[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TL;DR: I know im going against the rules but I REALLY need p
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 451x451) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 451x451
TL;DR: I know im going against the rules but I REALLY need proper feedback

I FULLY expect this to 404, BUT, i want feedback from those who listen to mostly hip-hop/rap. i want to know what i can do better. drop in, call me trash, i dont care. but Soundcloud threads are full of samefagging and no proper critiques get done just "8/10, 7/10, etc.."
https://soundcloud.com/aviairy/checc_dat-prod-by-bsdu
>>
File: fbi.jpg (51 KB, 974x269) Image search: [Google]
fbi.jpg
51 KB, 974x269
>>64691021
reported
>>
>>64691021
listening to it right now anon
>>
>>64691088
update: actually liked it desu
dig the production, flow is solid
desu would listen to an album of this
>>
File: esta lit.jpg (24 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
esta lit.jpg
24 KB, 270x270
>>64691021
>>
>>64691021
the first half sounds really off, try to count a 4/4 beat to it, do you hear it?
>>
>>64691021
The vocal delivery doesn't match the beat, they don't mix well. The actual lyrics need work too, you absolutely can't compete with mediocrity and if you actually want to do something else than rap in your bedroom for the rest of your life I suggest you work on that.
Vocals aren't mixed well, the levels need to be adjusted and they need to be made more clear.
The beat in itself is okay, except for the obviously too short lenght and out of place intro.

I'm not trying to put you down though, keep at it by all means. These are just points where you could improve on
>>
>>64691084
haha

>>64691140
thanks for that

>>64691265
this is good

>>64691350
do you mean my flow in the start? i can see what you're saying. it is a bit off i must admit.

thanks for the feedback all
>>
>>64691526
understood completely. and youre spot on, i do rap in my bedroom because i rap on garageband on my iphone. when it comes the mixing, i dont do it. its rare but sometimes ill ask others to mix things for me. admittedly my lyrics do need work too. ill add proper mixing to what i need to work on as well

good criticism, this is the stuff that doesnt pop up in the soundcloud threads. thanks anon
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 1002x648) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 1002x648
bump for more critique before 404
>>
I like it
Would listen to mixtape
>>
>>64691941
thank you for dropping in anon and giving a listen. theres nothing you suggest i change or?
>>
File: 1462498885107.png (73 KB, 290x200) Image search: [Google]
1462498885107.png
73 KB, 290x200
iz bretty gud
>>
>>64692091
thank you kindly!
>>
File: image.jpg (528 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
528 KB, 1024x1024
final bump before i let this die
>>
Very good, nice production, i would listen to a tape of this senpai. Maybe mix the vocals a teeny bit higher though
>>
>>64692003
It sounded a bit off beat in the beginning but ended super strong
>>
>>64691701
I did however like the beat and your flow is good too, but it just didn't sit with the beat well there. The best way to work on your writing is, well, by reading. (I know, what a shocker right?)
What I also like to do is keep a pen and paper with me at all times for when some ideas pop in to my head I can write them down instantly and work on them later after giving some thought.
You should also after the writing process take a day or two and come back to the text from a fresh perspective and then not critisize but analyze and work on what you feel needs to be worked on. Repeat until you're 100% happy with what you've done.

Mixing and mastering is something I myself aren't nearly as good at yet as I would hope to be, it takes lots of time and practice.

Like I said though, keep doing what you love doing and let nothing stop you
>>
Oh fuck. I actually saw this thread and was deciding between calling you a faggot or making a comment about how you were probably commenting on your own thread, but god damn, this is actually pretty damn good...

...Can... C-Can I have a DL link, OP?
>>
>>64691021

unoriginal, track sounds like the roots but less refined or something. not a fan of that sampled singing insturmental, the vocals are just detached, just doesn't grab my attention

listen to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zt1ogRbe48

notice how closely the rapping coincides with the instrumental while still remaining consistent.
>>
>>64693357
Actually, I'm a dumbass... uh... nevermind the DL link part... uh... Yep...

Anyhow, nice job, OP. Please do more stuff.
>>
>>64693404
bait
>Lil Yachty
wtf is this trash
>>
>>64693547
Oh jesus that's shiiiit
>>
>>64693413
why do you write like a retard
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.