005
indirect self-promotion
>>
>>65061084
not really considering i didn't even say what my soundcloud is also its dead as fuck so theres no point in promoting anyways
>>
>>65057167
>>>65057034 #
>>her
You must be such an idiot
>>
>>65061191
indirect self-promotion of oscobs and skeleton, you silly goose
>>
File: vapeywave.jpg (36 KB, 795x274) Image search: [Google]
vapeywave.jpg
36 KB, 795x274
>>
>>65061276
LOOK AT THEIR FACE
IS THEY EVEN SERIOUS
OH MY LOL
>>
>>65061261
i wouldn't want to promote oscob but skeleton is tight
>>
>>65061276
he's right
>>
File: s-l1600.jpg (289 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
289 KB, 1200x1600
VHS pop is generally better than futurefunk, because futurefunk producers too often make their tracks crisp, loud and digital-sounding
>>
>>65061462
man, you don't get it
oscobs and skel did an indirect self-promotion by following you
>>
>>65061467
no, he's not.
>>
>>65046670
bump
>>
>>65061599
if you're talking about me finding out about them because they followed me i already knew about both of them before hand

idk maybe i'm not parsing what you're saying right
>>
>>65061826
noo man, c'mon! is that case when some dude starts following a lot of people random so that the people see his name and go to see his profile/listen to his music. like on tumblr, you know? when some dude starts following you, at least you give a quick look to their blog. so you get to know them. this is a sneaky way of self-promoting
>>
>>65061923
>sneaky
yeah, but it's also less obnoxious than actual advertising and "AYO BRUH CHECK OUT MUH MIXTAPE"
>>
>>65061951
of course, of course. that way is embarrassing
>>
>>65061727
he made it up
>>
https://soundcloud.com/kon-el-thirdeye
>Vaporwave
>Ambient
>Synth
>Experimental
>>
File: vaperwave_skin1.jpg (66 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
vaperwave_skin1.jpg
66 KB, 600x800
>>
>>65062535
this is oscob's danish cousin
>>
>>65061534
What the fuck is VHS pop?
>>
>>65045442
kinda yeah

although they did a good job of cataloging shit for their sidebars, which is sometimes useful if you've been out of the loop for a while
>>
>>65062645
proto-future pop, stuff like Luxury Elite. Fuzzier, warmer, more faded sound.
>>
>>65062672
>proto-future pop
>Luxury Elite

So just vaporwave, got it. Definitely better than future funk, though.
>>
>>65062703
shit, I meant future funk.

Future pop is fucking ancient.

>just vaporwave
definitely on the poppier, funkier side, not so much the gloomy ambient stuff.
>>
eccojams > vhs pop >mallsoft >>>>> future funk >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> vaportrap
>>
>>65062703
Future funk is awful
>>
>>65062814
eccojams > vhs pop >mallsoft >>>>> vaportrap >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> future funk
>>
>>65062734
>definitely on the poppier, funkier side, not so much the gloomy ambient stuff.

Right, but it's still clearly eccojams.

>>65062814
Mallsoft is one of the best vaporwave types. Style over substance so hard it becomes minimalist and finds a way to make it good ambient, and requires something beyond just chopping and screwing.

And vaportrap is definitely better than future funk.

Thanks for completely ignoring Post-Internet though.
>>
>>65062851
wrong

The only thing worse than vaportrap is hardvapour.
>>
>>65062882
>And vaportrap is definitely better than future funk.
Vaportrap is garbage, it's basically cloud rap without vocals. Its aesthetic is inconsistent as fuck, trap beats are objectively the worst thing you can create with a DAW, and it's typically appreciated by the goofs that are spammed by our resident shitposter.

At worst, Future Funk is just sloppy French House.
>>
>>65063027
most vaportrap is shit but Vaperror makes quality ass stuff. Acid Arcadia is such a great album.
>>
>>65063049
>Acid Arcadia
fuck, there goes my project's name, he already had that idea.

I agree that Vaperror is a notch above the rest of the genre but not because he makes vaportrap, only because he makes dank sound textures.
>>
>>65063027
Vaportrap is better cloud rap.

Future Funk is worse French house.

Do you see now why one is better than the other?

I might be able to see that on average, future funk is better than vaportrap, but the best vaportrap albums are worlds ahead of the best future funk albums, and the worst future funk albums are leagues behind the worst vaportrap albums.
>>
>>65063027
At least vaportrap creates some atmosphere. Future funk just make people dance like morons.
>>
>>65063085
>Do you see now why one is better than the other?
Yes, I see that vaportrap is necessarily worse than futurefunk because could rap is so ABYSMALLY worse than French house that even better cloud rap is still worse than worse French house.

