[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RYM/Sonemic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 25
File: Yo7X2whq.png (84 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
Yo7X2whq.png
84 KB, 512x512
>post 1.5 star review of AMSP
>16 bookmarks
>some mod doesn't like it
>unpublishes all of my reviews

Where are you guys, I can't be the only one who didn't enjoy the album
>>
What is it with those users that try so hard to pretend that they don't come here?
>>
>ITT: things that never happened
>>
post the review
>>
File: Untitled.png (32 KB, 502x433) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
32 KB, 502x433
>>64768373
Unfortunately it did happen, logged in and all of my reviews were taken down
>>
Was thecrystalbird perma banned? Please tell me he was.
>>
>>64768668
I get a 404 when I try to look at his profile, so I assume so
>>
>>64768435
there's no way you would get unpublished just for that
did you ask the mods why?
>>
>>64768435
oh, it was probably your "my pee-pee is a grower" comment in the chatbox
>>
>>64768730
I sent a 'suggestions/feedback' form asking why it happened, but I don't expect them to reply

>>64768750
Would they seriously unpublish all of my reviews over that? What's the point of the shoutbox, if not to make lame jokes
>>
>>64768848
you violated two fundamental rules

1. only make lame jokes in shoutboxes of albums that aren't extremely popular
2. never make jokes referring to your cishet genitalia
>>
Who is the biggest cunt in rym's social justice Gestapo and why is it highonbatwings?
>>
>>64768873
i'm a trans women
>>
when did it become the thing to fake rate random VA comps?
>>
>>64769367
like what?
>>
>>64769119
then you should complain to the mods for their transphobia
the hardening of your female penis is clearly a profound personal statement that serves to express your emotional reaction to the album
>>
>>64768435
your review was the only one that was good.
fucking mods ay
>>
>>64768435

wtf, that should not be unpublished
>>
File: 5783921074831.jpg (274 KB, 550x380) Image search: [Google]
5783921074831.jpg
274 KB, 550x380
https://rateyourmusic.com/~schtraw

>>64768435
As much as I love the album, that's bullshit. Do you know which mod it was?
>>
>>64770366

mrmungbean, probably
>>
https://rateyourmusic.com/~nothingandnowhere
>>
>>64769042
He picked up from where TCB left off, that should be enough of a reason IMO.
>>
>>64771902
Why do people like these guys? At least tcb is banned, thank Christ...
>>
>>64772379
all banned users are shit
>>
File: flowers (128).png (199 KB, 288x347) Image search: [Google]
flowers (128).png
199 KB, 288x347
@ that cardiacs anon

yeah i rated a little man and a house and the whole world window highly
>>
>>64772424
sexy ramona
>>
>>64772435
and how
>>
>>64772379
they always have just as many detractors as they do supporters though
>>
>>64768347
>some mod doesn't like it
>unpublishes all of my reviews
is this normal on RYM?
why the fuck is this even a thing? why do users tolerate that kind of power tripping?
jesus christ
>>
>>64772625
Yes but why do they have any supporters to begin with? These guys are the leftist equivalent of /pol/
>>
File: wolfgangvoigt.jpg (10 KB, 312x210) Image search: [Google]
wolfgangvoigt.jpg
10 KB, 312x210
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Synusoid

almost done with Kompakt
>>
https://rateyourmusic.com/list/exdeath/hyper_chiptune_top_101_x_turbo/
Is there a list like this one but with other sub-genres?
>>
>>64770018
>>64770072
>>64770366
Yeah, it's unfortunate. I don't know which specific mod it was who neutered my account, but a different mod is telling me that too many of my reviews are 'one line' or 'jokey', so I need to fix those before I can get my privileges restored

Tons of users also post one-line reviews of singles, though, so I'm pretty sure they're being particularly harsh with me because someone doesn't like my AMSP review

Overall lesson to be gained from this, folks - don't post dissenting opinions unless all of your other reviews are multiple paragraphs and very serious in content, or you will get fucked by the mod team (and I'm even a subscriber, they apparently don't care that I give their site money for no real reason)
>>
File: future pitchfork writer.png (139 KB, 847x1717) Image search: [Google]
future pitchfork writer.png
139 KB, 847x1717
is this the worst review written in 2016?
>>
>>64772761
I will do a dark ambient one but I need to things first

1-rate more than 100 dark ambient albums (I have currently 70+ albums rated)
2-Find a way to discover user that rated alot of dark ambient albums
>>
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Burninate

i got a warning for arguing in the AMSP comment box with some sperg who was saying that he knows more about music because he's older than everyone else

the site is a leftist paradise and i want off the ride
>>
>>64772874
I'd say so; anyone who thinks their personal lives are valid in a review are selfish whiney pricks.
>>
>>64772729
just the zeitgeist, really.Also it's not like RYM's the only place where that school of thought is currently in vogue
>>
>>64772874
>10 paragraphs of narcissistic back story about their lives which is completely irrelevant to the album
>1 paragraph about the actual music

Why do people do this.
>>
>>64772954
I know more than you because you're a posing teenager, not just because I'm older.

