[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does he listen to?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: Stanley-Kubrick.png (175 KB, 750x400) Image search: [Google]
Stanley-Kubrick.png
175 KB, 750x400
????
>>
>>64714359
Pink Floyd
He attempted to get Atom Heart Mother as the soundtrack to Clockwork Orange

also Small faces probably
>>
>>64714518
Damn, that would have been great.
>>
>>64714568
Over Ludwig Van and Wendy Carlos's classic synths? It would have been a total kick in the balls
>>
http://www.johncoulthart.com/feuilleton/2006/04/13/alex-in-the-chelsea-drug-store/

These
>>
>>64714359
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2uuRG9l1JA&ab_channel=ptk78
>>
>>64714568
I disagree. The soundtrack already suits the movie perfectly.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
>>
Strauss
>>
>>64714359
watch his movies and you will know
>>
>>64714568
I bet you're the type of person who thinks stargate sequenced from 2001 should've had Shine On Your Crazy Diamond instead of the perfect Ligeti music.
>>
Classical music, mostly.

He was supposedly shocked the first time he heard the Rolling Stones when working on the FMJ soundtrack.
>>
>>64715223
this is one of my favorite syncs, almost feels intentional
>>
Kinda related: http://www.businessinsider.com/beatles-the-lord-of-the-rings-2014-12

tl;dr: The Beatles wanted to make a Lord of the Rings films with Kubrick as the director but Kubrick turned them down.
>>
>>64718284
as a lover of camp and someone who finds the lord of the rings movies impossibly boring i think i'm a bit sad that i don't live in the reality where that actually happened
>>
>>64718284
>Paul McCartney wanted to play Frodo Baggins
Oc
>>
musique concrete
>>
Exclusively John Coltrane, Yellow Magic Orchestra and OG Swaggerdick
>>
>>64714359
Nothing, because he is dead
>>
>>64718766
KEK
>>
>>64714359
Nothing, he's dead. Sorry to break the news to you OP.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.