[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/prod/ - Music Production General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
Handsome POTUS edition

only use clyp.it if you want to share sounds with us

!!!NO SOUNDCLOUD LINKS!!!
>>
>tfw have cheap lap top
>tfw it fucks up and now I can't make music
It was acting funny, so I decided to restore it to factory state. Something went wrong and now it only boot loops and nothing works. Apparently it might be a problem with the hard drive.
>>
>>64743667
you might have to reset the CMOS
>>
Bros!
I got a Sugar Bytes bundle pack with some of their VSTs, and i higly reccomend it.

anyone know anymore slight less known VSTs that are pretty good?
>>
anyone else here listen to death grips? their production is consistently outstanding.

it would be really interesting to see how they produce and what their setups are like.

they probably have 7 separate distortion modules lel
>>
>>64743948
You have any song in particular for me to take a look?
>>
>>64744093
im already taking a look with various mastering and audio insight softwares

spikes is from their latest album "bottomless pit" and is my favorite DG song ever

they do some interesting vocal mixing throughout, including stereoizing the lead vocal during the chorus and using an extremely loud vocal that sounds like it has an enormous amount of digital distortion on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvNLFpwAdBc
>>
>>64743741
>>64743667
Reset your CMOS. You might have fucked up your boot record, in which case, you might have to just format it and install a fresh OS on it.
>>64743887
Why do you want slightly less-known VSTs? What's wrong with bigger companies? Get Slate's latest bundle, it's pretty good. If you can't afford it, just torrent it.
>>
>>64744279
The bigger companies i own already.
I mean, massive, sylenth, nexus, the waves synths are all very good. but sometimes you need something new to spark some inspiration

Thanks for the tips, i'll look into them.
>>
>>64744473
>>64744279

I got this synth called "wiggle"

you can do some kinda interesting things with it
>>
>>64744588
This wiggle sounds cool, i like it
>>
File: logo[1].png (6 KB, 270x78) Image search: [Google]
logo[1].png
6 KB, 270x78
I've got two invite codes for AudioNews if anyone is interested. First come first serve.
>>
Any articles on how to mix drums well? I'm working in GarageBand, it seems no matter what I do the kick drum and snare "eat" away each other. I either hear one or the other. I'm simply learning and trying software instruments so far.
>>
>>64744822
The snares are supposed to hit be slightly earlier than the drums so it doesn't steal alway the punch.

like put it 1/128 or 1/64 earlier than the kick whatever sounds best.

Also, cut the lows from the snare, it's just noise, you wouldn't want it.
>>
>>64744867
Thanks for the tips.
>like put it 1/128 or 1/64 earlier than the kick whatever sounds best.
Noob question: what's the preferrable way to do that in garageBand? Simply move the snare notes 1/128 back?
>>
>>64744822
What kind of music are you trying to make?
>>64744867
Mileage may vary with this.
>>
>>64744937
I never used garageband but thats how you do in every other daw
>>
>>64744964
I agree that it may vary.
Worth a try tho
>>
>>64744713
sure why not
>>
https://clyp.it/bz1200vp
mix feedback pls
i just threw limiters on everything
>>
>>64744822
You want to be able to EQ and compress (if necessary) each individual drum. Add some low end to the snare fundamentals, maybe boost some highs beyond 5k. Add also some low end to the kick, take a bit of the mids out to make room for the snare. Send both to a mix bus and compress it slightly.

>>64744867
>cut the lows from the snare, it's just noise, you wouldn't want it.
I would agree with this but it has to be determined where the lows are. I would agree to do a HPF at some point but it depends on the type of snare you have. The fundamentals of the snare I would argue you need to keep in.
>>
>>64745126
Sure, you are absolutely right.
I mean cut the subs that comes with the snares so it doesn't clash with the kick.
>>
>>64744964
I was trying to understand basics of rock mixing, make something like Metallica's black album.
>>
>>64745293
Then you want to mix your drums separately. Most modern sample libraries will allow you to process your drums within their plugin software. Kontakt and Abbey Road drums comes to mind, their UI is quite good. Learn how to mix rock drums first before trying hit the ground running with plugins and assuming it's going to sound good.
>>
Trump = cuckservatives
>>
>>64745461
Yeah, I was already mixing them separately since it's obvious that kicks and snares are different entities.
>>
>>64745836
Can you provide a clip of the issue you're having?
>>
>>64743741
>>64744279
Hmm... I checked Google for information about resetting the CMOS and it said stuff about doing it through the BIOS menu. I looked around in the BIOS but now I'm sort of lost on what to do... I don't think I see anything about CMOS.
>>
Anyone here record #realinstruments?