I also got warned though.
>>
>>64772963
I hate them so much, blame telephone_junkie
>>
>>64772964
i knew you'd be a regular here

calling me a poser because i rated Lanquidity 5/5, whatever happened to actually enjoying music shitlord
>>
>>64772992
>whatever happened to actually enjoying music shitlord
See that's what I'm asking you: I enjoy classical music and therefore I have quite a few favorite records.

You don't seem to care about Jazz but have Sun Ra in your 5's. Why?!?!
>>
>>64772990
More like blame spiritof77/skyline, but that nigga dead.
>>
>>64772990
ozzystylez did it first.
>>
File: NIEQQUAH.jpg (83 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
NIEQQUAH.jpg
83 KB, 400x300
just hooked up with the girl I've had a crush on for two years. feels gud manne.

https://rateyourmusic.com/~KingChile96
>>
>>64772874

no. second review down:
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/gfoty/vipoty/
>>
>>64772963
>>64772955
I get that your own personal life and emotions can alter how you view an album, but this review does everything you shouldn't do when reviewing an album. Yes, albums do speak to people on personal emotional levels, but you need to explain how the album achieves this, not how you achieved it. I swear this guy saw the Pitchfork Kid A review and thought that they were too subtle.
>>
>>64772874
>As I took my first drags of a cig, my soul bathed in the reflective mood
this entire story is fake/your wife dumped your ass because you write and act like a high school kid that just read Catcher in the Rye
>>
>>64773102
What the fuck is that
>>
>>64773036
i KNEW you'd be one of those classical elitists, but i'm just going to dismiss this assumption in order to reply to you

i am interested in jazz, but i'm not a huge fan of it, but there are a lot of albums which i've listened to before i had RYM and i havn't had the time (or want) to go back and rate them, and i don't think it's fair to rate them based on what i thought about them half a decade ago

i like a lot of jazz inspired music, such as squarepusher, used to listen to a lot of improvisational jazz-rock and prog like gong or zappa and the only modern stuff i really listen to is dark jazz (which i don't consider true jazz because it's got such a lack of improvisation at times)

but all of this is besides the point. I think Lanquidity is an album which i wouldn't change a single thing about, and that's what i constitute as being a 5/5 on RYM

also you really should resort to something other than is there's somebody who you don't agree with just having a short browse through their 5 star albums and going HURRRRR THIS GUY RATED THIS 5 STARS SEE WHAT I MEAN????? because it's meaningless and just a sign of a pretentious asshat

you're more than welcome to enjoy your classical violin concertos and other classical stuff but don't think that you "are better suited to review" an album because you have either listened to more music or have been trained classically.

nobody's opinion is worth more or less than others
>>
File: MI0002502919.jpg (26 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
MI0002502919.jpg
26 KB, 400x400
>>64773159
this makes sense, but you should listen to some of that 1955-1965 good shit.
>>
>>64773201
only 50s stuff i've gone through is mingus, herbie, davis and brubeck stuff but the times when i want to listen to classic jazz are few and far between, i've been exploring the niches of dub and experimental techno for the past 2 years and i don't know how long i'll continue trying to find every corner of these niches or how long before i want to move onto another genre or two as a majority of what i listen to
>>
>>64773159
1. Do you know what pretentious means? Pretentious means lacking knowledge on a subject, but acting as if you do have that knowledge. You, and people similar, are being pretentious by claiming you appreciate and understand Jazz when in fact it's just to look better on a social website. For me, classical music is a strong passion - it's my damn job after all! - and not pretension.
2. No, not everyone's opinion is equal. Some people don't know music theory. Some people can't play an instrument. MANY people don't know music history past 1900. That last point is especially important because to have an idea for what music is "new" and virtuous you MUST know what came before: part of the reason I enjoyed TAW unlike other people is that I can see the influence of Perotin and Monteverdi in the music.