And I don't even really like French house.

It sounds to me like the only thing you're taking into account is how much work goes into each genre. Vaportrap certainly requires a little more time and skill, but it's still absolute garbage even compared to the laziest futurefunk track. Futurefunk at least uses quality source material.
>>
>>65063113
Vaportrap creates a Yung Lean millenial memester vapenation atmosphere.
Futurefunk (when it's not completely half-assed) creates an early 90s poolside party atmosphere.
>>
>>65063155
>Futurefunk at least uses quality source material.

City pop fags pls go.

I'm not taking any amount of effort into account, because even lazier vaporwave albums sound better than either vaportrap or futurefunk.

Futurefunk manages to take a genre that was already having issues with serious quality control, and create something with absolutely no standouts. At least vaportrap tries to do anything at all, and actually succeeds.

You just don't like trap, dude.
>>
>>65063184
>>
>>65063211
>You just don't like trap, dude
no shit, I just said earlier that trap beats are objectively the worst think you can create with a DAW.

How is hating trap not entirely justified and righteous? Why should ANYONE be even allowed to like trap?
>>
>>65063260
>How is hating trap not entirely justified and righteous? Why should ANYONE be even allowed to like trap?

Because there is good trap, and mindlessly hating it because the bottom of the barrel is common is disgusting.

Quit letting your biases actually affect music discussion.
>>
>>65063321
Quit letting your biases in favor of garbage music actually affect music discussion.

Or at the very least give me an example of what you consider a good trap track and explain why you like it.
>>
>>65063361
Blank Banshee, Vaperror, Suicideyear and every Memphis rap group that used them when they were 'crunk' and not trap.

The beats themselves have a particular tone quality that meshes very well with the above examples; I get that their prevalence in most rap as well as EDM is overwhelming and doesn't mesh in the slightest.
>>
>>65063184
fucking this
>>
>>65063081
Yeah, he takes his time to put out quality stuff. Too many dudes just shit out stuff on their soundcloud.
>>
>>65063440
You're gonna have to explain what this "particular tone and quality" is to you, because to me, it sounds completely opposed to the more sinister or ethereal vibe trap producers claim to create.
It sounds extremely cheap, tinny, dry, and fake. It has all the poetry, evocativeness and intensity of bubble wrap being popped one blister at a time, because that's exactly what it sounds like. It sounds like they're trying their hardest to make beats that are simultaneously annoyingly crisp, and devoid of any power or majesty.
The most laughable part is when people compare it to "machine gun sounds" or anything that's more threatening than a stapler.

And just because it sounds weak and gutless doesn't mean it works well with vaporwave: it goes against its mellow or funky atmosphere by disrupting it with disturbingly clean pops and clicks.
>>
>>65063615
It manages to sound simultaneously mechanical while sound crisp; the good vaportrap produces manage to take advantage of this by either pairing it with simultaneously synthetic sounding music (but I guess oh no its weak and gutless) or modify the quality of it to match the haziness of the vaporwave. The bulk of Blank Banshee's beats do not sound like extremely tinny clicks.

> it goes against its mellow or funky atmosphere

Not all vaporwave is VHS pop/futurefunk, but thanks for acting like its 2014, made me feel young.
>>
>>65063703
>The bulk of Blank Banshee's beats do not sound like extremely tinny clicks.
I fucking disagree, he adds some reverb or low-pass to them but they still sound annoying and out of place. Even for the early 2000s Windows XP aesthetic vaportrap is known for.
>while sounding crisp
And that's exactly what I'm reproaching it with. This isn't glitch-hop, it has no business sounding crisp.

