[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never listened to Radiohead before. Should I listen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (152 KB, 638x635) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
152 KB, 638x635
I've never listened to Radiohead before. Should I listen to this first to see if I like them or should I start from their first album?
>>
>>64768667
Start with The Bends and go from there
>>
>>64768667
Start with OK Computer and then Kid A obviously, if you like the former listen to The Bends and In Rainbows, if the latter then listen to A Moon Shaped Pool and Amnesiac
>>
>>64768677
This

Pablo Honey isn't really worth listening to.
>>
>>64768667
Do what u want
I dont care
>>
>>64768667
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onRk0sjSgFU&list=PLSyaf3vVxZ454W6OC-WxJLiP6hu5X3vcz

Start here my good friend!
>>
>>64768667
>>64768677
No, start with OK Computer. I think it's their most accessible imho
>>
File: yorkshire.png (682 KB, 1142x594) Image search: [Google]
yorkshire.png
682 KB, 1142x594
Radioheads evolution is vast and deep, thier first album is pretty much radio rock/ britpop.
It is the most hated by fans.
Slowly over time they get weirder and weirder till one day you wake up sucking a lemon
>>
>>64768667
listen to the bends,ok computer then the rest you you like those
>>
This is a good idea OP, do this >>64768688 OK Computer and Kid A are good starts, even though the first Radiohead album i got into was In Rainbows.

happy listening, if you're at all an anxious or depressive person i cant imagine you not liking at least some of their music if not all of it

also if you find yourself like the electronic/idm side of Kid A a lot, listen to The King of Limbs too and thom yorke's solo albums, the eraser, and tomorrow's modern boxes, respectively
>>
>>64768688
As much as I prefer In Rainbows, OK Computer is the only Radiohead album I can't imagine anyone disliking. It's a good place to start.
>>
>>64768667
Would you really listen to one album and then decide right then and there whether you like a band?

Why not just be normal and listen to a hand full of songs on youtube and then if you're interested enough start going through their discography.

Normally it's best to go completely chronologically. In Radiohead's case I suppose it's safe to skip Pablo Honey though. At least at first.
>>
>>64768667
Start with Pablo Honey. It's their 3rd best album. The "Pablo Honey is their worst album" meme is just so stupid.
>>
>>64768839
Oh shut up, stop being a contrarian edge lord. It sucks besides Creep and Blow Out.
>>
>>64768880
>contrarian edge lord.
Maybe if I said TKOL.

Maybe I'm just more into real guitar music and not Thom's bleep bloop garbage.
>>
>>64768791

I only like the first four songs off of Ok Computer.
>>
>>64768880
>It sucks besides Creep
Creep is the main reason people have a problem with it. Also You is the best song after Blow Out.
>>
>>64768880
pablo honey is really overhated, its not the best thing they have made but for what it is it is adequate.
lots of catchy pop rock songs that any modern rock band would kill to have come up with
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.