If you just removed that Sun Ra rating I really wouldn't care but now I realize you're just as bad as Montie.
>>
ITT: people defending their "unique" tastes
>>
>>64773284
>No, not everyone's opinion is equal

this is said by the kind of people that believe opinions are a competition. which is to say, pretentious failures of human beings.

stop shitposting, boldfedora
>>
>>64773359
No, it's said by people who love a subject and actually study it.
>>
>>64773284
i'm not claiming i know huge amounts of jazz but you don't have to be an expert in a field in order to enjoy something! music isn't my job and you shouldn't expect everybody to enjoy music on exactly the same terms that you do - if it's your job you should know this

everybody's opinion IS equal
it doesn't matter whether you know music theory or not, people are going to enjoy music on different levels. sure it's true it might be advantageous to know about complex scales and how they resolve themselves throughout a track or the algorithms involved in a complex generative musical piece but that DOES NOT change the amount of enjoyment that somebody gets from music, just the understanding

the defitinition of pretentious is: "attempting to impress by affecting greater importance or merit than is actually possessed" and right now you're being the most pretentious person here by saying that peoples knowledge of music is more important than the music itself

>the reason I enjoyed TAW unlike other people
you're really suggesting that you enjoy things in a different way to other people

holy shit, special snowflake better grease up your fedora because you're tipping at an extremely intense speed
>>
>>64773284
this nigga. yeeeeaa buddayyy
>>
>>64773377
so to you loving a subject is all about getting to feel superior to others? doesn't that seem contradictory to you at all?

opinions aren't things you give value and weight to for comparative purposes. the only people who believe that are people who derive social status from their opinions, which is to say, pretentious posers.
>>
>>64773380
You say all of this but I distinctly remember that the first time I appreciated serial music was when the row stuctures were explained inside of a Schoenberg score. Sometimes yes that knowledge does fundamentally change your gut reaction of music.

What do you think of Montie?
>>
>>64773407
Is science about feeling superior to others. Of course not: but when somebody starts trying to contest your research you're going to fight back.
>>
>>64773452
no one is "contesting your research" though, you're just being tremendously insecure and somehow taking anyone disagreeing with you as a personal attack. very immature thing to do.

and just a little tidbit from an adult: in the world of science, when someone contests your research you don't "fight back," you respectfully argue your point. you'll understand when you're older
>>
>>64773428
knowledge such as this changes what you look for in the music, i don't know what the row structures are (and frankly, i don't care) but i imagine if i knew what they were i would appreciate how they were used, this would make me respect the artist and the piece more but would i enjoy it more or less? no way, i would just respect it more. it's like speaking the english language - do you enjoy speaking a word more because you understand where it comes from? you have KNOWLEDGE of something but it doesn't change your enjoyment

knowledge =/= enjoyment of something
knowledge is just knowedge

does somebody who has no knowledge of playing guitar like the sounds a guitar makes less than the one who plays it?
the answer is NO
they might not know what song the person is playing or what the chord progression is but that doesn't impact their enjoyment of the music - they will enjoy it all the same

i don't know who montie is because i'm not a poser who cares about "rym personalities" or my "internet credibility"

>>64773452
why are you taking my criticism of music as a personal attack? how insecure are you?

how about this
i don't know any classical theory
i don't plan to learn classical theory
and yet i've given lanquidity a 5/5
so despite all of this I ENJOY IT MORE THAN YOU
>>
>>64773488
>calling someone pretentious isn't a personal attack
You're clearly biased in this argument towards the lack of knowledge side.
>>
>>64773517
le I was shitposting all along tactic huh? nice one boldfaure
>>
File: 1455940790748.jpg (2 KB, 109x125) Image search: [Google]
1455940790748.jpg
2 KB, 109x125
>>64773517
>Don't tell me I'll understand when I'm older when I've been through more heartbreak from girls than you, you posing cunt
awwwww did somebody get their ickle feelings hurt when the perfect girl didn't appreciate microtones?
>>
>>64772874
god this is terrible. He doesn't even talk about the music, just the lyrics
>>
File: 1457095033766.jpg (38 KB, 332x396) Image search: [Google]
1457095033766.jpg
38 KB, 332x396
>>64773552
>My point is that you don't understand my knowledge, you don't understand me, nobody on this board understands me. YOU'LL understand when you're older, bitch.
>>
>>64773513
>but i imagine if i knew what they were i would appreciate how they were used, this would make me respect the artist and the piece more but would i enjoy it more or less? no way
Well I literally just told you "yes way" so tough luck faggot.
>does somebody who has no knowledge of playing guitar like the sounds a guitar makes less than the one who plays it?
the answer is NO
they might not know what song the person is playing or what the chord progression is but that doesn't impact their enjoyment of the music - they will enjoy it all the same
This is objectively wrong, an actual guitar player would appreciate many aspects of a song more than a casual listener.

