[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This album saved my life.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (73 KB, 806x806) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73 KB, 806x806
>>
>>64759853
The album is decent, but shut the fuck up.
>>
Flor flor flor flor
>>
>>64759938
what?
>>
>>64759955
Florida floridada floridada
>>
>>
>>64759853
damn now i have even more reason to hate it
>>
File: image.jpg (343 KB, 1858x1628) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
343 KB, 1858x1628
Does twenty one pilots remind anyone else of Animal Collective
>>
>>64760577
Nah.
>>
kind of same i've been planning on killing myself but i already bought tickets to see ac in november so i have to at least wait until then. so it's keeping me alive for the time being lol if it hadn't come out and if ac hadn't started touring i would have done it already
>>
anyone listened to those live shows they released? natural selection is actually good live, go figure.
>>
>>64759853
your live must have been literal shit lmao
>>
that shit sound like fanboy and chum chum
>>
>>64760630
If something as trivial as a concert can make you reconsider suicide, then you do not truly wish to die
>>
>>64759853
>>
sounds like fanboy and chum chum. the theme song.
>>
>>64760727
oh no i'm definitely still going to kill myself but i'm just waiting until after the show
>>
>>64759853
Are you amazed that you survived?
>>
>>64760771
don't
>>
>>64760771
>keep buying concert tickets
>live forever
anon, are you retarded?
>>
anyone have downloads for the recent live albums they put out?
>>
What did you think of these 2 officially released bad boys? http://anmlcollectve.bandcamp.com/
>>
>>64761151
fonda show is in the archive
>>
File: a1725295584_10.jpg (194 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
a1725295584_10.jpg
194 KB, 1200x900
>>64761196
forgot pic related

>>64761196
also seconding this
>>
>>64759853
you need t listen to more music, this was pretty weak
>>
>>64761216
Where's the archive?
>>
>>64760577
You have to stop with this
>>
>>64761360
>what is google
It's down right now btw
>>
>>64760771
This album sucks I saw them in February and the old tracks were so much better than what they played off PW so kill yourself now and give your tickets away
>>
That album came out at the beginning of the most depressing point in my life. If anything, it almost encouraged me to kill myself. It felt like the world saying, "There's nothing here for you."
>>
>>64760577
The singer of Twenty One Pilots is the only person in music I've every really felt a desire to punch.
>>
>>64761937
>singer

u wot m8
>>
File: images (1).jpg (27 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
27 KB, 384x384
This one saved mine, I was looking into ending my life but I came across it and man, it just blew me off.
>>
>>64760577
pls stop. you're not gonna make this happen.
>>
>>64762094
i know this feeling. it made me happy for the first time in 5 years.
>let down
>paranoid android
>climbing up the walls
>exit music
>>
>>64759853
Too bad, wish you'd have become an hero.
>>
>>64760577
you have to go back?
>>
it's good OP and good luck out there
>>
File: in the aeroplane over the sea.jpg (1 MB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
in the aeroplane over the sea.jpg
1 MB, 900x900
>>
>Hz 6/10
>PW 4/10
>Most of PB stuff below 5

I think Fantano hates AnCo.
>>
>>64762133
Let Down was my savior, it really made me feel understood, everything in my life was falling apart and man, it just helped me like no one did.
>>
>>64760577
I've never heard of twenty one pilots.
>>
>>64762042
It's slang for person who sings.
>>
>>64762302
Outside of Sleep Cycle (which - what do you know - is the only one not to get a proper release,) Animal Collective haven't done anything of worth since ODDSAC. He gave Painting With an accurate score. I think that his rating of Centipede Hz is one point to high, but hey, it came out in a time when we didn't realize to what degree Animal Collective had fallen, and that extra point was probably provoked by some amount of hope, a hope that even Animal Collective seem to express on Centipede Hz, which is completely absent from Painting With.
>>
>>64763715
idk i enjoyed transverse temporal gyrus
>>
>>64763780
That was recorded at the same time as ODDSAC, which is why it's their best post ODDSAC release. They were wise to wait a couple of years to release it.
>>
>le album stopped me from cutting xD
At this point, you actually should kys.
>>
>>64764984
True
>>
>>64763715
PW is not that bad. Hocus Pocus, Burglars, Golden Gals, Recycling are all good tracks. One of the big changes was not AnCo's philosophy of music, but the open-mindedness of the listeners. They kept doing their thing, i.e. commitment to sound palettes they hadn't heard before, focus on texture, and well written pop melodies, but the people that fell in love with that back when nobody had heard that before in 2009 spent the last 7 years listening to everything they've got, and the method and their sensibilities now lack maybe their biggest selling point, their novelty. Now that we know what to expect they're going to have a hard time surprising anybody. I won't deny that they've been putting out worse music, but context does matter, and it is coloring people perception of the band. They had trite, boring, and over indulgent stuff on both Feels and SJ too, but nobody talks about it because it's in the past and they romanticize it.
>>
>>64760771
anon no
>>
>>64765557
I'm so sick of this argument. It's not the change in style that makes it a poor album, it's the result. The album sounds like a complete white flag. They sound completely defeated on this album, like they're accepting that they're no longer capable of what they once were. At least on Centipede Hz, it sounded like they wanted to believe that they were capable of making a great album.
>>
>>64760771
Bud, don't do this.
>>
>>64761360
REEEEEAD THE FUCKING STICKY
>>
>>64763715
>The album didn't feel like it had hope
I mean I didn't really like PW either but this is some hardcore grasping man.
>>
>>64760771
treat depression with buprenorphine ;))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
>>
>>64760577
they aren't the same band?
>>
>>64760771
but the new Star Wars trilogy isn't over, anon.
>>
File: The Black Parade.jpg (634 KB, 1680x1680) Image search: [Google]
The Black Parade.jpg
634 KB, 1680x1680
This album was the first thing that really excited me in a long time.

Rip in peace ;_;7.
>>
>>64765914
Maybe they just wanted to make music for fun. Have you considered that?
Not every single release has to be 'great' or epic.
>>
>>64766406
do real heroin instead you fucking bitch
>>
>>64766513
I agree completely anon. Most anco albums are these big epic releases and it seems like they just wanted to do some poppy radio tunes for once. Shame that fans are always so picky, although it probably wasn't a good idea to do something like this directly after CHz
>>
>>64766498
If we're going with OP's idea I'd have to go with TCFSR but TBP is the better album.
>>
>>64766866
Damn...
>>
>>64765914
Everything about your reply is vague and subjective. If anything I think PW sounds like them doing a bit of healing after Avey's postpartum depression in the wake of MPP's success. He wrote some good songs, and while Panda's schtick gets a little old, the album is full of solid songs with good production on another strange and unique palette. You're shortsighted and jaded, coupled with, yea, some less confident output, and so that band you just heard about with this incredibly eclectic backlogue that are doing something strange and novel has become "oh, anco just doing their old thing, trying to relive the glory days (which most people weren't even listening to them during)"

PW is a reaction to them trying really hard on CHz and failing because they forced it. So instead they said "lets just write some songs and get this thing back on track". The album's good, not great, but good, and I think that's a totally fair assessment. Better than CHz, and I see this as forward momentum. Hopefully. Really I think Avey's doing fine, but I fucking hated Grim Reaper, and Panda's influence is honestly the worst part about PW. They should get rid of Panda for the next one and do an Avey/Deakin/Geo album.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.