[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you play shows with your band when you have no fanbse,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
How do you play shows with your band when you have no fanbse, and how do you build up that said fanbase
>>
>>64705083
Git gud
Play a million gigs supporting other bands.
acquire fanbase.
>>
>>64705083
bump, gimme answers, i suck at marketing and business shit
>>
>>64705251
same
>>
Find concert promoters at local shows. You'll have to eat a lotta money buying your own tickets but they'll work you into a concert. Over time you'll be able to sell those tickets you buy from the promoter and be able to break even.

The better the return on investment on your part and theirs the better the shows you start playing.

Then realize that it's hopeless, non-stop struggle where you have to rely on flukes to get popular, and you're dumping all your money into promoting your band through demos and fliers, give up playing in a band and shitpost on /mu/ forever.
>>
make friends with people that run local shows. open for already established bands. hopefully gain a couple of fans
>>
Do quirky stage antics that get people talking about you. My band started giving each other blow jobs on stage. Now LGBT people show up to our shows because they think we are so progressive and whatever.
>>
play at wal-mart
>>
>>64705388
So I'm pretty much buying tickets in the guise of "fans" just to get further in the bill?
>>
File: pitbull-bear-web.jpg (63 KB, 635x857) Image search: [Google]
pitbull-bear-web.jpg
63 KB, 635x857
>>64705504
#DALE
>>
>>64705550
based
>>
1. Write good music that people want to hear, and be able to play it well
2. Contact promoters for pay-to-play shows. They'll give you tickets, sell as many of them as you can to friends and family
3. Record your music and spread it through the internet
4. ????
5. Profit
>>
>>64705536
Pretty much when you first start out.

For example: Concert promoter has 200 tickets and needs to fill 4 band slots at a venue. Headlining band has a good following so they buy 100 tickets at $10 for $1,000.

You and the other 3 bands don't have much of a following or money so you bite the bullet and divide what's left.

Your band ends up buying 25 tickets at $250. You can probably get at least 5 people from just friends and family, but in the end you're eating $200 on tickets just to secure your spot on the bill.

As you gain notoriety by playing multiple venues (just playing one is a quick dead-end, but most good promoters will get you in other places) you'll start to sell more and more tickets and lessen your losses.

Even then you won't start posting profit (Read: $50) for a good while unless you just really have that spark.
>>
What a bunch of cucks in this thread, DO NOT do business with promoters who do pay-to-play shows. Hit up your local shitty Japanese restaurant and play a show on their patio, find a Masonic lodge and rent that place out for the night, and get in touch with a skate park and play while people are skating. Don't sell presales to pat the wallet of some 29 year old dropout promoter whose favorite band is probably Twenty One Pilots or Brand New
>>
>>64705974
The masonic lodge in my area charges over $2000 with a six hour minimum ;(
>>
>>64705974
I never said it was a GOOD way, it is A way. Though lol if you think just playing some shitty restaurant is going to get you ANYWHERE you're delusional.

You do make a good point that I forgot to bring up however, promoters are fucking scumbags looking to line their pockets. If something sounds too good to be true, it is.
>>
>>64706088
What a bunch of Jews
>>
>>64706153
What would you say is another alternative that isn't going to be as costly as putting that much $$$ in?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.