[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mettle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: slayer_arm_cut.jpg (21 KB, 565x345) Image search: [Google]
slayer_arm_cut.jpg
21 KB, 565x345
Does metal culture still exist, /mu/?
>>
Yes, sadly
>>
What would nerds who never leave their moms basements know about culture
>>
>>65022667
This is why I'm asking.
>>
>>65022651
Rock 'n' roll with never fackin' die, man.
>>
>>65022807
it's dead in the 80s man (thank god)
>>
>>65023548
lol never you little bitch, metal is more alive than ever, there are literally thousands of albums coming out every year.
>>
>>65023648
>implying quantity > quality
>>
>>65024067
>he's a pleb
>>
In a vestigial form, yes. Even as someone who likes metal, metal """"culture""" should die.
>>
File: 1457202609250.jpg (183 KB, 1440x1044) Image search: [Google]
1457202609250.jpg
183 KB, 1440x1044
>>
>>65022651

Yes.
>>
>>65022651
No. It was always just a figment of your imagination.
>>
>>65024067
>he doesn't know what the underground is, where music thrives
>he only listens to pop music
>>
>>65024113
You first :^)
>>
>>65022651
Sure. Its full of 14 yo edgelords.
>>
My buddies band uses the bones of road kill and animals they've hunted to make their outfits. Pretty metal. Check them out they are pretty good.

https://siegelord.bandcamp.com/track/as-vultures-we-come
>>
There is still a metal scene in most big cities. It's pretty chill honestly. Yeah it's mostly a bunch of dudes dressed in vests and leather and covered in patches but once you talk to them they are pretty nice guys. A lot of weird people that seems intimidating but you talk to them and realize they are just nerds. Most cities have a few bars/venues that do metal and you'll find people drinking, chilling, smoking, and even a few hot chicks which is weird.

What is dying is the pretentious tendency to label and categorize everything into a subgenere and then refuse to listen to bands that aren't in your genre of choice. This is a good thing because metal as music is pretty dope.

Honestly I would say its has healthy as its ever been and is even improving due to the lack of pretension.
>>
There is a scene where I'm from but it has been covered up by the metalcore scene. The people who don't know the difference call them all the same.
>>
DAE LE EDGY MUSIC 4 CHILDREN XXXD
>>
>>65026692
Honestly I feel metal core has died in my city and has been replaced by heavier shit. Maybe I'm just older now though. It seems like every death metal band member played in a metalcore band during High School. You get a taste and just go further into the rabbit hole.
>>
>>65026775
Through the years all of the potential has been sucked out of metalcore, teenagers are growing out of it, so now it is finally dying out.
>>
>>65026775
might be an age thing but in Brisbane there is still people running around raving about Northlane and In hearts Wake
>>
Unfortunately...
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.