Whats your opinion on tracking a band live vs overdubs?
>>
>>64745862
you have to open up the laptop and remove a little battery or plastic cap or something along those lines
>>
>>64745877
>record scratch track with guitars and voice
>record drums
>record actual guitar tracks
>bass I guess
>keys if they're there
>then finally voice tracks

if you track the band live, you're basically asking for mic bleed issues, and a shitty sound. but it's kvlt I guess
>>
>>64745862
>>64745909
If you're on a laptop a CMOS reset likely won't work. You can try removing the CMOS battery. Unplug your laptop charger, take out your main battery (if it's removable), open up your laptop, take out the tiny CMOS battery and let it sit for 30 seconds to ensure the CMOS is cleared. It isn't a direct setting in the BIOS.

If you can get into your BIOS anyway, then you shouldn't need to reset your CMOS as you can change settings there. Restore defaults in your BIOS and see if it works.
>>
>>64745909
Oh shit. My laptop doesn't have the removable battery. I'm at college right now, but I assume I'll have to screw it open and the batter will be in there? I apologize for my lack of knowledge.
>>
>>64745981
I did reset to default settings but it hasn't worked and it still boot loops.
Someone did tell me that it might be a problem with my hard drive. Does that sound correct?
>>
>>64745944
thanks man i can understand where you're coming from. Thing that im attracted to is there energy. I gotta record a punk band and they kinda naturally speed up and slow down in sections and to put that down to a click would be a bitch. the bleed is definitely a major issue tho
>>
>>64746039
It is a problem with your hard drive. Sounds like a format issue. The best thing you can do is format a fresh copy of whatever OS you're using on it.. It would likely solve your problem but you would lose all existing data on the hard drive.
>>
>>64746116
What do you mean format a copy?
The laptop is a little hp laptop running Windows 10. I don't mind losing all of my data, it was pretty much my goal anyway.
>>
Here's what I'm working on now, any suggestions? https://clyp.it/odjj33q1

>>64745842

See the link. I think the problem is solved now.
>>
>>64744713
[email protected] pl0x
>>
>>64746310
needs more distortion
>>
>>64746283
By format I mean completely wipe the hard drive and install Windows 10 from either a DVD or USB. It will solve your problems and run faster.

Either burn that to a DVD or use RUFUS to install it on a USB.

> Windows 10
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10
> Rufus
https://rufus.akeo.ie/

You can activate it later using KMS Spico or your own key or whatever.

>>64746427
Sending...

>>64746310
Needs more compression on the snare (probably a lot more) and kick. Also try compressing the drums in a bus with the high hats and everything routed to it.
>>
>>64746525
By format I mean completely wipe the hard drive and install Windows 10 from either a DVD or USB. It will solve your problems and run faster.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me. It's really appreciated
I'll have to do it through a USB. As of right now, I don't have more questions. But if I run into something, I'll be back! Thanks again!
>>
>>64746525
>>64746789
Didn't mean to add that first paragraph.
>>
>>64746814
>>64746789
No worries.
>>
>>64745877
Ideally you track the drums with a live band, but with the guitarists etc either playing into interface and into the drummers headphones, or with them in separate rooms and mics, all feeding into the drummers headphones.

Once you have the drum tracks recorded, and the ghost tracks from the other instruments recorded at the same time, you can go through each instrument and record their part again, doing it right and adding all the effects, layers, doubling, etc. This also works best with players schedules, as everyone who isn't the drummer can record their parts at their convenience, and wherever they like. You only have to set up the whole band once and usually you want to track an album over a week or two, so its good to have a rehearsal room or other such space you can leave everything set up in.

This chick talks about mixing a bit, quite interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ksVA69HICE&app=desktop

could be a cool channel to follow. Certainly /prod/ as fuck

I fugue:
https://clyp.it/3sedjfft
>>
https://clyp.it/4zqwaalb

Bamboo beat! I really outdid myself this time.
>>
>>64747876
Also I'm sorry but clyp.it really mangled the high frequencies. We need to find a better upload website guys.
>>
>>64743558
7/11 was an inside job.
>>
>>64743558
Why does Drumf wanna build a wall around 7/11? I know Muslims work there, but that's no excuse.
>>
>>64747958
Because the muslims won't share the secret of their sick nasheeds with us.
>>
>>64745805
I know I'm not suppose to reply, but goddamn is this some low-quality bait.
>>
>>64744713
>>64746525
hey I was actually looking for an invite today

[email protected]

I have unlimited upload so ill seed 24/7
>>
Ayy, lads, trying to get into /prod/.
Where to start?
>>
File: dancing baby.gif (223 KB, 220x200) Image search: [Google]
dancing baby.gif
223 KB, 220x200
>>64749122
Well congrats! You just made your first post in prod!
>>
https://clyp.it/em24uc5e

Far from complete, needs work especially the beginning.
I'm taking any feedback, thanks.
>>
made a short one today, how's my sidechaining?