What
Do
You
Think
Of
Montie?
>>
>>64773552
showing your true colors eh
>>
>>64772874
All of TheCunningStunt reviews are worse
>>
This is a reminder not to be gullible teenagers and ignore obvious impostors.
>>
>>64773159
>nobody's opinion is worth more or less than others
not true at all
>>
>>64773583
maybe the fact that it's not as obvious as it might seem to you could be a hint as to your own behavior?
>>
>>64773597
>he thinks opinions are things to be compared and quantified at all

t. insecure teenager
>>
My god boldfaure is such a jerk
Can we stop this now?
>>
>>64773568
>This is objectively wrong, an actual guitar player would appreciate many aspects of a song more than a casual listener.

it's actually scientifically right, as knowledge of a subject has no influence on the levels of stimulation of the pleasure centres in the brain
>>
>>64773568
OPINIONS ARE OBJECTIVE
it doesn't matter whether somebody has an iq of 50 or is the smartest person in the world
OPINIONS ARE NOT FACT
you cannot make opinions less valid by criticizing them in terms of science or training because they are AN EXPRESSION OF FEELINGS

i've already said, i don't know who montie is because i'm not a poser who cares about "rym personalities" or my "internet credibility"
>>
>>64773632
I'm not even being a jerk: I'm calmly saying that you shouldn't pretend to like genres for RYM points.
Ya'll are just projecting anger and irritation on me.
>>
>>64773617
nah
>>
>>64773658
No, you don't know who Montie is because you're a newfag.
This is a waste of both our time.
>>
>>64773661
>you shouldn't pretend to like genres for RYM points

you can't randomly throw around that accusation, and THEN turn around and tell people to stop projecting lol
>>
>>64773727
Do you know what projection is?
>>
>>64773735
I do. And by accusing people of pretending to like things for social status, while simultaneously pretending to like things more than others for social status, that's exactly what you're doing. Let's face it, not everyone's insecure and needy like you.
>>
File: oh boy.jpg (228 KB, 778x641) Image search: [Google]
oh boy.jpg
228 KB, 778x641
>>64773575
>>
File: 1461127863017.jpg (66 KB, 399x382) Image search: [Google]
1461127863017.jpg
66 KB, 399x382
>>64773694
>i've got nothing else to say because i've been proven wrong
>call him a newfag!
>>
>>64773759
>while simultaneously pretending to like things more than others for social status
(not true btw)
[citation needed]
et cetera
>>
File: lol.jpg (21 KB, 350x233) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
21 KB, 350x233
>>64773767
>Even Pitchfork hate it
>>
why do you people even talk about radiohead? anyone can tell they're awful pretentious pseudo-artists
>>
>>64773786
the same citations you never provide when you make the same accusations?
>>
>>64773806
(You)
>>
>>64773815
I've repeatedly said Burninate's 5* of Sun Ra with no other Jazz is my source.
>>
File: 5644.jpg (7 KB, 209x204) Image search: [Google]
5644.jpg
7 KB, 209x204
>>64773806
I think you mean faux avant-garde
>>
>>64773829
circumstantial at best, especially considering Burninate himself has already provided plenty of valid reasoning to refute your flimsy accusation
>>
>>64773829
so you're saying i'm "not allowed" to give a jazz album 5* because i don't give any other jazz albums 5*?

i do what i want dude and i rate stuff how i want, you're the poser here thinking i should conform to your imaginary rules and opinions
>>
>>64773855
Better proof than you have for me, kid.
>>
>>64773884
your incredibly insecure and defensive behavior is my source, and it still holds up with every thread you post in
>>
>>64773905
>burninate being defensive = proof he's not pretentious
>me being defensive = pretentious
I'm done talking to you.
>>
>>64773884
also, if i did care about my online persona you're being really helpful because i got 4 friend requests after i brutally destroyed you in the comments box whilst you just spouted nonsense and looked like a total fedora. the mod who gave me a warning said "i won't argue that the other user isn't being completely insufferable"

so ha
>>
>>64773963
he's not being defensive, he offered reasonings and arguments. you offered nothing but ad hominems, memes/insults and "WHAT DO YOU THINK OF MONTIEEEEEE"
>>
>>64773964
Oh great, you got the friendship of other people who gave AMSP 5*
VERY valuable indeed...
>>
>>64773995
>you offered nothing but ad hominems, memes/insults and "WHAT DO YOU THINK OF MONTIEEEEEE"
Read my comments again. I'm done talking to you.
>>
File: 1452672418509.png (62 KB, 196x227) Image search: [Google]
1452672418509.png
62 KB, 196x227
>it's a boldfaure episode
>>
>>64773997
>i'm only friends with people who share my bigoted beliefs about music because i'm so insecure about my taste i break down when not inside a hugbox
>>
This conversation has become nothing but namecalling can we please just all shut the fuck up
>>
>>64774016
I'm not done talking to you. I'm going to call you out on your bullshit every single time you smear threads on /mu/ with your toxic posting.

see you next time
>>
does 1Chops really have to comment on every single classic rock album saying "hahaha this is dadrock guys lol lol"

