[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lyrically, what is his best song?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (399 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
399 KB, 2048x1365
Lyrically, what is his best song?
>>
gorgeous
>>
>>64773246
this

or all falls down
>>
should I listen to this nigga? I thought he was a pleb until Mccartney recorded a song with him
>>
>>64773273
McCartney is a sellout
>>
>>64773236
White Dress
>>
>>64773286
so, he is a pleb, hip hop nigger?
shame
>>
>>64773236
Jesus Walks
>>
Silver surfer intermission
>>
Through the wire, Gold Digger, All Falls Down, Crack Music, Roses, Can't Tell Me Nothing, Big Brother, Spaceship, Jesus Walks, Two Words

I can keep going
>>
>>64773335
Commas don't real
>>
Freestyle 4
>>
big brother or everything i am
>>
cmon guys, its new slaves
>>
>>64773246
i too agree with this
>>
>>64773550
I hate Big Brother.
>>
Gorgeous or the second verse of New Slaves. For all the romantic folks, its White Dress
>>
Gone
>>
>>64773273
just listen to college dropout a couple of times with an open mind and then go through the discog chronologically if you like it

there's a good reason he's so acclaimed but i also get why people can't get into it
>>
>>64773236
Monster
>>
In my honest opinion, lyrically, rap is *usually* a very poor genre.

If you disagree with me that is completely fine. i just don't like rap lyricism. i find them to be poorly written.

in fact, i actually often find myself annoyed by those lyrics, especially when they sing about genitals and weed.
>>
>>64773833
I was thinking about putting on that the list.

Fired a week later, manager count the churros. One of his funnier lines
>>
>>64773762
Step closer to the telescreen and say that.
>>
>>64773762
dont tell him that
>>
>>64773924
cool blog, dude
>>
Gorgeous and Through the Wire
>>
>>64773945
I just expressed my honest opinion.
>>
>>64773924
Rap can also be very funny or informative or self-aware.
>>
>>64773936
kek
>>
>>64773924
you're still here?

are you still 14 too?
>>
>>64773493
I'm putting Diamonds too. Father been said I need jesus. Took me to chruch and let the water wash over my ceaser.

Fire
>>
>>64773493
Also Late.

The lyrics and his rhythm is at full backpack at this point
>>
>>64773236
all of kanyes lyrics are average at best. he should just produce for other artists
>>
>>64773958
None of those qualities essentially make it good, though.

I judge things by how much i enjoy them (enjoyment can be many different things - it can be enjoying it due to it being emotionally touching, it can be enjoying it due to it being fun, etc.).

and i *almost* never enjoy rap lyricism.
I do like some hip-hop albums regardless of that though.

>>64773976
I'm 21
>>
I'm In It is his best song for production
>>
>>64774036
wrong
>>
30 Hours.
>>
>>64773990
that whole verse is fucking incredible
>>
>>64774227
the best part is the intro

no more partys in LA is decent too
>>
>>64774043
>>64774043
well atleast your not being cunty about it
I mean hip hop is probably my most listened to genre, despite my opinion that most (hood)rappers have noticeably below average intelligence and therefore write really dumb lyrics
I just love hip hop cause i'm really picky with melodies, and find it easier to get into rhythms
On most singing albums there are like 3 songs tops with great choruses and verses that have "sing-a-long" quality and are actually enjoyable to listen to. So if a song doesn't have great melody, I would rather it had none at all
>>
>>64773990
Which diamonds version?
with jay or without jay?
>>
GORGEOUS
>>
>>64773236

30 hours
>>
>>64773924
>especially when they sing about genitals and weed

yeah I understand that must be unnerving for a 14 years old
>>
>>64775127
Not who you're responding to but I prefer the one without Jay
>>
Devil in a new dress has is best line

Overall, I really like I Wonder. Its a little ham-fisted, but thats literally Kanye
>>
>>64773924
Fuck off back to hell you cunt, nobody likes your attentionwhoring ass
>>
>>64773924
lol
>>
>>64773924
>>Grrrr I hate rap! all they talk about is weed drugs and money! and sex!!! my mom said i'm not allowed to have that yet

Seriously though, thanks for the trip I'll get right to that filter
>>
>Family Business not mentioned

What a fucking beautiful song.
>>
Devil In A New Dress, Gorgeous, New Slaves, Late, Big Brother, All Falls Down, Through The Wire, Spaceship, Two Words, Homecoming, Good Morning, Family Business, Gold Digger, Touch The Sky, Roses, Heard 'Em Say, No More Parties, 30 Hours.

Never realised how hard it would be to pick one but I would probably have to go with Gorgeous.Wish I could mention 808s but it is hardly the best for lyrics, production on it is insane but.
>>
His lyrics are shit
>>
>>64776986
How
>>
hey mamma
>>
File: umadonaweekend.gif (426 KB, 288x216) Image search: [Google]
umadonaweekend.gif
426 KB, 288x216
>>64777000
sick double trips famlam
>>
>>64777000
Double trips fucking hell
>>
Roses. That shit still chokes me up a little.
>>
File: 1411665550588.jpg (17 KB, 350x464) Image search: [Google]
1411665550588.jpg
17 KB, 350x464
>>64773273
He is a pleb. He fucking can't even rap properly. HE HAS TO INHALE AFTER EVERY FUCKING LINE

http://www.universal-music.de/kanye-west/videos/detail/video:325526/black-skinhead

as an example.

and that's even one of his better songs. It's like he is so full of shit that he can't even breathe properly.

