[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1
File: 0080052016.jpg (301 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
0080052016.jpg
301 KB, 1200x1200
Now that the dust has settled.
>>
>>64823753

Great album
>>
>>64823753
The dust hasn't settled
>>
Bonus tracks when
>>
>>64823753
I like it!
>>
we fuck it
>>
exceeded my expectations
>>
>>64823753
overrated garbage
>>
>>64824308
you're dumb

you probably don't even realize you're dumb.

it makes it so funny and cute
>>
>>64824239
pls no spectre
>>
>>64823753

I'm just now listening to it since I didn't really give enough of a fuck until I thought to find a place to listen to it online for a friend. Also I've never posted on /mu/ so I was kind of hoping you guys would be jerking off/raging over it more.
>>
I thought the 2012 versions of Identikit and Ful Stop were better. I also was hoping that Present Tense would sound more like the Mexico Sound Check version.
>>
>>64824530
It's god tier though.
>>
>>64824539
it had sticky with thousands of replies when it released famillia
>>
>>64824583
yeah but we already have that song. i'd like it to be two new songs.
>>
>>64823753
8.7/10
>>
>>64824308
Your mom
>>
>>64823753
LITERALLY THE GREATEST ALBUM OF ALL TIM
>>
Fantastic album, one of the band's best. God tier nighttime stroll music. I don't think the band has been this emotionally forthright since The Bends and the music is more intricate in its composition than ever before. Gotta say that I'm quite happy with how this one turned out.
>>
Burn the Witch feels like it doesn't belong on the album
>>
>>64825392
Its very awkwardly shoved in there. Thankfully its at the beginning so its not so jarring.
>>
>>64825392

Unfortunately this is true as it's one of my favorite individual tracks. It introduces the idea of marrying the orchestral and the electronic with bombast and the album does generally follow suit there. Thematically though, it shoots for the tension and paranoia of late 90's/early 2000's Radiohead when the rest of the album is much more contemplative than that. It's like sticking 2 + 2 = 5 on In Rainbows as the opener - fantastic song but not really gelling with the rest of the material.
>>
>>64823753
Mediocre, and everyone knows it
>>
>>64825608

Speak for yourself.
>>
I don't know. Its not a very well rounded album, and by that I mean it leans heavily on one sound. Someone said it sounds like Radiohead collaborated with Sigor Ros, and that's a good summary of the general sound.

I was hoping for something fuller after how sparse the King of Limbs was, but this one is even sparser and more distant. I suppose this is just the direction that they are passionate about now. Personally I think Hail to the Thief & In Rainbows is where their sound peaked -- a great balance between driving guitars and beats and downtempo atmospherics with pop sensibilities intact. Now it feels like they have crested the prism and are rolling down the other side into territory that's weirder, less catchy, looser in structure, etc.

Ful Stop & Present Tense are awesome though, haven't cracked most of the album yet but those two have grown on me already. The Daydreaming video made an impression on me that I don't think the song alone would have. Burn the Witch did nothing for me. True Love Waits was better with an acoustic guitar.
>>
>>64824707
I never browse /mu/ either. You guys are weird, I don't want your cooties.
>>
>>64824751
The picture of the disc shows spectre as one of the tracks. I hope it's just a random disc they used though.
>>
>>64825641
>Now it feels like they have crested the prism and are rolling down the other side into territory that's weirder, less catchy, looser in structure, etc.
I get why you're not into it (opinions, taste, etc.) but what you described is my favorite iteration of Radiohead. I like when they go amorphous.
>>
>>64825641

>Now it feels like they have crested the prism and are rolling down the other side into territory that's weirder, less catchy, looser in structure, etc.

I feel the same, only I actually like this change. They already gave us a perfect pop album with IR and TKOL's performances are so tight they border on robotic. I'm really digging the looser, dreamier approach on this album - it's different. Also, I find it odd that BTW does nothing for you yet you favor HTTT. That's my favorite of theirs and that song has HTTT written all over it and I love it for that.
>>
>>64824308
We're not talking about you here.
>>
>>64824239
WHERE'S CUT A HOLE
>>
Dust won't settled until LP10
>>
>>64825945
lol you know if they release that you'll get the same 8000 people complaining that they "butchered it" and that "the live version is so much better"
>>
>>64825979
THEY FUCKED UP IDENTIKIT THE LIVE VERSION IS SO MUCH BETTER
>>
>>64825979
identikit and ful stop sound so much better on the record
>>
>>64823753
Wonderful album
>>
>>64825963

Considering the minor uprise in TKOL appreciation as of late I don't think even that much is true.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.