[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chiptune sound
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: cTRIX-chiptune.gif (98 KB, 606x327) Image search: [Google]
cTRIX-chiptune.gif
98 KB, 606x327
How can I get a good chiptune sound like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIfGD0EkuhE?
How and what kind of waves should I manipulate?
>>
>>65015041
literally get a free vst. i cant remember the name because its been awhile, but i think it was something like tb peach and it was a vst with several different presets that suited my needs when i wanted to make 8 bit sounds
>>
Ok I'm gonna use this thread to ask for chiptune recs
anyone have chiptune recs?
>>
>>65015096
All of Ubiktunes early free compilations (seasons series, Up)
Zan-zan-zawa-veia
Saitone
Hizmi (and anything involving the obscure GROUNDZERO organization he seemingly heads)
Zabutom
Shnabubula
Goto80
Danimal Cannon
Maxo (pre-PC music signing)
Disasterpiece
will try to think of more, it's been a while since I've listened to some chiptune
>>
OP here
>>65015076
I'd really love to do that, but I got to recreate those sound on boss SY-300...
>>65015163
And I can also suggest Groundislava's debut album, and Psilodump
>>
>>65015041
There's some really good free VSTs for it, all I can think of atm are FreeBoy and MilkyTracker but both are really good
>>
>>65015163
Thanks anon. Love you.
>>
>>65015243
OP here
Unfortunately, as I mentioned before, I got to recreate those sound a SY-300 Boss unit, which can allow me to manipuate three waveforms at the same time, and I was struggling tfind the perfect settings for the waveforms!
>>
you can get the sounds in that song with literally any synth that has a square wave and pulse width modulation
>>
>>65015281
OP here
Please tell me more
>>
>>65015270
from what I remember of the 2a03 soundchip (the basic one on the NES) it has a triangle wave channel and two channels that can be set to either a 50% square wave or a 25% square wave. also a pcm channel and a noise generator, but that's irrelevant to what you're doing.
>>
anybody have some good lo-fi sample based chiptune? I guess like snes stuff, but I could probably also try some demoscene stuff too, I've never really gotten into it. Finding some warm, comfy lo-fi ambient-ish stuff with that kind of sound to it would be great
>>65015260
np and ily2 bb
also I'd definitely rec starting with those compilations I mentioned, they have a fuckton of god artists and are free
>>
>>65015163
these are some amazing suggestions, especially zan-zan-zawa-veia. you have great taste anon.
>>
>>65016110
thanks m8, chiptune was some of the first music I was ever passionate about and I somehow managed to stumble across a lot of that in middle school/early highschool. wish there was more like zan-zan-zawa-veia's stuff, or also blitz lunar's early jazz influenced stuff. I should really get back into finding more obscure shit, it tends to be very good.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.