https://clyp.it/luy20ej1
>>
>>64749021
AudioNews is down right now but I'll send you an e-mail with the activation code when it's up.
>>
>>64750564
Thanks mate you are mvp
>>
audionews down for anyone else?
>>
>>64752223
back up
>>
>>64749122
>https://clyp.it/em24uc5e
you start with getting utorrent and finding a daw you like

i'd recommend ableton live
>>
>>64750094
put chorus on those bells
a snare would go a long way too
>>
>>64750999
sent.
>>
>>64750261
your sidechain is fine; albeit perhaps it could do bit a bit less. i feel like your track would improve a whole lot if you made a melody variation on second half (0:38)
>>
trump op's used to piss me off but now i just laugh at how hard /pol/ fangirls over him and how abdly they want to start another EPIC LE SONDCLEUD KIDD ARGUMENT XDDD
>>
yo /prod/ is this any good?

https://clyp.it/fy1le50n

just a loop right now.
>>
>>64753444
>https://clyp.it/fy1le50n
get a snare with some low end
also some bass would smooth things out
quality stuff tho
whats your soundcloud?
>>
>>64753511

thanks for the feedback.

https://soundcloud.com/vine-plaga
>>
>>64753444
did you sample any of those instrumental elements and if so who from, mr. based trips?
>>
>>64753555
good lord
>>
>>64753555
nice trips yourself man.

yeah, the sample is Bolivia by Gato Barbieri with Lonnie Smith
>>
File: 1413910259083.jpg (36 KB, 308x396) Image search: [Google]
1413910259083.jpg
36 KB, 308x396
God damnit is there a single legit download source for ToonTrack.Superior.Drummer.Custom.And.Vintage.SDX.Expansion

fml
>>
>tfw moved into a new place with shitty blinds and no curtains and now sunlight is hitting my setup
JUST DUST MY SHIT UP
>>
>>64753939
yes but you have to download the three or so parts

and then it's a bit autistic to install

google it
>>
>>64754007
clean your shit you disgusting animal
>>
>>64754031
I googled each of the 3 part couldn't find a single tracker. And I'd have to destroy my ratio on Audionews. ;-;
>>
>>64754033
i dusted yesterday lol there's already a layer of dust forming that's super apparent now because everything in my set up is black and in direct sunlight
>>
what's something that would be worth it to get in hardware form as opposed to just downloading a software version?
>>
>>64754055
RIP my nigga

it's not like the drumkit makes so much difference

the processing is more important with contemporary music

unless you're going for that specific lounge jazz drum sound
>>
>>64753676
Aw hell yeh should have guessed. South Am jazz goes.

The stuff on your soundcloud is mental. You ever try getting some lyricism on those instrumentals? If I wasn't busy as fuck atm I'd ask to collab.
>>
>>64754140
You're right. Any recommended VSTs to vintage my sound up senpai?
>>
>>64754142
it's strange bro, a few people aked me for beats rap/sing over (one dude even payed 50$ for one) but i never heard back from anyone.
>>
>>64754179
uh

distortion and transient shaping vsts i guess
>>
>>64754230
different guy here

i get the distortion but why the transient shaper?
>>
File: FullSizeRender.jpg (1 MB, 3155x2366) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender.jpg
1 MB, 3155x2366
>>64754216
Yeh the beat selling scene got pretty wack around the time that any and every male over the age of 13 started thinking they're a rapper. It's just really over-saturated now.
However for work like yours that's not as run of the mill you might still be marketable, but I wouldn't even trip bout it. If it happens it happens. That's kind of how I'm looking at my shit. If I can pull profit, so be it, if not, I'm still having a good time.
>>
>>64754353
well those are pretty essential for any drums processing imo

a really great one just came out by flux, bittersweet pro. give that a shot.
>>
>>64754417
exactly the way i think, not really sweating it.

i just love smoking just a very teeny tiny bit of weed and making pretty shit
>>
progress on that Bolivia beat.

https://clyp.it/1m3r4vej

This is the place i usually get stuck, i get a loop sounding the way i like, but then i struggle adding variety and arranging it.
>>
>>64754135
shitloads of things, but nobody really feels like spoonfeeding you
>>
>>64754640
Not him but.. I'm confused, isn't the point of these threads to help each others and to give advice?
>>
>>64754179
http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?id=1309
https://www.izotope.com/en/solutions/create-and-design/vinyl.html.html

Your welcome.

If you don't fall in love with those, then tube dist no doubt can do the job. Splurge on some really nice filters also it'll make a huge difference.

>>64754353
I'm guessing transient shaper is just to get that bite that you might lose while mudding up/distorting your shit. Light compression can achieve the same thing anyway.