>Not all vaporwave is VHS pop/futurefunk
Thanks for stating what's wrong with vaporwave, but even the more abstract releases from Skeleton and whatnot don't have that irritating sprinkler sound fucking them up.
>>
File: thanks_mom.jpg (173 KB, 468x590) Image search: [Google]
thanks_mom.jpg
173 KB, 468x590
1. vaper 5 23.8095
2. vhs 3 14.2857
3. wave 2 9.5238
4. cloud 2 9.5238
5. trap 2 9.5238
6. rap 2 9.5238
7. vaperpop 1 4.7619
8. future 1 4.7619
9. funk 1 4.7619
10. pop 1 4.7619
11. vapercloud 1 4.7619
>>
File: vaperwave.jpg (259 KB, 522x836) Image search: [Google]
vaperwave.jpg
259 KB, 522x836
>>
File: vaperrwave.jpg (298 KB, 582x906) Image search: [Google]
vaperrwave.jpg
298 KB, 582x906
>>
File: vaperrrwave.jpg (342 KB, 636x975) Image search: [Google]
vaperrrwave.jpg
342 KB, 636x975
>>
File: vaperrrrwave.jpg (384 KB, 690x1044) Image search: [Google]
vaperrrrwave.jpg
384 KB, 690x1044
>>
vaperbump
>>
File: 骨架的 - Safe.jpg (256 KB, 1011x964) Image search: [Google]
骨架的 - Safe.jpg
256 KB, 1011x964
Well will you guys just admit that Skeleton is leagues above most vaporwave?
Even his later stuff was like Infinity Frequencies but more fun and varied.
>>
whatre the loneliest vapes you lads got?
>>
File: 骨架的 - Poor Homme.jpg (193 KB, 812x794) Image search: [Google]
骨架的 - Poor Homme.jpg
193 KB, 812x794
>>65065573
desu.
I wish I could tell you why, but this made me cry. There's some kinda story to this going on in the background like Soundtracks to the Blind, I swear.
>>
>>65036177
>tfw you'll never listen to this on wax at 3 am while watching the snow fall
>>
Is vaporwave still a thing in 2016?
>>
>>65065770
it is if you need to ask it
>>
>>65065770
No, its dead.
>>
>>65063827
Gonna have to agree to disagree, because Blank Banshee's trap sounds completely fine.

>This isn't glitch-hop, it has no business sounding crisp.

Please stop. I wish I was younger, but we can't live in the past pretending its 2014.

Vaporwave is not "le fuzzy funk" genre. It has not been that since 2011.
>>
>>65066164
>>
>>65065439
>>65065611
skeleton is still able to evoke emotions in me that most vaporwave can't. his production is rather simple compared to most vaporwave artists, but the way he chooses samples and puts together his albums is incredible.
>>
>>65067820
He's entirely detached from the entire genre.

He was doing it before pretty much everyone else, and is still doing it his way. His aesthetic sometimes lines up, but there's no real overlap except with imitators.
>>
>>65067853
Who are Skeletons imitators? Specifically the Skeleton album.
>>
>>65067721
someone is already advertising this
pls join
>>
>>65067943
Good idea, I never participated in one of these /mu/ albums before.
>>
>>65065710
why not
>>
File: computer slime.jpg (198 KB, 825x825) Image search: [Google]
computer slime.jpg
198 KB, 825x825
>>65067917
Computer Slime is pretty transparently a Skeleton imitator, but the stuff isn't bad, which I would expect from Skeleton regurgitation.
>>
File: Absolve U cover.jpg (361 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
Absolve U cover.jpg
361 KB, 1400x1400
Well, I don't know how people are going to respond to this, but I put this compilation together. It has a limited edition cassette. It features death's dynamic shroud.wmv, Luxury Elite, Cash Wednesday, DJ Alina and others. You'll probably like it. I hope.

https://absolve-u.bandcamp.com/album/absolve-u
>>
>>65068221
this quality
>>
What is "hardvapour" and how is it different than traditional Floral Shoppe style vaoprwave?
>>
i stan the beatles
>>
>>65067853
he's definitely a mysterious dude. hoping we get a new album from him this year, his bandcamp got a makeover recently
>>
>>65067943
>>65068106
yeah it's cool they're actually being semi-serious
>>
>>65068330
hardvapour is Wolfenstein OSX's attempt to artificially create a new trend and get attention from internet music journalists and indie labels, by proclaiming that "vaporwave is dead".

The music is an afterthought to this.
Effectively, it's clumsy gabber with filters over it. And aesthetically, it's emerald green, and it has cyrillic letters and Ukrainian words instead of being pink with Japanese symbols.

It's all very shallow, it sounds like shit, it doesn't evoke anything or refer to an existing area of pop culture (unlike vaporwave), it's just a big commercial move and only resulted in a small handful of interesting tracks.
>>
>>65068330
it's gabber and hardcore electronica. it's whole "mythos" is that its all made by a bunch of eastern european drug dealers or some shit like that
>>
>>65068441
the name "hardvapour" got me hyped cause i thought it would be like spooky intense gabber with distorted vocal samples, but instead its just lame gabber
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 49

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.