[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OK Computer In Rainbows AMSP Kid A The Bends Amnesiac Hail to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3
OK Computer
In Rainbows
AMSP
Kid A
The Bends
Amnesiac
Hail to the Thief
TKOL
Pablo Honey

Fite me IRL.
>>
Kid A
IR
AMSP
OKC
Bends
Amnesiac
Hail
TKOL
Pablo
>>
this thread is just too good for the general
>>
>OK Computer up high
>TKOL down low
i'm ok with this

still haven't listened to AMSP btw
>>
>>64732428

I have a feeling you'll definitely like it if you don't like TKOL. It's got actual songs on it.
>>
IR
HTTT
Amnesiac
TKOL
Kid A
AMSP
OK Computer
Pablo Honey
The Bends
>>
>>64732371
what does this caption mean?
>>
OKC > Kid A = AMSP = IR > Amnesiac = HTTT = TKOL > PH
>>
>>64732522

forgot most britfags are asleep. there's a scottish comedian called limmy who looks like thom so it's been memed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkuWrmxN7hg
>>
I thought Pablo was ok
>>
>>64732371
Ok Computer
Kid A
HTTT
The Bends
Amnesiac
AMSP
TKOL
IR
PH
>>
Kid A > TKOL > Amnesiac > IR > OKC > AMSP > HTTT >> The Bends >>> PH
>>
>>64732371
Daily reminder that all of you sheep putting PH last on your lists look fucking stupid.
>>
>>64732578
It was pretty good.
It was still probably their worst, though.
My list:
OK Computer
Kid A
In Rainbows
AMSP
Amnesiac
King of Limbs
HTTT
The Bends
Pablo Honey
>>
>>64732371
Throw Kid A on top and switch In Rainbows and AMSP
>>
>>64732371
Amnesiac
OKC
Kid A
AMSP
The Bends
AMSP
TKOL
HTTT
Pablo Honey
>>
>>64732561
>>64732371
holy shit
limmy's a fucking legend when i can understand what he's saying
>>
>>64732561
thanks, "mate" (is that what you guys say "across the pond" haha)

sincerely, your colony
>>
>>64732371

Amnesiac
Kid A
Ok Computer
The Bends
In Rainbows
AMSP
The King of Limbs
Hail To The Thief
Pablo Honey
>>
switch up Kid A and OKC and it's a deal
>>
Hail to the Thief
Kid A
A Moon Shaped Pool
OK Computer
Amnesiac
In Rainbows
The Bends
The King of Limbs
Pablo Honey
>>
>>64732371
100% accurate
>>
>>64732669
It's very obviously the worst, you contrarian fuck.
>>
AMSP is by no means bad, but it feels so tame and middle of the road, it just doesn't compare to their other albums in my opinion. It's good, but I wouldn't rank it higher than any of their albums other than HTTT and Pablo.
>>
>>64732525
You are correct sir.
>>
OK Computer > The Bends > In Rainbows = Kid A > A Moon Shaped Pool > Hail to the Thief > Amnesiac > The King of Limbs = Pablo Honey
>>
>>64735525
i feel the same! i just don't get it! is not bad, but i don't get it, TKoL is way more interesting, can anybody wxplain all the hype?
>>
In Rainbows
Ok Computer
A Moon Shaped Pool (still listening to it fully)
The Bends
The King of Limbs
Kid A
Pablo Honey
HTTT
>>
>>64735865
what the fuck happened here
>>
>>64735764
It grows on you. It's a lot more subtle and understated than their other albums, and it's center is really hard to pin down. It's like any of their albums -- for some people it hits the ball out of the park and for others, it's a solid addition to their canon.