5. CLPPNG - Clipping
4. To Be Kind - Swans
3. Run The Jewels II
2. LP1 - FKA Twigs
1. Piñata - Freddie Gibbs & Madlib

Oh... that explains it!
>>
>I post on 4chan but have as thin a skin as a redditor
These types ruin both /mu/ and reddit
>>
ITT (or what's left of it)
we pay respect to how badly boldfailure was destroyed and refuses to cope with reality by posting memes of what you think he looks like
>>
>>64774180
I wasn't destroyed though. Do you want to continue the argument that derailed this thread?
>>
>>64772837
Dude, everyone knows that you're not allowed to write joke reviews unless you're No_ or StonedWallaby
>>
>>64774229
there's no argument, you're arguing that something which is subjective (enjoyment) is objective, which is just wrong
>>
>>64774270
I'm saying that if you know more about something you'll appreciate it more or in different ways than the people who don't care as much.
How is that wrong?
>>
>>64774304
that's not how enjoyment works, neurologically
>>
>>64774304
knowledge does not correspond to enjoyment at all, knowledge is just knowledge
>>
>>64774319
Tell me how a person without knowledge of music theory appreciates the prelude to Tristan und Isolde the same as someone with said knowledge.
>>
>>64774350
by enjoying the sounds

that's it, that's how enjoyment works
>>
>>64774350
tell me how this knowledge affects the way endorphins are released instead
>>
>>64774350
this is why degrees in theory of music and art in general are useless

you learn things, but unless you apply them to create your own works it means absolutely nothing at all
>>
>>64774380
When you recognize how Wagner is continually moving from unresolved dominant to unresolved dominant and deceptive cadences yes, you get more excited about what otherwise sounds like a bunch of pretty notes.
>>
>>64774435
>you get more excited

that's not true, in fact. a rat conditioned to hear that prelude every time he gets fed will experience an objectively higher amount of happiness, despite not even understanding the mere concept of music.
>>
>>64773045
I like that guy's reviews t.bh
Some people actually manage to pull off the emotional review in a way that doesn't make them look like asses. See: stilton
>>
>>64774435
you're not enjoying the music more and you're not getting excited about the music more, you're just mentally masturbating over your own knowledge
>>
>>64774462
You're arguing from a first year medical student perspective.
I'm arguing from a musician's perspective.
Suffice it to say I'm not interested in what you were told by similarly musically uneducated people.
>>
>>64773403
Fuckin lel
>>
>>64774478
Whatever you want to think.
Let me know when you can speak for me.
Personally I'm not interested in derailing a thread with stupid insult fights like you're trying to make.
>>
>>64774500
and I have no interest in whatever follies you were told by people desperately trying to justify the existence of their pointless field.
>>
>>64774537
i'm not insulting you - why are you constantly so offended? i'm telling you repeatedly that knowledge does not correlate to enjoyment in any way whatsoever
>>
>>64774500
"I lost the argument, better use ad hominems and insults"

classic boldfaure, AGAIN
>>
>>64774538
>music is a pointless field
weird choice of board, friend
>>
>>64774538
>pointless
music makes people HAPPY
>>
>>64774562
i'm not insulting you - why are you constantly so offended?
>>
>>64773568
Lol high horse
>get down
Humble yourself
>>
good thread
>>
>>64773694
Get bent brother
>>
>>64774582
we had this discussion before, if you're not aware of how you're being insulting, then you really do have autism.
>>
holy kek what a thread. boldfaure is a joke, a very funny one at that
>>
>>64774697
If you don't know much about music I see why you'd think that.
>>
>>64774724
laughing at autism is completely unrelated to music my friend
>>
>>64774618
i'm burninate and have not been the only person who you've been discussing with in this thread, as i assumed you know

let me reiterate what i've said to you, things which are irrefutable because they are objective
- knowledge does not correlate to enjoyment, knowledge is just knowledge
- people who have more knowledge of a subject do not enjoy it more, examples: somebody playing guitar for the first time does not enjoy it more than somebody who is a virtuoso. the virtuoso will be playing more difficult things for sure and will make music which is more technically sufficient, but enjoyment is subjective, so this does not make him better, because the beginner could make something which sounds better to him
- appreciation is not the same as enjoyment. people appreciate things because they have prior knowledge, appreciation is a form of respect

and so through all of this nonsense, i ask you again, why does my 5 stars rating of Sun Ra's Lanquidity, an exceptional album, annoy you so much, considering i have not rated any other jazz albums 5 stars and i accept that i am not an expert in jazz? Music is entirely subjective so i can have any opinion i like because my opinion depends on my personal enjoyment

now if you'd be so good as to admit that you're wrong in thinking you're better than most other people here because you've had classical music training or some other similar nonsense we can finish this thread and start posting memes or something. because the way you talk suggests that you think you're far above all others, especially how you're telling everybody else to "grow up" when it's really you who is acting like a child - you think your opinion is in some way inherently better than the opinions of other people

