[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of MJ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: MTE1ODA0OTcxMjkwNTYwMDEz.jpg (129 KB, 1200x915) Image search: [Google]
MTE1ODA0OTcxMjkwNTYwMDEz.jpg
129 KB, 1200x915
What does /mu/ think of MJ?
>>
nigger child molester
>>
Mentally fucked that he thought he had to change the way he looked. His music was pretty great, excellently mastered as well.
>>
he molested me
>>
WHAT ABOUT CHILDREN DYING?
>>
WHAT ABOUT ABRAHAM
>>
>>64797198
That's right, if children die how is he going to molest them unless he's into necrophilia.
>>
>>64797156
I remember I read somewhere that he literally handed Quincy Jones a blank check for Thriller
>>
WHAT ABOUT ELEPHANTS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mq1HFfK6xJs
>>
Off The Wall and Thriller are fucking amazing albums
>>
>>64797096
A aaaaaa aaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>64797096
He dead
>>
Despite all the bullshit he's still one of my favorite musicians.

He doesn't get brought up much anymore in pop culture really and it's a shame. I'm glad Xscape went unnoticed I think posthumous albums are creepy.

That being said he is extremely talented and very under respected, better than artists like the Beatles etc. in every way.
>>
>>64797156
He just wanted to look like Prince
>>
>Neil McCormick notes that Jackson's unorthodox singing style "was original and utterly distinctive, from his almost ethereal falsetto to his soft, sweet mid-tones; his fluid, seamless control of often very fast moving series of notes; his percussive yet still melodic outbursts, ululations and interjections (from those spooky "tee-hee-hees" to grunts and wails). Unusually for someone coming from a black American soul tradition, he did not often sing straight, unadorned ballads, though when he did (from 'Ben' to 'She's Out of My Life') the effect was of a powerful simplicity and truth."

Was he right, /mu/?
>>
he was a far better entertainer and performer than musician. if I'd had to pick a GOAT pop artist I'd go with Prince.

>>64798239
>better than artists like the Beatles

no. Jackson has a handful of good tracks. maybe 15 at most, while the other are very mediocre. The Beatles have albums full of great ones.
>>
>>64798312
Why is the word 'mediocre' thrown around so much?
>>
They did it better...

https://youtu.be/GV3QbjiS5qs
>>
>>64798312

The Beatles are trash.
>>
>>64797096
I think he's AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>64797096
He's really good
>>
>>64797239
>that scared child stood in the doorway while he gyrates

pottery
>>
>>64797239

>that last third
what the actual fuck. rip to a great and ridiculous entertainer
>>
File: Kanye-Shrug-822-1.jpg (50 KB, 600x362) Image search: [Google]
Kanye-Shrug-822-1.jpg
50 KB, 600x362
>>64797096

>1964 - 1987

I love him, but his 90s - 2000s music was either cringe or meh.
>>
Loved The Jackson 5. His solo stuff, not so much!
>>
>>64797096
Incredibly talented guy who peaked in the 90s. Still has some great stuff that has stood the test of time.
>>
I enjoy his shit but I don't get his deification by some people
>>
File: Invincible.jpg (61 KB, 735x732) Image search: [Google]
Invincible.jpg
61 KB, 735x732
>>64799079

you done goofed son
>>
>>64799079
earth song is a masterpiece though
>>
File: bjork.jpg (410 KB, 1580x2000) Image search: [Google]
bjork.jpg
410 KB, 1580x2000
>>64798250
He wanted to look like Bjork.
>>
>>64802154

Joke aside, I really respect his changes throughout his carrer, I feel like it's a symbol of the whole era he was in.
Prince did it too but in a smaller measure, he would change his haircut and his suits.
>>
>>64797096
A bit overrated.
>>
I like his music. He was also a very interesting person, considering his childhood and the media and everything.
>>
> Off the wall
> Thriller
> Invincible
> Dangerous
> all the post-mortem bullshit, even though the first is the best of it

Jacksons/jackson 5
> Trimph
> Going Places
> Destiny

Would have loved a feat with Prince.
> the dude was called to sing Bad with Mj and he didn't like the very first line
> "Your butt is mine"

your butt is mine
>>
way ahead of his time: after transgender hype dies down, trans-racial is the next big thing for acceptance and SJW politics
>>
>>64802154
who doesn't?
>>
Nothing beats the J5 for me, but Off the Wall and Thriller are GoAT albums too. I've been digging the hell out of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqQEdG8BF98 . Seeing an "adult" Michael performing old J5 material with his brothers gives me a thrill. If I were at that show, I'd be swooning like the girl at 0:06 and fucking in to it like the black guy at 2:02. Probably cry at some point.

Been getting a lot of mileage out of picture related lately too.
>>
>>64802359
You're really bad at this
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.