[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/shugazi/ - Shoegaze (Dream Pop, Noise Pop, and Blackgaze) General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: ashigh.jpg (27 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
ashigh.jpg
27 KB, 700x700
Doomgaze edition.
Any more similar to this?
>>
>>64769192
bump
>>
File: theskydrops-bourgeoisbeat-400.jpg (172 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
theskydrops-bourgeoisbeat-400.jpg
172 KB, 400x400
I don't think i've ever seen this band mentioned anywhere let alone mu. Just found this on another thread, it's blowing my mind

https://theskydrops.bandcamp.com/album/bourgeois-beat
>>
>>64770787
Found them in the same thread you're talking about; can confirm that the album is a real gem.
>>
Would shit like this or Elvis Depressedly be considered dream pop?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dUegJBEusoI

What even is dream pop and where do I find more
>>
>>64769192
If there is, I haven't found it. I wish there were, I love what they make.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9THQfLtQPtw
>>
>>64769192

educate this pleb, what album is this? and by whom?
>>
>>64775058
As High As the Highest Heavens and from the Center to the Circumference of the Earth
by True Widow
>>
So this is really fucking good.
>>
>>64775328
forgot link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t01VmIMipKU
>>
>>64770787
>Gaze-grunge duo from Wilmington, Delaware
>gaze-grunge
i didn't know i wanted this, but this is great
>>
File: cover.jpg (101 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
101 KB, 500x500
Someone posted this yesterday and it was great, getting better the more I listened. Never thought I'd enjoy a Mos Def feature in shoegaze.

Some other links and recommendations:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD1aoqHYayo
https://savagesister.bandcamp.com/album/speechless
>>
Whats the comfiest shugazi album/ep?
>>
>>64775706
>posted
Correction: They didn't post it, necessarily. They mentioned it in a list of their favorite shoegaze albums and I investigated further.
>>
>>64775214

Thanks man, I'm definitely going to check it out
>>
hyped for new Nothing. anyone else?
>>
File: weighing souls with sand.jpg (90 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
weighing souls with sand.jpg
90 KB, 700x700
Pic related is somewhat similar, though a little harder to get into.
>>
>>64776064
I'm with you on that one brother. the album is streaming right now and my friends are saying it's aoty material
>>
>>64776064
>>64778287
they're drifting further away from shoegaze and it's a lot less memorable than Guilty of Everything. It's not a bad album but it's not aoty material that's for sure.
>>
>>64778287
there's a leak in the archive i just downloaded too, says it's 320

i think i'll give that a shot
>>
Currently digging : Cranes - Forever
Deerhunter - Microcastle

are there any other albums by these bands that still have shoegaze elements?
>>
>>64778577
Its already out in flac senpai
>>
>>64778627
Turn it up faggot by Deerhunter is pretty solid
>>
>>64779081
ok thx
>>
File: folder.jpg (86 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
86 KB, 600x600
Just listened to this, it's boring and I'm sad about it.
>>
>>64777589
I mean, it's also the best doomgaze album ever made so there's that
>>
>>64779798
It's pity sex doing pity sex. I liked them before and enjoyed this record but I understand why people can feel they're boring.
>>
>>64769192
Chelsea Wolfe - Apokalypsis
>>
>>64779857
The thing is I liked them before too. On FoL the melodies and vocals were all despondent and sweet, now they're all corny and unnatural.

It's been a while since I've listened to them though. Maybe my tastes have changed. But if I listen to FoL and I still like it, then this album is horrible.
>>
>>64779858
What so gazey about it?
>>
>>64780565
it's ethereal wave or whatever
>>
>>64775706
What's your favorite track?
>>
>>64775328
3 years after discovering the band, I finally notice the panties
>>
>>64775830
Ceres & Calypso in the Deep Time
>>
What's the relation between Candy Claws and Sound of Ceres?
>>
>>64783101
Sound of Ceres is pretty much a continuation of Candy Claws.
>>
>>64784719
They said Candy Claws' music dealt with like dinosaur times or whatever, and Sound of Ceres is now inspired by like space and the future and they said it warranted a name change.

They pretty much the same band. Now they have members of The Drums and Apples in Stereo.
>>
>>64780565
nothing really
>>
>>64779858
Not doomgaze at all. You were hit closer to the mark by saying Pain is Beauty, but that's not really doomgaze either.
>>
>>64782115
Babytalkk or Christine. That said, I've only listened to it one and a half times at this point.

What about you?
>>
>>64783101
candy claws is earth
sound of ceres is space
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.