if you didn't read this post i'd like to reiterate again: knowledge has no effect on enjoyment, and rating music is a rating of enjoyment, not what you know about the album. you're rating the music itself, not the skills of the artist
>>
lmao this thread
Boldfaure is the /mu/ equivalent of LimedIBagels
>>
>>64774753
you replied to the wrong post there fella, I hate boldfaure's meme schtick more than anyone ITT
>>
>>64774797
oops, i don't know who is who, but as you can see, that's addressed to him
>>
boldfaure have you been diagnosed with autism? this is a serious question
>>
>>64774753
I do not think I'm better than everyone here. I think with certain subjects I have a better grasp than other people, so when I see them trying to pretend to grasp said subjects with limited knowledge I call them out. It's a common illness on RYM, pretension.

Go on my profile and you see on the one jazz list I made (I have one for 2016 but maybe I should copy the same description over) I said "I'm not a jazz buff." I take pride in what I've accomplished, and freely acknowledge what I don't.

When I see others that don't care about that and want to look like experts in everything I will call them out.
>>
>>64774864
why do you keep assuming people want to look like experts, especially when they keep stressing and repeating they're not?
>>
RYM mods are autistic, and so is sharifi
>>
>>64774864
no one is pretending like they're an authority on jazz or classical, except for you. people use rym to organize their listening history and find new music recommendations. why do you have to be such an autistic bitch about that? people can rate whatever they damn well please
>>
>>64774899
Why would they put music on their profile they don't want to be identified with?
>>
>>64774864
>I do not think I'm better than everyone here
> I think with certain subjects I have a better grasp than other people

do you not see the contradiction here? by saying you think you have a better grasp of something, you're saying you're more able to do something than other people, which is saying you're better at doing something than others

who cares if somebody doesn't have a lot of knowledge about a subject and reviews something? like i said, music is entirely subjective, so somebody who has never heard any classical music before could listen to one of the most complex classical pieces ever and make a review and it'd still be valid - they wouldn't have the knowledge to fully appreciate the music but they're fully entitled to any opinion that they have

i'm not being rude when i say that i don't care about how much jazz that you've listened to because this is entirely besides the point. saying that you've reviewed albums and made lists is not an accomplishment at all, you're sharing your opinions which is not applying any talent at all

nobody here is saying that they're an expert here, you've been continuously saying that you know more about about certain types of music and so you're better equipped to review them but this is not true at all because, once again, music is entirely subjective
>>
>>64774949
this, stop bickering already autists
>>
>>64774949
So then why do they get offended when I call them out as casual listeners? Most people I've talked to seem to think they are experts in the limited music they've heard.
>>
>>64774953
what the hell does that even mean? people listen to music and assign a numerical value to how much they liked it. it has jack shit to do with "being identified" whatever that even means. why are you so obsessed with image?
>>
The only rym user whose reviews are worth reading is grampus.
>>
>>64774981
because you saying somebody is a "casual listener" is you just dismissing their opinion because they have less knowledge of the subject than you - this is why people get angry because you're treating them like idiots
>>
>>64774994
Hello Grampus.
>>
>>64774994
by all means, if you want to hear him bitching about his wife dumping him and leaving him with all her "disco" records
>>
>>64774981
why do you have to "call them out" in the first place? you're an ego-obsessed autist of the highest degree
>>
>>64774959
Just because I know more about Darmstadt than LS or DP doesn't mean I'm better.
The question isn't what you know, it's how you portray yourself.
If a person is casually rating jazz/classical and being friendly and not claiming pretension I have no quarrel.
If someone insults me and claims I don't know what I'm talking about while only being a casual listener, I will call them out.
What is hard to understand
>>
>>64775040
except everytime you've called out someone, it was unprovoked
>>
>>64775032
Because they either insult me or do a disservice to classical music.
>>
>>64775040
>If someone insults me and claims I don't know what I'm talking about

except no one does that, it's literally all you taking things personally to degrees I didn't even know were possible, jesus get it through you head already
>>
>>64774994
I really like that guy.
>>
>>64775060
Not with burninate that's sure as fuck.
>>
>>64775061
lmao a disservice by assigning a numerical score on rym? get off your fucking high horse, autismo
>>
>>64775040
what does this have to do with anything?

nobody cares about how much you know, why are you so obsessed about this?

i'm not saying you don't know what you're talking about, i'm saying that you fundamentally don't understand how enjoyment of music works

>>64775061
classical music is not some holy grail that deserves to be defended lol

