[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw I used to pretend to like post-punk but grew out of it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: glad pepe.jpg (17 KB, 240x232) Image search: [Google]
glad pepe.jpg
17 KB, 240x232
>tfw I used to pretend to like post-punk but grew out of it

Man going back to this genre it's just artsy shite

some goth style post-punk like Closer, older Swans, Bauhaus, certain coldwave bands, maybe Swell Maps and Pere Ubu still go. But in general it's just trash senpai.
>>
How the fuck did you "grow out" of it if you were never actually liked it to begin with?
>>
>>64754892
/thread

Your ignorance of the genre is laughable. Also the fact that you consider Pere Ubu not "artsy shite".
>>
Once you realize it was just a bunch of pretentious white kids stealing black music and playing it badly you understand it was never good.

And jesus fuck what is up with the captchas lately?
>>
>>64754926
well it is kinda artsy but it has clear pop sensibility to it
>>
>>64754954
>white kids stealing black music
the fuck are you talking about boy?
>>
did you just namedrop mall-level shit that you found last year for the sake of being contrary
>>
http://youtu.be/MrfvGqK5PXg
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 300x300
I don't know how you think you can say shit when you clearly haven't dug into the genre hardly at all
>>
>>64755013
aw fuck this is tight
>>
>>64755027
how would you know how deep i've dug? in fact i'm certain i've dug deeper than you
>>
Can we make this poor excuse of a bait into a /post-punk/ thread?

Bitches don't know about Dog Faced Hermans and that grinds my gears

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae4iosypyfE
>>
>>64755000
>>64755040
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I35Ums8Yzaw
>>
>>64755128
literally everyone and their mothers know them
>>
>>64755209
No post-punk threads in this site are usually just spamming the same old classics frick you.
>>
>>64754843
Bet you've never listened to early Felt, to early Clock DVA, the Raincoats, or to Lizzie Mercer Descloux's debut, pal. Then there's British reggae artists who were influenced by the post-punk scene to evolve into a more musically adventurous form, such as Steel Pulse and Aswad. You haven't heard the last of post-punk, so to speak.

Yes, it's all artsy shite, but it can also be pop music that doesn't lose its hookiness when experimenting with non-rockist instrumentation and styles.
>>
if you're not a marxist or anarchist, you can't really be a post-punk fan
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.