[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is death grips the most important band of the past 10 years?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 4lcjLVU.jpg (52 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
4lcjLVU.jpg
52 KB, 960x720
is death grips the most important band of the past 10 years?
>>
i don't know about most important but they are up there
>>
i don't know about most important but they are up there
>>
It's like I'm on Reddit
>>
Not even close, baby. Important implies widespread influence. Death Grips will not change music no matter how much you like them.
>>
sure bud
>>
No. BABYMETAL is.
>>
>>64800496
Kanye West made an album trying to sound like Death Grips
>>
>>64800512
[citation needed]
>>
nigger lives don't matter
>>
>>64800496
but who sounds like them their the most interesting and innovative
>>
how??? their stylistic blend is interesting, but ultimately most of their stuff is simply not very memorable, frankly not "out-there" original and often comes across kind of clumsy and try-hard. it's a novelty act.
>>
>>64800520
the intro to New Slaves sounds like a Death Grips song, I dont remember which one. but why would you need an official citation? its pretty evident that he listened to DG and he wanted to jump on that train before anyone else
>>
>>64800538
how are they a novelty act when they have putting out 6 albums already and still have a mystique and rabid fans
>>
>>64800603
so do Marilyn Manson and Rammstein.
>>
>>64800473
no. but there isnt one band or artist that could be easily categorized as the most important of the last decade because this is the internet era. there isn't really one genre on the spotlight anymore. you could make an argument about kanye being really influential for a period of time some years ago but he really isn't even good anymore.
>>
>>64800496
They influenced Bowie's last album.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.