[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
being literal eye candy for a shitty pop band is not empowering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1-brien.jpg (123 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
1-brien.jpg
123 KB, 333x500
being literal eye candy for a shitty pop band is not empowering in the least, especially when there are two nerds beside him who clearly do all of the production
>>
>>65028338
I can't imagine Ed O Brien pissed in your cheerios this morning so why are you so mad at him?
>>
dilf
>>
>>65028366
I'm not mad.
>>
Heres the thing about Ed. The man is a cuck
>>
File: 1463505018941.jpg (72 KB, 460x484) Image search: [Google]
1463505018941.jpg
72 KB, 460x484
thom is the real eye candy
>>
Seriously though, what does the man actually do? I know "Ed O'Brien is pointless" is a bit of a /mu/ meme but is there any truth in it? I like Radiohead's music but I've never been SO into them that I've looked into interviews etc to figure out their creative process.

I mean I know Jonny and Thom are the main creative forces and all their albums actually have some bass and I guess the drummer just became a drum machine programmer when they went boop? Where the fuck does that leave Ed?
>>
>>65029586
He makes goofy noises
>>
>>65028338
>>65029586
He doesn't get to do anything because Thom and Jonny keep making music that doesn't involve or need a lot of guitar.
>>
>>65029586
He's there for the "atmospherics." i.e. he makes spooky noises with his guitar sometimes
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ34dCAKtmQ
>>
I wish I could stick up for Ed more, but at the current rate that Radiohead are going at, he's not far off from being the Bez of the group.
>>
Ed writes most of the guitar parts nowadays actually, with Jonny handling the strings and stuff and thom on bleeps and words
>>
>>65030009
Hi Ed!
>>
>>65029820
Tbf, in his place, I'd well still stick around Radiohead. Even if this was the extent of what I did.
>>
Bunch of fucking contrarian hipsters.
>>
>>65030060
hey
>>
>>65029820
Okay, that was fucking funny

I assume those were just cherrypicked poor moments tho
>>
>>65030339
l o l
o
l
>>
>>65029586
If you hear a weird noise and can't tell what instrument it's being played on, that's Ed
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.