Also for me it goes
In Rainbows
Kid A
King of Limbs
Amnesiac
A Moon Shaped Pool
OK Computer
Hail to the Thief
The Bends
Pablo Honey

though I love all their stuff and there isn't a track on any of these albums I don't know by heart
>>
Kid A
OKC
In Rainbows
Amnesiac
AMSP
The Bends
HTTT
TKoL
TLoP
>>
>>64732491
I like you

>>64735865
Putting anything you're half-way through higher than Kid A is bonkers. It's not even my favorite album of theirs and I genuinely think it's the greatest thing they've released.
>>
Kid A
OKC
In Rainbows
AMSP
Amnesiac
HTTT
The Bends
TKOL
Pablo bought a rolly and a rottweiler
>>
In Rainbows
Kid A
OKC
AMSP
The Bends
HttT
Pablo Honey
Amnesiac
TKOL

This is the real list
>>
AMSP > the rest
>>
File: heartheehearthee.jpg (368 KB, 1264x2348) Image search: [Google]
heartheehearthee.jpg
368 KB, 1264x2348
>>
Objectively correct rankings:
In Rainbows
Kid A
OKC
AMSP
Amnesiac
The Bends
HTTT
TKoL
Pablo Honey
>>
OKC
kid a
in rainbows
AMSP
HTTT
TKOL
Amnesiac
Bends
Pablo

niggers
>>
>Kid A
>In Rainbows
>OK Computer
>Amnesiac
>Hail to the Thief
>The Bends
>The King of Limbs
>Pablo Honey

Going to get stoned and listen to A Moon Shaped Pool with my girlfriend tomorrow. Based on my list, where will it fall? Will I like it? Hate it?

I think spots 2-5 are really hard to pick and very close, they're almost all equal. Kid A nudges them out for having best consistency, though there are tracks I don't like on each one.
>>
>>64739903

>IR and Amnesiac in the top half

I think it'll land right below OKC for you. Just a gut feeling.
>>
Kid A
OK Computer
In Rainbows
Hail to the Thief
Amnesiac
A Moon Shaped Pool
The King of Limbs
The Bends
Pablo Honey
>>
Kid A
A Moon Shaped Pool
In Rainbows
The Bends
Amnesiac
Hail To The Thief
The King of Limbs
OK Computer
Pablo Honey
>>
I'm not remotely a huge Radiohead fan. I've heard 3 different songs I liked.

But why is Pablo Honey consistently ranked so low?
>>
>>64740328
It's their worst work, very generic album and seems like they still didn't find their sound.
>>
>>64740328

It's basically a generic 90's alt rock record, one that the band immediately eclipsed with the more mature songwriting and far superior guitar textures of The Bends. To make matters worse for it, even THAT album was readily eclipsed with OK Computer, at which the band really started their trajectory as the band they're known as today. Those first 2 albums almost sound like they come from a different planet but even in their own world there is little reason to acknowledge Pablo Honey when The Bends exists.
>>
>>64740355
>>64740432
So it's a legitimate distaste. Are there any songs on Pablo Honey that you guys enjoy?
>>
>>64740459

On its own merits? Sure, it's a passable enough record. I like You, Creep, Thinking About You, and Blow Out in particular above the others. But again, the band very, VERY quickly outgrew this album. If anything, it probably would've had a kinder reception in retrospect as an On A Friday release.
>>
>>64740459
Creep/You
(They've always had great album openers)
>>
>>64737593
wtf get your ears checked
>>
Guys, A Moon Shaped Pool might be my favorite Radiohead album. I can't stop listening to it.

A Moon Shaped Pool > OK Computer > Kid A = In Rainbows > Amnesiac = The Bends > Hail to the Thief > The King of Limbs > Pablo Honey
>>
>>64740827
same problem here lol
>>
Amnesiac
In Rainbows
AMSP
Ok Computer
Kid A
HTTT
TKOL
The Bends
Pablo Honey

Idk why Kid A is so low for me. I just enjoyed the other albums much more
>>
>>64740913
thats okay anon, we all have different tastes. but to be fair the other 4 albums you listed above it are pretty amazing as well
>>
File: 1462589035630.png (1 MB, 1082x838) Image search: [Google]
1462589035630.png
1 MB, 1082x838
Kid A
Ok Computer
In Rainbows
A Moon Shaped Pool
The Bends
Amnesiac
Hail to the Thief
The King of Limbs
Pablo Honey
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.