>>64754567
Mess with those drum patterns. Import a lot of atonal audio into the project and just start chopping it up and placing it anywhere. That's what I do but with natural foley.

http://www.xeno-canto.org/explore/region

This site lets you DL random bird sounds from all around the world. It's a gem.
>>
>>64754640
speak for yourself you self-important waste of life lol
>>64754135
maybe a sampler if you dont like software samplers or just want something different, maybe some kind of effects thing like a kaoss pad or a pedal that interests you... maybe a synth? depends on what you're looking for really
>>64754748
that's exactly the point, that guy is just being a dick who thinks his time and effort answering a simple question is worth way more than it actually is
>>
>>64754750
thanks for the advice bro. trying it out
>>
>>64754748
most of the time people who ask that question like that are just doing it to antagonize people for buying hardware
>>64754774
>self-important waste of life
the ironicality
>>
>>64754824
>most of the time people who ask that question like that are just doing it to antagonize people for buying hardware
except no because i dont think that's literally ever happened in /prod/
>the ironicality
are you sure you know the meaning of that word?
>>
File: 1462764592632.gif (1 MB, 320x213) Image search: [Google]
1462764592632.gif
1 MB, 320x213
>>64754824
>>64754963
>ironicality
>>
>>64754963
>are you sure you know the meaning of that word?
Do you also know what the word semantics means?

As per the other thing, you're willfully ignorant if you don't think there's the occasional anti-hardware shitpost.

>>64755021
It's a throwback to the last thread. It's clear the kid has been angered
>>
>>64755054
>Do you also know what the word semantics means?
yes, can't really see how it applies here though.
>you're willfully ignorant if you don't think there's the occasional anti-hardware shitpost
lol you're willfully ignorant or just have shitty reading comprehension if you thought that's what i was saying. i was saying i've never seen anyone make anti-hardware shitposts by first posing as a guy looking for hardware recommendations
>>
>>64755142
>can't really see how it applies here though.
Then let me spell it out for you. It's ironic that you call somebody a self-important waste of life, when saying that makes you seem like a giant douche. How you choose to define ironic doesn't matter to me, you skip the point I made to argue your definition of the word.
>>
>>64755305
>when saying that makes you seem like a giant douche
only if you take everything super seriously like you are right now (a noted hobby of, IRONICALLY, giant douches)
>skip the point i made
lol which one? i address all the stupid, stupid things you say

you however ACTUALLY skipped over how i just proved you wrong about hardware shitposts

going to continue calling me out for things that you are actually doing? lol
>>
you guys are starting to let the fact that you notice it's me turn you into a bunch of screaming idiots lol, it's like that one guy who got super pissed at me for saying that believing in nephilims was weird
>>
>>64755396
yeah, it's kind of weird. I don't really come to /prod/ anymore because of guys like >>64755348
throwing screaming shitfits

wasn't always like this here
>>
>>64755431
>screaming shitfits
i think you need to learn how to gauge anger from text. you dont have to be convulsing with rage to capitalize letters y'know, it's a common misconception
>>
>>64755396
believeing in nephilims is not weird you piece of shit.

fuck off this board autist
>>
>>64755469
I was agreeing with you dude. It's clear that this thread is filled with kids, just like you said. I was just citing that guy as an example.
>>
>>64755482
>what? fucking FEDORATHEISTLIBRULS thinking that there's something weird about believing in angels fucking human women to make a race of giants? THAT'S LITERALLY THE MOST NORMAL THING I'VE EVER HEARD FUCKING SOUNDCLOUD KID FUCK OFF
calm down
>>
>>64755482
Just googled that thing. Yeah, it's a pretty weird fringe thing to believe in.
>>
>>64755503
>you guys are starting to let the fact that you notice it's me turn you into a bunch of screaming idiots
i am both the posts you quoted, read words to reveal their meanings
>>
>>64755512
I like how he goes full autismo, and reveals that he's the soundcloud kid without anyone even mentioning it.
>>
>>64755580
it was established already

also you seem to be confusing mocking autism for actual autism
>>
see you guys? it's not even about memes this time, it's just the mouthbreather torchmob sensing my presence and trying to stir up shit because of it lol
>>
>>64755566
Wait, why would you throw a tantrum, and then complain about the very same thing in the next post? Are you trying to look like an idiot, or does it just happen to you naturally?
>>
I can already tell this thread is going to be a good read when I get back.
>>
File: a.jpg (79 KB, 716x768) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
79 KB, 716x768
DR PAVEL IM CIA
>>
>>64755595
>he cant handle autism being used as an insult on this site
why are you on 4chan again?
>>
>>64755638
>throw a tantrum
see: above post about gauging anger in text
>>64755792
>HURR WUTS THE MATTER LE SONDCLUED KIDDD CANT *HANDLE* MUH INSULT GAEM??????
where do you get such hilariously stupid ideas?
>>
>>64755877
>gauging anger over text
well the fact that you throw these tantrums every day is a pretty telling fact

I don't think you're convincing anyone that you're not mad. Yourself maybe?
>>
>>64755913
>tantrums
there's that word again. there are many free dictionaries online to help you sharpen your command of the english language.
>I don't think you're convincing anyone that you're not mad. Yourself maybe?
yeah, i must have a much less clear idea of what's happening inside my head than anonymous internet douches who believe in nephilims and hoarding their probably-worthless knowledge
>>
>>64755984
Why are you so fixated on my vocabulary? It seems like a pretty accurate way to describe these fits of rage. When I say tantrum, everybody tends to know what I mean.

