[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>“I believe in glamour. You oughta stop the mind trip a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: Young-Lou.jpg (34 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Young-Lou.jpg
34 KB, 600x600
>“I believe in glamour. You oughta stop the mind trip a little and get into the physical trip a little. If you think somebody who’s smart is good, you should see someone who’s smart and beautiful. Tom Waits? Why would I want to listen to him, he’s ugly and grubby. I don’t give a fuck if he’s good. It’s not Elvis Costello, where if you’re really smart you’ve got to look like a fuckin’ banker with fuckin’ glasses. People call him four eyes for a reason. How can you look at him and get off? When you go to the movies now, all the stars are ugly. Who cares about Dustin Hoffman? I want glamour.”
>“Blondie’s not my type, although I’m sure there are people who find her attractive. I don’t like niggers like Donna Summer. Jeff Beck’s all right as long as you don’t look closely at his skin. Why doesn’t he get sanded? I think Bryan Ferry and Tom Petty look all right.”
>>
What?
>>
File: 1454981853656.png (1 MB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
1454981853656.png
1 MB, 1280x544
>Lou was not able to function at that time. He was depressed, anxious, and socially unresponsive. If people came into our home, he hid in his room. He might sit with us, but he looked dead eyed, non-communicative. I remember one evening when all of us were sitting in our den, watching television together. Out of nowhere Lou began laughing maniacally. We all sat frozen in place. My parents did nothing, said nothing, and ignored it as if it was not taking place.

Racist and introverted. Was he one of us?
>>
>>64754599
This is a good imitation of the tone of a Lou Reed interview, but the Donna Summer part gave you away.

You can't into male aesthetics if you think Hoffman and Waits with their chiselled features are ugly though.
>>
>>64754752
it's real
>>
>>64754779
Well, fuck. The dude probably never ever got laid if he came on as whiny as that. I remember listening to Take No Prisoners once, and the dude was whining about Andy Warhol abandoning him and his crew, and about Christgau being a foot fetishist (which was actually kinda funny). Jeez, Lou, why were you such a miserable guy with the talents you had?
>>
He said this in jest.
He openly spoke about how innovative and entertaining Tom Waits was in his entire career.
In commonplace, Lou pretended to be dramatically materialistic in response to a silly question from an interviewer.
>>
>>64754920
>Lou reed
>never ever got laid
ok
>>
>>64754599
>falling for Reed's b8
He would say literally anything that he thought would get a reaction out of people
>>
>>64754993
this is the way it was before the internet/social media. musicians would be huge dicks to journalists to sort of give themselves a badass persona. look at the early nardwuar interviews with nirvana, sonic youth, lydia lunch, and blur. they are just trying really seem cool. internet killed the rockstar by taking away all mystique and allure, musicians are now too accesible. back then you heard about them through magazines, radio, or word of mouth. now it's super important for musicians to be likeable and nice in interviews, otherwise ppl would shit all over them.
>>
>>64755124
Musicians have just found a new way of trolling journalists, which is pretending to be stupid. Watch an Ariel Pink interview sometimes, he's a master of pretending to be a sufferer of acid burnout. Wavves is also a practitioner.
>>
File: a shig supreme.jpg (508 KB, 925x925) Image search: [Google]
a shig supreme.jpg
508 KB, 925x925
>>64754599
>>64754752
>>64754920
>taking a Lou Reed interview seriously
It's common knowledge that the man hated music journalists and loved to fuck with them.
>>
File: 250px-Moises_Arias_2010.jpg (15 KB, 250x286) Image search: [Google]
250px-Moises_Arias_2010.jpg
15 KB, 250x286
>>64755212
>pretending
>>
>>64754671
is that his sister?
she's a qt
>>
>>64755268
yep thats her
>>
>>64755280
i like her
>>
>>64755235
If that's the case then this is fucking hilarious. I knew he was a dick to them but I didn't know he would just lie to fuck with them.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.