[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LP9
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: thom.png (84 KB, 274x265) Image search: [Google]
thom.png
84 KB, 274x265
Burn the witch is not gonna be on the album, at least not the version they have released. I'm calling it.

Also, LP9 is gonna be a 10/10 just because of Daydreaming and this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prhSe71_nmM

This one is, by far, their best song.
>>
Also, The Present Tense is gonna be full of bleep bloop rhythm
>>
I am so holding out for Cut A Hole to be featured. I remember when I first found that song and I've loved it ever since, those vocals at the end are just great. Hope he did them as well on the studio version if there is one.
>>
>>64668029
Why won't BTW be on the album?
>>
Where you there in Miami 4 years ago? pretty fucking cool seeing this, identikit and meeting in the isle played live for the first time. Sonically, it's fit right in with the new stuff, but lyrically it doesnt deal with the political theme... I hope it gets atleast a b side release or something.
>>
>>64668703
In the announcement of the Daydreaming video, they said "taken from the album". When Burn the witch was released, they didn't say anything.
>>
LP9 will either be their worst, or their best album yet. No in betweens.
>>
>>64668703
Because they're releasing it as a limited 7" this close to the release of the album.
>>
I actually don't have a problem with Burn The Witch not being featured on the album. Just means there's more room for new tracks on the album that we haven't heard yet.
>>
Prediction: There will be no previously played material on the album. No Present Tense. No Identikit. No Big Boots. The only one with a slight possibility is Ful Stop
>>
>>64668958
I wish I had been there.

Cut a hole might be about Thom having an affair, and Thom's divorce is gonna be a relevant theme on LP9.
>>
>>64668029
I´m really fucking hoping with my heart to see cut a hole getting a studio version.
>>
>>64668275
to me sounds really king-o-limbsy
>>
>>64669002
Really? I'm thinking of an inbetweener. I'm thinking Hail To The Thief kind of quality.
>>
>>64669166
Sounds completely new and fresh to me which is part of the reason I liked it so much.
>>
How do you think they'll release physical copies?

I wonder what the album art is.
>>
>>64669166
I can totally see this or Skirting on the surface getting the strings+bloops treatment and working really, REALLY well.

Dont know why people excepct Identikit or Ful Stop. I dont see them working if they sound like they did in 2012.
>>
Will this album come out on cassette? It's coming back in indie/punk stores and that seems to be a big part of LP9's release strategy
>>
Album will be 12 tracks long. Opening track is Identikit. Daydreaming is the second to last song. Burn the Witch isn't on the album.

Lock it in.
>>
I had a feeling of that too OP. Burn the Witch will be on the album, but as the slowed down piano version they teased live years back.
>>
ITT: LP9 predictions.
>>
>>64669534
Yeah, but when he teased the audience he played the piano, stopped and said something like "we'll wait for the orchestra". I think a slower piano version would fit better but it looks like Thom doesn't want Burn the witch to sound like that.
>>
>>64669505

There's no way Identikit will be the opener I doubt it will even appear here.

Daydreamers is defo second to last song tho.
>>
why do people like identikit so much? the backing vocals really annoy me

in other news I'm hoping that the present tense is on this album. seems like it has the most potential out of the band's vault
>>
>>64668029
fuck op this is one time when i hope youre right. a more somber version of burn the witch, with cut a hole, identikit and Daydreaming.

i salivate at the idea of this album
>>
File: 1462667834380.jpg (42 KB, 514x749) Image search: [Google]
1462667834380.jpg
42 KB, 514x749
>Fulstop
>Identikit
>Cut a Hole

I'm fucking ready for them to fuck this up and not release those songs
>>
File: 1443367449480.gif (135 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
1443367449480.gif
135 KB, 500x300
>>64668029
Please Thom, don't fuck with us and release this song on LP9.
>>
>>64669329
i like cassette because all i have is a tape deck in my truck
>>
It's the second time they reuse an old studio song. I'm not exactly happy with what they did to Good Morning Mr. Magpie, and Follow Me Around wasn't that great a track to begin with.

ACH VELL
>>
>>64673204
>second time
I think it's a bit more than that lol
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.