And if you don't care what anons think about your temper tantrums, then why do you bother arguing with everybody about how not mad you are ?
>>
>>64756047
because it entertains me to interact with people at such an inbred level of stupidity who think they're getting one over on me somehow

just look at how hard you're trying to convince me and everyone else that i'm mad

it's exactly what i mentioned in the last thread, the UMAD??? game, a favourite of teenage edgelords across the internet lol
>>
>>64756096
I'm not trying to convince anybody that you're mad you're doing that all by yourself. I merely wondering why you're trying so hard to convince me that you're not mad
>>
>>64756133
well the answer is in the post you responded to, so thanks for proving my point about the intelligence level of the people who do this lol
>>
>>64756211
I like how part of your act is to act like you're smarter than everyone else while simultaneously being dumber than everyone else
>>
>>64756271
i'm certainly smarter than the people who are trying to tell me what emotions i'm currently feeling and believing that if i was actually mad i'd go on at length about how i'm not instead of just walking away like human people do when a thing is making them mad and they have no obligation to continue interacting with that thing lol

maybe i wouldnt have to pull intellectual superiority on you if you weren't literally as stupid as a person can be?
>>
>>64756344
In most cases, people who are very mad tend to go on about how not mad they are, versus the people who aren't really mad tend to walk away from situations where people call them mad when they really aren't, as they are usually level headed enough to make that decision when mad people are not.
>>
>>64756344
Bravo man, bravo. My favorite two acts. How unmad you are, and how totally smart you are. You are on actor of unparalleled skill.
>>
>>64756344
>as stupid as a person can be?
How unoriginally post-modern-ironic
>>
>>64756458
well like i told, you then re-pointed out to you, and now apparently need to mention a third time because you're THAT bad at processing information: it's entertaining to me when you idiots do this
>>
>>64756488
i'm not even claiming to be some kind of intellectual or something, i just know that i could run mental laps around these fucking inbreds lol
>>
>>64756559
I was merely clearing up some bizarre misconception you had about mad people. They usually go to great lengths to describe how not mad they are.
>>
>>64756615
Again! Again!
You are a master at your craft
>>
How do I make music on debian?

I want to make noise/ambient
>>
https://clyp.it/pnxec5ug
Scrap it or continue?
Haven't mixed with monitors yet because it's past midnight.
>>
>>64756729
Why do people always try to make music on a snowflake OS in these threads? It's not worth the audio driver headaches, let alone trying to find a compatible DAW. If you really think it is worth those headaches, you might as well code it yourself.
>>
>>64756617
i'm not gonna stop coming to /prod/ just because idiots keep trying to convince me i'm mad lol all that's left to do is try in vain to tell them what's going on in reality
>>
>>64756911
But you're in incessant need to explain to everybody how not mad you are is exactly why everybody thinks your mad all the time. It's also the same reason everybody thinks you're just a petty shitposter.
>>
>>64756967
lol so much so that they'll derail a thread when they see me telling off an actual shitposter who was being a dick to someone who was just asking a question?
>>
>>64756992
You find anything to derail a thread about. That's like...your thing.
>>
>>64756992
You are the actual shitposter though.
>>
>>64757059
shitposting is in the eye of the beholder, and anyone who doesnt think that first guy was a shitposter has soundcloud kid tunnel vision
>>64757025
i don't derail anything, i just respond to people who are talking to me. it's called being polite.
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 535x462) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 535x462
>>64757169
>i don't derail anything
PFAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHSHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHJSJHAHHAHSHSHAHAHSHA
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 640x960
>>64757169
>I don't derail anything
>>
looking for help updating a cracked ableton 9 live suite to a later version preferably 9.6 but 5 could do
Really want the new features
Ive been looking around but id like to know first hand if anyone else has done this and could use some info
thanks
>>
File: icon-van.jpg (36 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
icon-van.jpg
36 KB, 600x600
Are there any good tutorials for making gachimuchi songs? I don't know how to get started
>>
>>64750094
how the fuck do you manage to make these high-pitched synths audible ? Every time I try it sounds awful
>>
>>64756862
It's great, maybe add an ambiant sound or something to make it sound more atmospheric.
>>
>>64758089
Got any ideas?
>>
>>64758296
why dont you let sleeping shitfests lie?
>>
>>64758112
To me the core of the song is there, but it lacks both depth and amplitude. It could have more punch, and it lacks what I need to be immersed in a song.
Though I don't know exactly what you should do because there is a million different ways to do it and your style really differs from mine.
>>
>>64758296
inb4 assblasted kid reply
>>
>>64758362
>>64758296
holy shit lol so transparent

just admit you miss me when i'm gone
>>
>someone asks me how I got a certain sound
>I literally have no clue and don't remember making it at all
>go home and look at the project files
>literally baffled by everything I'm seeing and probably could never recreate it

has this happened to anyone else?
>>
>>64758446
you're soundcloud kid

ruining /prod/ is your entire life

you're never gone

until i backtrace your ip :^)
>>
File: 1454662452082.gif (4 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1454662452082.gif
4 MB, 480x360
How do I remove the high end screeching from this clip? I am trying to use an EQ but can;t find the right frequencies.

