[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: post bands you never 'got' and other people try
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
ITT: post bands you never 'got' and other people try to explain them to you

I'll start.
>>
there's nothing to get about The Fall. it's alcohol abuse - the music career.
>>
Learn to enjoy repetition and the banal lyrics. If you don't dig HEH you might wanna see a doctor.
>>
>>64828873
Literally drunk old man yells at cloud the band, don't see how you couldn't like it.
>>
>>64828873
Usually requires a level of inebriation to enjoy

but then there's the odd gem that is right any time of the day, like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENxezdcIa4Q
>>
>>64828873
>ITT: Bands the non-English will NEVER understand
>>
I FEEL TRAPPED BY MUTUAL AFFECTION
>>
When will the late 90s/early-to-mid 2000s era of The Fall finally be rightfully recognized as being every bit as essential as their 80s run?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VKPdmkb5SQ
>>
Only listened to their first three records so far. I think I can see why people appreciate them, but listening to Mark E. Smith for a whole record is pretty tiring and if I wanted to listen to the more repetitive, krautrock-inspired post-punk, I'd rather listen to PiL.
>>
>>64829275
the unutterable is fucking great
>#4: amex card. they made such a fuss about giving it to me... but ha ha i spend more time getting it turned down
>>
File: 110813_vanilla_ice_465_ap.jpg (40 KB, 465x394) Image search: [Google]
110813_vanilla_ice_465_ap.jpg
40 KB, 465x394
>>
Someone please explain DEVO to me, I just can't see the appeal.
>>
>>64829333
this
>>
>>64829320
It's all about that sample, man. He bought the rights for Under Pressure and made a fuckload of money. I repeat, he made a shitload of green paper thanks to a song he didn't even make. He's literally the American Dream personified.
>>
File: meshuggah28082013.jpg (61 KB, 799x549) Image search: [Google]
meshuggah28082013.jpg
61 KB, 799x549
im not memeing i swear i just dont get them
>>
>>64828893

This, you're able to watch mark e smith loose his mind over the years. The music itself is good tho. Well, some of it.
>>
Cardiacs
>>
>>64829864
Becuase you have taste
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.