[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is the Michael Bay of music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
File: Michael_bay.png (270 KB, 340x416) Image search: [Google]
Michael_bay.png
270 KB, 340x416
Who is the Michael Bay of music?
>>
Jay Z
>>
Jay Z
>>
David Guetta
>>
Nickelback, obviously
>continuously shit out the same crap year after year
>easily produced and consumed
>meme-tastic
>>
Jay Z
>>
Kanye
>>
Explosions in the Sky
>>
>>64791909
It might actually be David Guetta (or any other pop-EDM guys like Avicii)
>Just press play
>Really popular and rich
>Lol just throw in more drops (explosions)
>Little to no depth or structure in their music
>>
>>64791911
i would also like to add:
>is universally recognized as being horrible art, horrible culture, and horrible entertainment
>makes billions
>>
>hip-hop
Jay Z
>rock
Muse
>country
Luke Bryan
>pop
Justin Bieber
>>
>>64791931
i tihnk this is most accurate
>>
Rick Rubin
>>
>>64791988
>having this much understanding about the music industry
Michael Bay does some of the best CGI and practical effects in the industry, you literally cannot argue this fact. His blend of CGI and practical is beyond what any normal director can do.

Regardless of the movies he makes you have to give credit where credit is due.
>>
>>64791931
underrated
>>
File: image.png (224 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
image.png
224 KB, 512x384
>>64791849
Death grips.
They keep putting out worse and worse ear cancer, their mentally retarded fans go "ooooooooo!!! Explosions!!! Huhuhuhu!!" And "ooooooo!! Stefan yelling shit I cant understand to overproduced seizure induced production album 100!!!"
>>
>>64791931
kek
>>
>>64792058
Okay but Micheal Bay appeals to millions, not just a few hundred thousand. So nah.
I say Jay-Z
>>
>>64791931
I was gonna say Godspeed, but this is even more accurate. Really any shitty crescendo-core is a good candidate.
>>
>>64792112
you missed the joke
>>
Dieter Bohlen
>>
>>64792058
ebin :^)
>>
>>64792138
it works both ways though
>>
Bayside
>>
>>64792138
No I didn't. I think you missed the other half. Explosions in the Sky is funny because Michael Bay is known for explosions, and their name is Explosions in the Sky. However, much like Bay's films, Explosions in the Sky's music is nothing but shallow, vapid garbage that people only listen to because it's "epic." Only a fool would believe that the work of either artist has any actual value.
>>
>>64792112
>GY!BE
>shitty crescendo-core
I don't want to fight but the bait was irresistible
>>
>>64791849
Meghan Trainor
Kanye Weat
Taylor Sift
All Time Ow
>>
>>64792266
I'll admit, they're the only crescendo-core band that doesn't cause me physical pain to listen to, but their music is still unbelievably average. It's unfortunate because they seem like a group of guys who enjoy making music, and it just happens to be not that good. I guess I can take solace in the fact that they don't care what I think.
>>
>>64791849
Taytay
>>
>>64792370
>has crescendos
>CRESCENDO-CORE AMIRITE
not that you're being a dick about it, I've just heard it around
>>
>>64792716
It's not the fact that they have crescendos, it's the fact that the crescendos are the sole source of emotion and impact in their music. Their musical ideas have very little development and are usually just repeated over and over, each time a little louder until they reach the climax.
>>
File: u2-time.jpg (166 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
u2-time.jpg
166 KB, 1024x1365
>>
>>64792797
>it's the fact that the crescendos are the sole source of emotion and impact in their music
just stop posting my dude
>>
Maroon 5
>>
Muse
>>
ac/dc
>>
File: 1393813806091.png (214 KB, 405x360) Image search: [Google]
1393813806091.png
214 KB, 405x360
>>64791931
/thread
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.