https://clyp.it/lea3w2cy

thanks kindly
>>
>>64757640
biting the bullet and trying it on my own
>>
>>64757640
>>64758619
people produce great music with nothing but a 100 bucks synth, do you REALLY need all these features anon?
>>
>>64758837
>people produce great music with nothing but a 100 bucks synth
no they don't
>>
rate my abomination
https://clyp.it/biabzq1t
>>
>>64758908
not even worth rating/10
>>
1 year of "progress" lads

https://clyp.it/in2c3gr1
5/2/16
https://clyp.it/2fv1wi1g
5/10/16
>>
>>64758956
if only you understood
>>
>>64758977
but that's like 8 days you dingus, who are you trying to fool?
>>
>>64758619
got it
works fantastically

thanks for letting me post my blog
>>
>>64759024
Damn can't even type 15 correctly
>>
/g/ checking in.

I was hoping /mu/ could help me specify a specific frequency instead of a note value in FL studio.

How would I go about doing that? Do I need a specific VST?
>>
>>64759441
Just find a synth VST that lets you output specified frequencies. FL might have a native synth that does it; not sure.

Don't think you can do it with a plain MIDI note.
>>
>>64759441
>open up any synth that can output a sine wave
>look in the EQ to see where the frequency of the note you're playing lands
>???
>profit
>>
>>64759441

MDA do a freeware one called TestTone:

http://mda.smartelectronix.com/
>>
https://clyp.it/nsancwvk

Been working on this for a minute.
It's coming together nicely.

>I just want my senpai to notice me..
>>
>>64759647
change lead to 303
make drums punchier
sidechain
do some knob twisting

its too clean dirty it up
>>
File: feelin it.gif (971 KB, 301x283) Image search: [Google]
feelin it.gif
971 KB, 301x283
>>64759647
it's poised to be somethin'
>>
>>64759647
I'm getting a com truise vibe from this. nice m8

also ideas on drop for this beat I've been working on? also how do I get rid of shit ass hiss on lead?

https://clyp.it/rb2rr22q
>>
>>64758977
>"progress"
At least you're self-aware anon

>>64758536
What is so special about this clip that gives you the need to salvage it? It's horrible and mind-numbingly generic in both a structural and sonic manner. Just start over.

My assumption is this is a preset on some synth and you're too autistic to know how to either disable or pitch down the certain oscillator making the hi-freq ring. In other words, lurk moar /prod/.
>>
File: 1454455807977.jpg (61 KB, 427x452) Image search: [Google]
1454455807977.jpg
61 KB, 427x452
>>64759441
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=frequency+to+note+conversion

cmon man
>>
https://clyp.it/jhikml5s

yo wuddup
>>
Wasn't there a pastebin for this general? Newbie here
>>
>>64760555
>https://clyp.it/jhikml5s
everything is good except the drums which are just awful
>>
>>64760566
fucktard trump cunt is too much of a lazy faggot to go into the archives to get it
>>
>>64760059
not everyone knows that frequencies convert to notes exactly... or maybe he's looking for some frequency between 2 notes

no reason to be all lmgtfy about it
>>
>>64760555
and i don't mean good as in good for /prod/
it's actually fantastic
would you be willing to let me put some drums on it?
>>
Yo, all, can i get a listen? I think this sounds like some shit that already exists, but I can't be sure.

https://clyp.it/n0msfqxo
>>
>Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/jew3GPCZ
>>
Sup /praud/! So i recently made a really fun recording with my hydrophones of a stream in the woods. It's really nothing special but it's kinda cool to hear the underwater perspective. Some people find it interesting or relaxing, other people see no purpose, I'm kinda 50/50 but whatever. It's what I did this week.

https://clyp.it/zcs0nakt
>>
hello my dudes. here you will find a collage of different movements sort of thrown together. i'm working with a lot of different synths and strings layered over one another, but my mixing skills are rudimentary at best. would you agree that at times there are lots of sounds all competing over one another? how do i 'de-clutter' the mix where this happens? is it a question of EQing or are there some more arcane arts i could employ to this end.

also, more general creative feedback on the arrangement/melodies/drums on this track would be invaluable. thanks.

https://clyp.it/ktl1ruwd
>>
>>64761335
you should by a cheap drum set you dont give a fuck about and then play it underwater and record it with those
>>
>>64761531
Ha! Well, although that does sound funner'n horsecocks, it would also be harder'n horsecocks. Probably not gonna happen breh but I like your moxie
>>
>>64758977
what do you use for drums pls
>>
how 2 four tet/burial drums? all the youtube tutorials on it suck
>>
>>64761579
The second track was an acidlab miami with parallel distortion and a parallel flanger on one of the tracks. (Kick and snare not flanged)
>>
>>64761893
the first track
>>
>>64761974
first track was just legowelts DR660 sample pack. It's under samples on here.

http://www.legowelt.com/
>>
>>64761467
>https://clyp.it/ktl1ruwd

I think this sounds pretty cool. The only weird thing I hear is that it is very "mid" based. I can't tell if the woodwind/flute sound is causing it, but there just seems to be a lot of air in the song.

