[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What age did you grow out of hip hop? When did you drop all the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: Cool Bart.jpg (16 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Cool Bart.jpg
16 KB, 500x375
What age did you grow out of hip hop? When did you drop all the plagiarism, masculine posturing, consumerism, gossip, and celebrity image that characterizes the hip hop genre at all levels?

Probably around 20 for me
>>
Happy birthday! Where did you go for your first legal drink?
>>
here's the post
>>
>>64713464
I don't live in a police state so I don't really remember when my first legal drink was
>>
>>64713464
>Trying to make someone feel bad about being the age everyone would pick if they could stay one age forever
>>
>>
At what age will you grow out of /mu/?
>>
>>64713445
>>
>>64713445
I used to listen to only conscious / backpacker hip hop and hated anything mainstream or anything that glorified what you said in OP

Now, I really enjoy a lot of Memphis and Houston hip hop. Real gangster rap is really good man, you have to appreciate their hustle and the lifestyle they had to live to get by at one point in their lives.
>>
I pretended to like it for a bit when I was 16. By the time I turned 17 I had pretty much grown out of it, but to be honest I never really liked it that much. Can still listen to a bit, but I don't pretend it's great music.
>>
>>64713445
What took you so long?
>>
>>64713445
>at what age did you decide to pretend you have taste
>>
>>64713445
>that characterizes the hip hop genre at all levels?

Maybe you need to get better taste anon. And by that I don't mean "my taste", because "my taste" is ten miles beyond anything your brain could compute. Just listen to Coin Locker Kid or something
>>
File: Gass (disdain).jpg (7 KB, 200x306) Image search: [Google]
Gass (disdain).jpg
7 KB, 200x306
>>64713691
>claims to have good taste
>listens to pop music
Lmao. You poor, deluded pseud
>>
>>64713445
when i was 14
>>
>>64713817
It's clearly b8 or retarded
Just ignore them
>>
>>64713445
grew out of hip-hop at 16

grew into death grips at 20
>>
at what age did you start paying for your own phone?
>>
>>64713445
Still haven't, still waiting.
>>
>>64713582
At what age will you grow out of [spoiler]life?[spoiler]
>>
>>64714137
That's only one reason, and it doesn't make much sense.
>>
>>64714174
42. I had a vision.
>>
>>64713902
>Regressed into DG in 20
Ftfy
>>
>>64713445
>>
>>64714174
we are here because we already know the answer
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.