>>64775077
what have i ever done to you except saying that you're stuck up your own ass and calling you a failure? you're offended so easily and take everything so seriously, when in actuality this is just music so it doesn't matter at all
>>
>>64775061
you're doing a disservice to classical music by being a corrosive douche while strongly identifying yourself with it

anyone who is insulting you did so because your attitude is toxic. it has NOTHING to do with music at all. re-evaluate the way you interact with others, PLEASE
>>
>>64775091
>what have i ever done to you except saying that you're stuck up your own ass and calling you a failure?
Rest my case.
If you bring bantz I'll banter back.
>>
The mods unpublish reviews for the stupidest reasons and when people make reviews that actually break the rules, they stay there and get loads of bookmarks. The "clever" one-line reviews joking about the album's title, people trying to be funny by telling a shitty story with almost no relation to the actual music in the album and stuff like that is always there and never gets unpublished.
>>
reminder that while boldfaure may be a cunt, nobody will ever be more detestable than xus
>>
>>64774953
You can't be fucking serious. How the fuck is rating something highly the same thing as wanting to be identified with it? I have three pages of prog rock rated (a few even at 4.0 or 4.5) and I don't even give a shit about the genre, I just rate it so I can remember what I've heard from it and which albums I liked the most. So people should only ever rate music highly from the genres they're ~~experts~~ on?
>>
>>64775120
>i-it was banter all along gaize!... gaize?

"no"
>>
>>64775140
xus is more pitiful than anything though
>>
Reminder that I offered to stop this argument like 40 posts ago but I guess you're all too triggered
>>
>>64775185
you didn't "offer" anything, you said you weren't gonna reply, then continued replying. you're fucking delusional m8
>>
>>64775120
you've been doing a pretty bad case of bringing the banter back, not only have you been proved wrong multiple times in almost every way imaginable by everybody in this thread you havn't made a single joke and instead have just got butthurt about your precious classical music and jazz

i actually feel sorry for you and wonder if you actually have any friends, because if you are as stuck up about anything else than you are about music then you'd be an insufferable person to do around who would refuse to let somebody share their opinion about food because

"i have tried more foods, my taste buds are more experienced, your can't say you enjoy things as much as i do because i have more knowledge, eat shit faggots"
>>
>>64775149
Either rate music only what you're an expert in

Or rate anything, but don't call out people and pretend like you know what you're talking about

this thread has wasted so much time jesus christ
>>
>>64775215
>not only have you been proved wrong multiple times in almost every way imaginable by everybody in this thread
For bringing up psychology earlier you sure don't know confirmation bias!
>>
Now I really am done. PMs maybe but no more posts in this thread.
/boldfaure
>>
>>64775246
you'd have made a point here if you'd actually made an argument this entire time

>>64775286
never come back, you're a autistic failure
>>
based burninate BTFOing autism ITT
>>
File: boldfaure.png (68 KB, 594x655) Image search: [Google]
boldfaure.png
68 KB, 594x655
just received this DM

punished boldfaure: a fallen autist
>>
File: ..jpg (80 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
..jpg
80 KB, 640x640
https://rateyourmusic.com/~floatings

re-listened to kid a and it's still a shitty overbearing mess outside of the title track and maybe some other song i cbf to remember

o well

>>64775177
>>64775140
fools!
>>
>>64775536
You do realize nothing I said in that is different from ITT?
>>
File: image.png (130 KB, 634x516) Image search: [Google]
image.png
130 KB, 634x516
https://rateyourmusic.com/~EtInArcadiaEgo
>>
File: Just KMFDM my shit up.jpg (51 KB, 275x275) Image search: [Google]
Just KMFDM my shit up.jpg
51 KB, 275x275
>>64768347
ayy i also got my reviewing privileges revoked
https://rateyourmusic.com/~duartemartinho
>>
>>64775589
Hi
>>
>>64775578
i think it's funny how you're trying to negotiate with my directly when i said i don't care about my online persona

you still say you're going to insult people who have less knowledge than you, you're still concerned by my rating of albums (and others too) and you still take music far too seriously

i'm humbled about how this is a semi apology but you're still acting as if you're the classical music police, when in reality, people can say or rate whatever they want about music and trying to verbally beat them down makes you the asshole

also what's with telling everybody to grow up and calling them a child in the comment boxes?
>>
>>64769042
highonbatwings is cancerous, really really awful

all these people are really depressed and self-loathing though
>>
is there a RYMer worse than boldfaure?
>>
>>64775879
that guy who reviews everything with a list of bullet points then gives it a school grade at the end
>>
>>64773078
good job dude
>>
>>64773884
I refuse to believe you are actually boldfaure because nobody could be this unaware and ridiculous

please just shut the fuck up you petulant child
>>
>>64774765
yup, it's fucking pathetic

hilarious too
>>
Average: 3.63
Weighted Average: 3.57

Film Average: 3.21
Weighted film average: 3.22

Weighted distribution for music:

0.5: 1.02%
1.0: 1.44%
1.5: 1.71%
2.0: 3.99%
2.5: 6.69%
3.0: 15.61%
3.5: 22.39%
4.0: 26.47%
4.5: 13.08%
5.0: 7.55%

Weighted distribution for film:

0.5: 2.77%
1.0: 3.80%
1.5: 4.29%
2.0: 7.71%
2.5: 10.09%
3.0: 17.61%
3.5: 19.17%
4.0: 19.46%
4.5: 9.16%
5.0: 5.93%
>>
>>64775903
marsbars and limedibagels?
>>
>>64776468
marsbars i think but yes they're both cancer
>>
>>64776448
>only 14,85% of music ratings are 2.5 or less

wow RYM think only 15 albums out of 100 albums are shitty (assuming having a score of 3 or more means non shitty)
>>
>>64775879
epithalamion
thecrystalbird
highonbatwings
>>
>>64776585
because people dont bother listening to an album if they have heard its shit or they just quit 3 tracks in, unless u are an autistic fuck
>>
What is the 4chan equivalent of rym bull of heaven
>>
>>64776585
it's a lot to do with how people look fondly upon albums released before the site existed, like 70s and 80s classics, because the people who didn't like these albums either don't remember them or don't care enough to rate them
>>
>>64776606

Limedibagels
mrmungbean
marsbars
mookid
sol_fuc
hugdeserver
boundaryfuss
>>
>>64776639
that thread on /i/ that has been up for 3 years
>>
>>64776550
you should probably take off your trip bruther

mods might see and ban you
>>
>>64776632
>because people dont bother listening to an album if they have heard its shit or they just quit 3 tracks in, unless u are an autistic fuck
if people arent going to downrate stuf, we could just go back to facebook/billboard charts style voting, where ou can only give thumb ups
>>
>>64776673
ops, I mean the /mu/ equivalent of rym bull of heaven.

bull of heaven seen to have a feud with rym,
>>
>>64773149
Lmao
>>
>>64776675
if the mods ban me because they are extending the rym jurisdiction to any site they please then i wouldn't want to be a part of the site anymore anyway, censorship at its finest

>>64776676
it's already like that because you can't give something 0 stars
>>
>>64775718
Hello
>>
>>64776713
bull of heaven only had a feud with Poohkali didn't they?
>>
>>64776667
Hey now what's wrong with boundaryfuss or hugdeserver.
>>
>>64776585
>wow RYM think only 15 albums out of 100 albums are shitty
I am actually testing this idea
I am listening to albums I get here
http://rateyourmusic.com/misc/random
right now I listened to 15 random albums and hated all them
>>
>>64777058
The vast majority of music, or any artform really, is shit so what did you expect.
>>
>>64776923

genuinely hope you drown in whichever body of water you enter next
>>
>>64777254
they're just kids, wtf is your problem dude
>>
>>64777083
>The vast majority of music, or any artform really, is shit so what did you expect.
I am just searching the specific % they represent

As some example, some people say 80% of all music sucks, others say 95% of music sucks .

Anyway, this is also a greate way to expand your musical horizons, and its not a hard or time consuming thing to do (if someone is afraid of wasting his time).
>>
>>64777278

>19
>kids
>>
>>64777299
Well that's all fine and good, and I guess it could be an interesting idea to find new things; personally I wouldn't bother with listening to genres/artists I already know I'm not into but that's just me
>>
>>64777332
don't be close-minded
>>
>>64777352
;__;
>>
>>64777330
Everybody 25 and under are kids anon
>>
>>64777387

No.
>>
>>64777400
You'll see it when you're older yourself. they just don't know any better
>>
>>64777413
Is this boldfaure calling people children again?
>>
GUYS

>A Moon Shaped Pool
>A Moon S. Pool
>Moonspool

Radiohead confirmed for avant-teen
>>
>>64777490
what's a Moonspool?
>>
File: qek.jpg (33 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
qek.jpg
33 KB, 320x320
>>64772874
>in a flash our lives together was over in an instant

Anyway. What is YOUR favorite Musique Concrete album? What Musique have YOU listened to for Musique Concrete May?

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/basil_kirchin/worlds_within_worlds/ is definitely one of the best.

https://rateyourmusic.com/~wawbax
>>
boldfaure your seriously dumb
>>
>>64772931
l_s has nearly 200 dark ambient ratings, though he tends to inflate their grades a bit much imo
>>
>>64777579
an avant-teen grill
>>
File: 1462142891973.jpg (23 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1462142891973.jpg
23 KB, 500x400
https://rateyourmusic.com/~TipsyFish
>>
>>64778121
is she hot?
Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.