I guess I would probably try some eq-ing and spread some of those mids out.

Sounds great otherwise!
>>
>>64761001
snare is fucking inaudible

>>64760555
You should probably just start over

>>64761783
Elaborate? They both cover so many styles with percussion I don't even know what the hell you're talking about.
>>
>>64762264
>>64761001 (You)
>snare is fucking inaudible

Cool, thanks man. Glad to hear it doesn't sound like some shit that already exists.
>>
>>64762341
that's because the snares are audible in things that exist
>>
>>64762433
I'm a little worried because I can hear snares on my system, so I'm not sure what the issue is.
>>
>>64762341
>inaudible
>unique
pick one

I'm not saying your track is bad, it's amazingly mediocre. But, if I can barely hear one of the main elements of the song, why even have it there?
>>
>>64762487
i was just being a dick, i hadn't even listened to it when i posted that lol

now that i'm listening on my dt880s i can hear the snare fine, it's not prominent really but it doesnt sound like you were trying to make it that way
>>
>>64762264
more of a burial thing, the muffled dub garage sound

how do i make hi hats sound like a 'ch' rather than a 'sh' sound
>>
Do any of you guys use Finale Songwriter? Or soundfonts?
>>
>>64762532
OK, I think I fixed it. Lemme know what u think.

https://clyp.it/nmpv2jf2
>>
>>64762600
Gotcha. Definitely transient shaping for the hat 'ch' which could also help get a nice bite on the kick and snare. Also, busing up diff groups of the set and EQing the bus can really conjoin the sound and make it sound more organic as opposed to when tweaking all the samples individually. After that I'd bounce what you have and do the lofi-ing after all the processing on one track.

I'd also bet burial uses some way of mixing in mic sends which you can do in superior drummer. But honestly just get good samples and you'll do well from there.
>>
File: 197669.jpg (103 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
197669.jpg
103 KB, 1024x768
>>64762855
>>
>>64763048
What? Just turnt up the snares for u dawg.
>>
File: frugg.png (14 KB, 489x423) Image search: [Google]
frugg.png
14 KB, 489x423
>>64763072
don't worry about it anon, i think he's drunk
>>
>>64760707
uhh yeah, what email? or just pm me @betsumusic on sc
>>
I don't know why I still get surprised every time /prod/ turns criticism into damage control. Your try-hard memery isn't going to cure that track of its cancer.
>>
>>64762341
post some of your music, cuck
>>
>>64763388
I think you replied to the wrong post
>>
>>64763471
damn, you right. fuck it
>>
File: time.jpg (128 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
time.jpg
128 KB, 1300x1300
>>64758977
THE CLOCK HAS GOTTEN TOO FAAAAAST
>>
>>64763388
>thinking I'll fall for talk shit post clyp get hit
Oop! Ya caught me!
>>
Portuguese fag here. What do you guys think of this?

https://clyp.it/t0mg0xn2
>>
File: ss+(2016-05-10+at+11.37.34).png (4 KB, 320x201) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-05-10+at+11.37.34).png
4 KB, 320x201
>>
>>64764561
4chan thinks that post is spam but yeah just look up >Implying we can discuss audio production and you should find the group

Group is only a few hours old so it's super inactive but if enough people join that will change
>>
>>64764821
>>64764561
the /prod/ discord is pretty chill too
https://discord.gg/0wV1D4bx3285TrmV
>>
>>64765164
awesome I'll check it out sometime
>>
>>64743558
Why do pics of the God Emperor keep getting taken down?
>>
What are some good plugins for bass distortion and just digital distortion in general?
>>
>>64765421
VSTi:
Starsynth 2 Bass

