[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you don't think this is their best then stop listening to them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: Niggas_on_the_Moon.jpg (40 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Niggas_on_the_Moon.jpg
40 KB, 500x500
If you don't think this is their best then stop listening to them
>>
it is. you aren't. i am. he's not. she is. we are. kill thy own. self of will. tip of tongue teeth and lips. marda toi
>>
fashion week is
>>
>>64794857
this is the new meme?
>>
technically it's half an album but it's still in my top ten albums of all time

if you don't like it, that's cool though. not for everybody

here's why i like it

>no filler
>thematically strong
>top tier lyricism
>transitions are executed wonderfully
>I'M
>SO
>>
>>64794927
not even memeing here, I seem to be the only one to prefer fashion week

>inb4 he doesn't like DG
>>
>>64794825
Kill yourself you autistic fucking nigger
NOTM was good but far from their best
>>
>>64794961
Technically exm is a mixtape. Fuck technicalities, ExM, NotM, and JD are all separate albums
>>
1. NOTM
2. GP
3. JD

---POWER GAP OF PEACE---

4. BP
5. NLDW
6. TMS
7. ExM
>>
>>64794825
But anon, it's only just barely second after Government Plates. Surely this is an agreeable opinion
>>
>>64795116
i agree with this
minus the power gap but its peaceful so it can stay
>>
It fucking sucks, I'd rather listen to generic breakcore. Every song sounding the same is reason enough for you people to hate a band like AC/DC but when Death Grips does it its apparently teh best evar

I feel like people who think this is some next level shit just haven't heard a lot of music in general
>>
>>64795272
>It fucking sucks, I'd rather listen to generic breakcore. Every song sounding the same is reason enough for you people to hate a band like AC/DC but when Death Grips does it its apparently teh best evar
>
>I feel like people who think this is some next level shit just haven't heard a lot of music in general
>>
>>64795116
nice schadenfreude rankings anon
>>64795272
in this post: shit schandenfreuds say
>>
>>64795335
Jesus how am I gonna recover from that one?

Babby's first DG record apologists confirmed for underage
>>
NoTM is their best. Bottomless Pit is good, but I almost don't need anything more from them after this record it's so ahead of anything else.
>>
>>64795614
schadenfreude
>>
This album has no dynamics, its just a constant barrage of sound with some word salad thrown on top. If that's your thing then cool beans, but you could just as easily listen to a lolishit album. Its fine for what it is but it doesn't even come close to comparing to a Death Grips record with methodical song writing, structure, and motifs, ie every Death Grips record other than this one.
>>
>>64795116
Agreed, you have great taste anon
>>
can someone please explain in detail the meme of TMS and ExM being their worst? 'cause to me, as someone who started listening with ExM, it seems like a bunch of bandwagon fans jumped on with TMS and decided to distinguish themselves by sticking with the band through the embarrassment that was NLDW and ever since then we've had this annoying fucking fanbase who treats DG like high art. like TMS is objectively their best album. it's dynamic and perfects the formula that made DG what they are. since then, they've had bold and interesting experiments that have hit (TPTB, some of BP) and severely missed (NLDW, GP, FW) (all imo) but basically everyone who's not like a dye in the wool fanboy still compares these new releases to TMS. what is the reason that the /mu/ fanbase tries so hard to be different and eschew the simple fact that in 20 years the only lasting remnant of this band will be the bangers on TMS?
>>
>>64795784
>tri
schadenfreude
>>
File: little piggie okay okay.gif (2 MB, 219x186) Image search: [Google]
little piggie okay okay.gif
2 MB, 219x186
>>64795799
>>
>>64795784
yeah man i love their bangers xD GET GET GET GET GOT GOT GOT GOT
>>
>>64795904
okay, stop being a cunt and answer the question. you're just reinforcing my belief that the current DG fanbase got into music in like 2012 or 2013 so it was already established that TMS had BNM and was /mu/core so they decided to rebel against that and glommed on to this absurd notion that DG are some sort of like art project because they're too underage and ADD to sit down and listen to actual experimental music
>>
File: hoedownnn.jpg (49 KB, 740x642) Image search: [Google]
hoedownnn.jpg
49 KB, 740x642
>>64795933
he already knew how it went down
>>
>>64795116
Well fucking done. Only I'd swap BP and JD. But other than that, spot on.
>>
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 620x996) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 620x996
>>64795933
>this absurd notion that DG are some sort of like art project
>>
>>64796073
yeah, Danny Glover did the same fucking thing you dipshit. is he fucking Marlon Brando now?
>>
File: 200_s.gif (30 KB, 262x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
30 KB, 262x200
>>64796106
all I know is yo mama got a smokin booty but that's none of my business now is it gloveboy
>>
>>64796165
o shit waddup
>>
>>64795784
I remember when TMS dropped, I listened to Get Got and though "That was interesting, I'll get back to it later." Finally downloaded and listened to TMS a couple years later when GP dropped and brough DG to my attention again. I fell in love with it. It was phenomenal. I started downloading the rest of their music and ingesting it over time, and it wasn't too long before NOTM showed up.

I can't explain to you what I felt the first time I listened to that album. I showed it to basically everyone I knew. The rhythms, the sounds, the way everything weaved together, the transitions, the lyrics, everything was absolutely amazing.

The Money Store is a fun album, an easy album to get into, pretty immediate. Songs like The Fever and I've Seen Footage are very straightforward. NOTM actually gives me incredibly unique feelings. There's so much to unpack in there.
>>
>>64796321
i think you're overblowing NOTM's impact a bit, but like i said in my post, i think TPTB as a full statement (i didn't listen to it more than once when it was just NOTM) is definitely the first thing since TMS that pulled me in. i'd be open to saying it competes with TMS and operates on a different level for them. i don't, however, think that that's because it's especially deep or complex or revolutionary. mainly, i think it's because they made a big fucking hunk of music with a really great gimmick that they executed perfectly as one side and a great return to their roots for the other side.

i just don't get why making TPTB disqualifies the pre-NLDW albums as shit unless the people who are flaunting this opinion are literally just underage and got sucked into DG during Jenny Death When
>>
I'll never get why the general census is that JD > NOTM.

JD is their weakest minus stuff like Fashion Week and Interview.
>>
>>64796415
I agree. It's the only one I don't keep in my library. Inanimate Sensation is top tier though.
>>
>>64796415
I only go back to JD for inanimate sensation :/
>>
NOTM>GP>NLDW>MS>JD=BP=EXmil

fight me.
>>
NoTM>TMS>ExM=NLDW>BP>GP>JD
>>
>>64796415
jd is literally their worst imo
not that its bad, but its no where near the others
seems people just overrate it because they froth over On GP (which i dont see the hype for either)
>>
notm>gp>tms>exm>nldw>bp>jd
>>
So now its a meme to hate on JD? lmao I remember when people trashed NOTM when it came out and then thought JD was better.
Whatever. I'll just continue enjoying both albums as I have since NOTM's release.
>>
BP>TPTB>TM$>GP=NLDW=ExM
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.