[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/noise/ - Radiohead-free Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 11
File: image.jpg (447 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
447 KB, 600x600
What did you guys think of the new Prurient record? It reminded me structurally of Pleasure Ground(4 tracks, 3rd leaned more toward dark ambient side, harsh electronics) but reinvented.

For me, it didn't match up to Frozen Niagara Falls, but it was to be expected. I had hoped he would expand on the sounds he compiled on FNF but it seems like he regressed back into his comfort zone.

Listen:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLiRc9VoFv05bkp_8CRZP-f_zcd8tgaBs9

Other bits and bobs:

https://youtu.be/HY3knpQcAUU

https://youtu.be/kQzFdd1pxuc

https://youtu.be/1wdEo4GKymg
>>
Have you by any chance heard the new Radiohead album?
>>
>>64694321
I misread this and thought you meant "Free Radiohead" as in you had download links to the new Radiohead abum. Very disappointed.
>>
please, no

Yes, I heard it. It's ok.
>>
File: Front.jpg (2 MB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
Front.jpg
2 MB, 1400x1400
hi
>>
>>64694321
holy shit my ears
this isn't radiohead is it?
>>
Local radio station is playing a set from the label Järtecknet right now. Good stuff
>>
>>64694321
>it didn't match up to Frozen Niagara Falls
It was never supposed to.

>it seems like he regressed back into his comfort zone
So? Prurient, like most noise, has always been diary entries. I don't listen to noise to be blown away by intense musicality or production value, or indeed to compare and contrast releases. It's a movement totally free of that, and that is why I'm drawn to it. Each release is examined on it's own terms and in it's own context. I don't think it is fair to expect a constant, upward trajectory based on stipulated, major studio albums, like you would with... I dunno, Radiohead, for example.

However, that said, it certainly doesn't sound like any kind of comfort zone. UR is pretty unique in Fernow's discography.
>>
>>64695246
refreshing post
would read again
>>
id like to die
>>
Prurient's limited tapes almost never have the scope and depth of his major releases(which isn't to suggest that they're not worth listening to, a lot of my favorite material of his is contained on them), he's explained that they serve as something like research and exploration while the big albums represent the results of that research and exploration. He will occasionally(and I imagine accidentally) deliver what turns out to be a major achievement in the guise of a low-profile cassette edition(see: The Golden Chamber, Cocaine Daughter, Tiger Smells A Corpse, Annihilationist), but for the most part there is a clear cut between those two aspects of the project.

That said, Unknown Rains is a worthy addition to his discography. It's fractured, devastated and genuinely uncomfortable in a way that the project hasn't felt in a long time.

>>64695057
That's cool as hell, Jartecknet is one of the best contemporary Swedish labels for this sort of stuff.
What country/state are you from?
>>
>>64695658
same
>>
>>64695057
i'm assuming you live in gothenburg?
is there an actual fm station there broadcasting the set? that's fucking cool
>>
>>64695246
I knew it wouldn't match up to FNF but I still enjoyed it.

FNF was out of the box. Monumental. It took pieces from every side of prurient's style and created a magnum opus worthy of being a final release.

The thing that draws me to noise is free improvisation. It's always different, no matter what. And it doesn't have that "designed" and "computed" feel that a lot of noise studio albums have, which takes away from the enjoyability. That's what keeps even lazy, staticky, murky, drone noise interesting.
>>
File: blue.jpg (199 KB, 1280x914) Image search: [Google]
blue.jpg
199 KB, 1280x914
guys I need help. there was an interview with a noise artist (?) who explained why people make noise and glitch art in general. he also talked about the desire of people to push instruments and storage media to its limits. I really really need to find that interview, if anyone has it or knows what I'm talking about, please post a link
>>
>>64695691
>>64695741

Broadcasting all the way from the Bay Area California, KFJC 89.7. They play all kinds of stuff, favorite radio station out there. Check it out
>>
>>64696092
I faintly remember Pete Swanson in the People Who Do Noise documentary talking about how it was the celebration of doing things wrong. The guy from Smegma said a similar thing, too, I think? Sort of like what you describe. It's been years since I watched that though.
>>
>>64696335
Thank you!
>>
>>64695711
what's hurting you?
>>
>>64696629
Not that guy, but fuck yeah, Tina Aumont is top-tier. You're my nigga forever for posting her.
>>
>>64696402
I watched it too but I don't remember much of it honestly. I'll check it out again, thanks
>>
>>64696629
i'd rather not discuss such in one of the few - but regardless continuously assailed - bastions of quality on this board, lest it too falls to the memes
>>
File: Capture.png (382 KB, 377x668) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
382 KB, 377x668
>>64696744
thank you, she is
pic unrelated
>>64696786
understandable
>>
>>64696960
Posting Vashti too... Now you're playing with my emotions.
>>
File: 304038-las-fotografias-de-4.jpg (24 KB, 500x406) Image search: [Google]
304038-las-fotografias-de-4.jpg
24 KB, 500x406
>>64697165
luckily for your still intact emotions im not female
>>
>>64696629
>>64696960
>>64697413
can you upload a .zip of your clearly huge archive of comfy panda-eyed girls
>>
The new Radiohead is great
>>
File: 906-9831.jpg (43 KB, 759x575) Image search: [Google]
906-9831.jpg
43 KB, 759x575
>>64698088
im getting drunk/blacking out
remind me next thread
>>
File: image.png (93 KB, 400x253) Image search: [Google]
image.png
93 KB, 400x253
oi /noise/ is usually one of the best generals, waifufags and yorke dickriders get out
>>
>>64694321
Is there a /noise/ essentials chart? I'm interested
>>
File: original.jpg (44 KB, 500x352) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
44 KB, 500x352
>>64699552
not a waifufag

>>64699615
http://pastebin.com/PhhV6eSx
>>
File: 5979369.jpg (145 KB, 393x596) Image search: [Google]
5979369.jpg
145 KB, 393x596
>>64699552
tbf, the general does have the word "radiohead" in it, it's like honey for flies.

Finally starting pic related, and god damn. I had Alessandro Cortini in my backlog last year and never got to him. I was missing out, his tape on this is superb. Already excited for the rest of it.
>>
>>64700815
Lussuria is a real treat on there
>>
What would you rec someone who only knows of Merzbow, whorebutcher, noise nazi, the rita, deathpile, and vomir?
>>
>>64700844
My favorite part of the compilation right there
>>
File: clothilde_sw.jpg (19 KB, 225x399) Image search: [Google]
clothilde_sw.jpg
19 KB, 225x399
>>64701791
http://pastebin.com/PhhV6eSx
there's links to charts
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.