Fuck.

Rapping is like his only job and he sucks at it.
>>
>>64773236
Jesus walks or new slaves
>>
>>64777378

>rapping
>Kanye's only job

PFFHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

...Oh God, that's funny. Dude's always been a producer first and a rapper second.
>>
>>64777378
We aren't talking about his presentation and how he raps, which I agree is sub par. We are talking about the actual lyrics he raps, which are great. He can produce like a motha which is a huge part of being a good 21st century hip hop artists.

I think the performing of the lyrics is the least important of the 3, lyrics being first followed by production.
>>
>>64777555
>implying
He only did most of the production on his first two albums.
Literally everything that came after that was produced by other people than him. Doesn't The Life Of Pablo have 100+ people credited?

Don't make me laugh.
>>
>>64777555
Who cares. His rap is shit, therefore his music is shit. simple as that.

>>64777594
I can accept that. That's true. I just think, that Rap which is poorly performed is poor in general. I can write good lyrics too but what does it matter when I can't sing/rap? Yeah, it doesn't
>>
>>64777643

I dunno man, I'd say Kanye's talent is his eye for talent. If he knows anything it's how to use others' skills and mold them to his will.
>>
>>64777702
So he's talented at sitting back and watching others do his work? How is that respectable at all?
Literally anyone can do that, too.

It's a shame too, because his best album is Yeezus but that's basically a Daft Punk album that's credited to him.
>>
>>64777643
Are you kidding me, he is the most controlling person on the planet. He has an incredibly deluded image of owning a fucking empire and his music career is what has gave him the stepping stone to even dream of something as ridiculous as the Donda inforgraphic. You expect me to believe he is gonna let someone else control his album?

Sure he gets help but the music is obviously his. He is too narrow-minded and smart to buy a beat off someone and just use it as is.
>>
Gone.
>>
>>64777760
It's not the most respectable thing but the results are usually stellar. Daft Punk only worked on 2 songs on Yeezus.
>>
his instrumental tracks
>>
>>64777760

Yes and no. That's a dismissive way of putting it, it's more like he's talented and gathering up tons of producing and performing talent and, for lack of a better word, "conducting" all of it to make his vision a reality.
>>
>>64777687
His rapping gets him by imo, it can be great at times. You need some of all 3. If you can write good lyrics and have a good image of the music you want you can make anything, but since you can't produce it is hard to sculpt it to what you want exactly. I reckon if you have any 2 of the 3 skill required you could be successful.
>>
>>64777760
>It's a shame too, because his best album is Yeezus but that's basically a Daft Punk album that's credited to him.
Everything about this is a lie.
>>
>>64777859

Agreed.
>>
Wolves
>>
>>64778274

>the swallow/unfollow line

It's not too bad lyrically otherwise, I guess.
>>
>>64778313
I hate that line. There's a version without it though.
>>
>>64773236
none, he's a low class no talent nigger and anyone who likes his music is a fucking pleb.
>>
Bittersweet Poetry, anyone?
>>
>>64778550
this t b h
kanye is literally a shitty ironic /mu/ meme
>>
>>64778550
>i've never heard a rap song in my life
>>
>>64778746
Think Kanye is a little bigger than /mu/. Quit making this image board a bigger deal that it is. Not like we made him famous
>>
piss on your grave
>>
>>64778746
He really is

Everyone hates him but you get these little contrarian dipshits on /mu/ who try to ironically like him. It's cancer.
>>
>>64778778
Not said we made him famous, just saying he is a meme
>>
>>64778999
Just because he is a meme on 4chan doesn't mean he has no talent.
>>
>>64778973
yep dude. everyone hates Kanye West. all the accolades, critical acclaim and number 1 albums are pure memes. no one likes him.
>>
>>64779040
But he's a talentless hack
>>
I don't want to be that guy, but i honestly think almost everything Kanye has put out is incredible. Most people that dont like him dislike his personality (which i also really enjoy honestly) and haven't taken the time to listen to any of his work. I know this doesnt relate to the topic but i dont see a ton of kanye threads where it isn't straight trolling. Personally i think he is one of the best artist of this generation.
>>
Niggas In Paris
>>
>>64779068
He is talented, like producing music is a talent.
>>
>>64779100
He is great, I think he is just brilliant. I don't listen to /mu/ when they talk about music that isn't a branch of rock. They are all too white to appreciate anything outside rock and instead of trying to spend time to understand it, they make memes out of it to put themselves on a pedestal above other people. I do like /mu/ though ngl
>>
>>64779152
You mean producing good music is a talent, so he isn't talented
>>
>>64779268
Nobody likes rock here. Many people here ironically likes obscure trash that is objectively terrible.
>>
>>64778696
fucking YES
no one ever talks about this song and its probably in my top 3 kanye songs
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.