Distortion:
Cyanide 2
CamelCrusher
>>
>>64765476
Thanks any direct links? Im not too good with torrenting
>>
>>64765503
You should try out Google sometime

http://www.alexanderblu.com/AlexanderBlu/Download/download_13.htm
http://bram.smartelectronix.com/plugins.php?id=3
http://www.vstplanet.com/News/14/Camel-Crusher-free-VST-multi-effect-plug-in.htm
>>
>>64764189
Not bad. Nice and chill
>>
>>64765715
Thanks is this safe? Last time I visited a random site on google not even downloading a link I got malware so I'm just extra cautious about this stuff now
>>
>>64765785
>>
File: 3rd best black saxophone.jpg (94 KB, 648x394) Image search: [Google]
3rd best black saxophone.jpg
94 KB, 648x394
>>64765785
>>
Whats a better plugin for making basslines than massive
>>
>>64763388
>cuck
i think you posted on the wrong board also
>>
Hello /prod/. I come here with a simply yet seemingly difficult question regarding FL Studio. I'm struggling with high levels on most of my mixes. So I thought a nice way around it would be to make some kind of controller in Fl Studio that brought all of the channels or tracks down in unison. Basically bring all the sliders down together, so the overall level goes down without bringing down the master. How do you do this? Anyone know? Tried searching google but no go.
>>
im switching from fl studio because i hate the wm layout. what daw has objectively the best layout? ive been thinking ableton but there is a large quantity of daws on the market and thought i would ask here before learning something
>>
idk if /prod/ really applies to my music but im always looking for feedback

https://clyp.it/f4to30xd
>>
>>64766653
No one in /prod/ knows how to read sheet music
>>
>>64766804
i think you replied to the wrong post
>>
>>64766721

i think ableton's layout is really intuitive. i've been fucking around with it for about a year now and can't see myself switching. the push 2 looks pretty dope as well.

that being said, the only other daw i've spent extensive time in is pro tools, so take this for what it's worth.

i could see myself getting logic, but my pc is windows so that's not really an option.
>>
Three of my FX plugins in FL studio keep turning off. Stock reverb, chorus, and delay. Every time I click a track on the timeline or add something new to it they turn off on the WASP. I added a flanger to see what was what, and it of course didn't turn off, yet the others did. What can I do?
>>
>>64767039
my other option ive been considering is cubase. have you used itbefore?
>>
>>64767041
use vsts instead
>>
>>64767176
I'll do that in the future, for now though, my song is almost finished and I'm curious as to why this is hapenning.
>>
>>64767057

i haven't. i don't think cubase is that relevant anymore.

all of these daws should have some kind of trial version, so fuck around in them and decide for yourself. if that isn't an option, watch youtube videos of people explaining them to you.
>>
>>64767216
fixed it, sage
>>
>>64746964
>we built a potato filter for a guitar

I'm interested in making a potato filter, anyone know if they work on synth?
>>
>>64755431
I used to post a lot here but I've not been coming here very much recently due to all the petty arguments and shitposting. I realise this is 4chan but like you say /prod/ was never like this.

>>64755469
It may not be a real life shitfit, but it's still a shitfit shitpost in what was a rather pleasant thread up until then.

Can you guys not learn to ignore shitpost instead of filling the thread with petty arguments over the meaning of ironic
>>
>>64766653
Anyone?
>>
>>64758478
Yep. All the time. Sometimes I'll listen back to a track I made 5 or 10 years ago and think fucking hell that part sounds really good, but can't believe I could have made it and have no recollection of doing so...also project files are fucked
>>
>>64761335
This is really nice I like it.

Are hydrophones just the same as contact mics but sealed up? I'm thinking of getting some hydrophones any recommendations on which makes to buy?
>>
>>64766760
Very interesting thats for sure. A nice soundscape. Would be good for a movie or game. Can I ask...
How did you do this? lol
>>
tfw you record all of your conversations with friends without them knowing and use their voices as samples
>>
>>64767057
I'm a cubase 8 user. I've used every DAW and can say everything is p standard. It's very comfy and has a nice workflow. I'm constantly surprised at the weird shit cubase can pull out of nowhere. It has plenty of features that per se abelton/PT does not. I constantly use it with reason or FL too, they make DAW to DAW interaction super easy.

Biggest complaint is since there's not a huge community, there is little to no place to get software help or to ask questions, especially about the newest update. But everything you need is in the manual anyway I'm just a lazy fuck
>>
>>64767883
not what you're talking about no I don't know much about FL. When I start a track I just manually set every fader at -8dB before I open any instruments or audio.
>>
>>64745054
sounds good bro
>>
>>64753376
not an argument
>>
>>64768519
I used to use cubase a lot years ago along with wavelab. I really liked them. Unfortunately after buying a Mac I realised neither were supported on OS so I moved to logic and Quattro DSP. Now cubase and wavelab are available for Mac I keep thinking about going back to them but they are both pretty expensive and I've already shelled out on logic and DSP!

Native instruments have released Replika XL. Gonna grab the demo today got a feeling it's gonna sound really nice.
>>
>>64766358
Monark is nice
>>
File: 1414499290106.jpg (23 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1414499290106.jpg
23 KB, 600x400
For some reason this trumpet I recorded sounds slightly (panned maybe 20/100) to the right to me, and not centered like it should be.

Can someone check it for me? Are my ears fucked up?

https://clyp.it/xx0v5lx3
>>
>>64766358
serum is god
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.