[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do when I get stuck? how do I continue my songs after I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Capture.png (48 KB, 1061x853) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
48 KB, 1061x853
What do when I get stuck?
how do I continue my songs after I've gotten a few measures of good stuff?
>>
>>64797238
yeah i need advice on this too. i've had a nice 20 second segment of a song done for about a month and i do NOT know how to add onto it at all
>>
try modulating to another key.
Also, what software is this?
>>
>>64797238
hop out of the key of C, change the time signature, use weird chords that involves experimenting with different keys or freaky shit
the standard C scale isn't the only nice sounding key in the world.
>>
>>64797349
http://midi-maker.weebly.com/
midimaker
exceedingly simple, just beyond simple and easy to use

just put in a bunch of noises, export to midi, and you're done
>>
>>64797378
Thanks friend
>>
Try to figure out the key of your tracks as early as possible, it makes writing things like chords and arpeggios easier and it gives you an idea of what notes fit and what don't. You don't even have to learn theory to do it, pencil all the notes you already wrote into a big fat chord and work from there

Also, listen to genres you wouldn't normally listen to, one of my biggest spurts of creativity came from listening to a shitload of folk and noise rock. Listen carefully to how the songs ebb and flow, what's added in and what's taken out, see how people structure their music and try to emulate it

t. frustrated producer with writers block
>>
>>64797459
what are keys
how do I do that?
>>64797349
>>64797367
how do I do this?

alternatively: where I can find information on this or where can I find information on how to do these things?
>>
>>64797238
lol dont just copy paste symmetry
wtf?
what exactly do you even thin music making is?

fuck those dots man
>>
>>64797633
I literally just keep adding notes until it sounds nice

sometimes it works
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0_BeCdEuDI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEQ-JqRUkGQ

sometimes it doesn't,
I have about 50 songs in a folder that are just completely dead because I don't know how to continue them
>>
>>64797633
>copy paste symmetry
it's like, 30 notes dude
you can play 30 notes twice, that's like 2 seconds
>>
>>64797541
You know how all those notes you wrote don't necessarily use every single spot on the piano roll? It's because they fall into a certain key. Think of keys as groups of notes that sound good together. They narrow down what notes sound good in a certain song and it'll make your life easier to learn how they work early on in your producing career
>>
>>64797693
its like a hamfist, and then a ham fist a litle to the left. i've never written a phrase that wasnt at least a bar.
>>
>>64797666
the essence of creativity is recognizing every opportunity to invent, every joint, every transition, every repettion, evrey change, and relaizing how the keep your exploration and variation coherent in terms of the piece. fact of the matter is you can DO ANYTHING and make it work. so: study whom you respect. if they arent good, find the edge and study it, just to learn. you can do fucking anything. you need to discover which anything is better
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.