[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Record Store Stories >stroll over to Soundscapes today
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 1450818485657.jpg (44 KB, 535x332) Image search: [Google]
1450818485657.jpg
44 KB, 535x332
ITT: Record Store Stories

>stroll over to Soundscapes today in beautiful Toronto, ONT
>rather empty, few dorks in the jazz section, cool dude manning the checkout-desk as usual
>ask for some recommendations, tells me the new Radiohead is ''their best yet, some of the most experimental and beautiful..." goes on and on about a record he knows I've heard, even though I asked for recs
>tries to sell me on the Julianna Barwick album, I'm not a big singer-songwriter dude, but otherwise I say "dude are you going soft on me?"
>He chuckles and reminds me my first ever purchase here was Snow Patrol when I was 16 years old
>quality bantz, I stroll over to the rock/pop section, looking for something to just pop out at me
>grab an early Talking Heads record, based Remain In Light, for 5 bucks used
>cute girl next to me holding a Grimes album, would judge her but it's the Halifax, fuck I want to compliment her taste
>smile and tell her "great album btw", saunter to the checkout section so I don't have to continue the convo
>towards the front there are shit-load of music books, nothing really sparks me but a Brian Eno book is on sale for 10 bucks, grab it
>not even a mega-fan of him, but heard it got good reviews from some notable critics, including Leonard Johnston in NME
>Cool clerk dude tries to call out me for my selections like usual, he tells me that Talking Heads only made 1 good album ''and it's the on your holding, my dude''
>tell him that Radiohead only made one good album and it was OK, Computer
>I don't really believe that, but he gets defensive and tells me again to listen to Kid A
>"No thank you, I prefer some edge to my music"
>Dude checks me out, I take a look at the cute girl stocking shelves, she has nice shoulders, anyway perfect way to end the afternoon
>Hit up Smokes Poutine and head home
>I just love Toronto
>>
>>64797361
Why are we supposed to give a shit? Seriously, fuck you.
>>
Nice blog faggot
>>
File: Digital bagpipes.jpg (68 KB, 756x591) Image search: [Google]
Digital bagpipes.jpg
68 KB, 756x591
>have a gig for record store day
>gig the night before
>after party is blow and Molly galore
>2 hrs sleep
>stilldrunkhungover.jag
>record store acoustic set at 11 am
>Fuck me vid related
https://youtu.be/QZykncZ-zlA
>>
FUCKING RIVETING CUNT

Like check this.

I went to a record store and bought a record.

I wish I had:
Bantz.
Poutine.
Dorks.
In my story.
>>
>>64797361
sup reddit
>>
is this some new ironic copypasta where there's no punchline
>>
>>64797682
look harder
>>
>>64797361
how old is this? like what were the names used before?
>>
>>64797361
I genuinely enjoyed this story. You do you anon.
>>
>>64797468
>>64797497
The new in this thread is disheartening
>>
This isn't the place for the thread you have in mind. That being said, you're a fag.
>>
>>64799293
it's pasta
congratulations you look like a dick
>>
>>64799358
Wow I'm so conscious and aware of how you think I look on this board right now I better improve myself to meet your criteria because it's important that in your eyes I don't "look like a dick"
You fucking faggot.
>>
>>64797361
I'll tell of my biggest regret

>be in Melbourne, Australia visiting family
>city is notorious for record stores everywhere
>its true
>ended up at some basement record shop somewhere in the city center
>came across an original press of The Avalanches S/T
>didn't buy it because i'd never heard the album and only seen the album cover on /mu/
>2 years later hear it at last and liked it
>go looking online for a copy
>it's worth literally hundreds of dollars
>the original press in that store was $30
>kicking myself ever since
>>
I love record stores. the one by my apartment has the best VINYLS

VINYLS
I
N
Y
L
S
>>
>>64797361
>go to record store
>buy some records
>listen to them when I get home
>>
>>64800156
nerd
>>
>'talking heads only made 1 good album'
>radiohead
>grimes

sounds like a complete pleb hole
>>
>>64799826
There's a good chance I ended up buying that copy
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.